• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rooms are not available

RescueRanger - Not sure what time you checked the rate, but I just checked again (Sunday, 12:45 PM) and the rate was still $279 for the Garden view.
We really don't care what type of Standard room we are in because we will not be in it much at all.
What is wrong with the time on these boards anyway...it is not the correct time?

Originally posted by Familyof14
RescueRanger - Not sure what time you checked the rate, but I just checked again (Sunday, 12:45 PM) and the rate was still $279 for the Garden view.
We really don't care what type of Standard room we are in because we will not be in it much at all.
What is wrong with the time on these boards anyway...it is not the correct time?

I checked about 3 hours after you did, but I just checked (2:00pm Central) and the bayview was still available for $212. There was a gardenview room for $279 but it was bed and breakfast rate. To get the fan club rate you need to type "fan" in the promotional code box. HTH. Just call 1-800-BE-A-STAR and they will be able to help you as well.

Edited: I just called for you and checked July 18-21...They have bayview queen rooms for the $217 per night. Please call instead of using the online site. Don't wait too long though.;)

Originally posted by Familyof14

You have to go into your user cp and check off the correct time zone.

I can see the $217, queen beds, bay view rooms as well on the Loews site.

---------
Daily Rate: (per room)
217.00 United States Dollars
Room Description:
Bay View Room 2 Queen Beds sleeps up to 5 475 Sq Ft lavish furniture overlooks bay added rollaway for 5th person at nominal fee

Rate Description:
UO FAN CLUB DISCOUNT RATES MUST PRESENT VALID FAN CLUB ID UPON CHECK IN BLACK OUTS AND OTHER RESTRICTIONS APPLY

-------OR-------

Daily Rate: (per room)
232.00 United States Dollars
Room Description:
Deluxe Room 2 Queen Beds Sleeps up to 5 500 Sq Ft lavish furnishings large bath added rollaway for 5th person at nominal fee

Rate Description:
UO FAN CLUB DISCOUNT RATES MUST PRESENT VALID FAN CLUB ID UPON CHECK IN BLACK OUTS AND OTHER RESTRICTIONS APPLY

Familyof14-

I don't know if you had your heart set on Portofino but Hardrock has Gardenview Queen rooms for $187 fanclub and RPR has Gardenview Queen rooms for $164 fanclub. You said that you wouldn't be spending much time in the room so I don't really think the extra few square feet of living space will make much of a difference.:D

OK, I see the problem. You all are looking at the wrong dates. :earseek:

If you look back at the 1st page of the thread, a few post down, you will see the dates of July 16-18.

I just checked all three hotels again. We really wanted a little more space and that is why we picked Portofino. The Hard Rock does not take reservations under a three day stay. I looked at RPH and they have the standard rooms (although almost 100 sq. ft. smaller than PBH) at $219. They also have a Club Level room for $319. Are the Club rooms any larger than the standard? If I divide the extra $100 this room would cost us, it would come out to $20 pp per day. Would we use $20 worth pp of food and services? Is Club worth it for that price? We will not have tiome to work out and we will be getting in too late the first night and staying at the park all day, getting back late the second night. This leaves breakfast and taking some bottled water and maybe a snack with us to the park.

OK...you are staying over the weekend. That is where the problem is. They probably are pretty booked. Are you locked into those dates are do you have a little flexibility? If you can't change your dates, I would keep checking the site daily to see if any rooms have opened up. As has been said before, people cancel all the time. We will keep our fingers crossed for you.

Those dates are pre cruise so yes, they are carved in stone. We are doing Disney post cruise.

We can get the room, it is just the FAN rate that has disappeared when it was there Friday.

I don't think the Club room makes sense for us. I checked and the room is the same size as other standards. I just don't think we would eat $20 worth of food pp either.

The more I think about it, the more I think maybe we should just stay off site. We are not going to spend anytime at the resort and the only reason for booking it is the FOTL pass. We can have more room elsewhere, save money and buy the Express (FOTL one ride only) Pass for $135 total for 5.

Hi, As I'm from Europe, where we are not familiar with letters on phonedials, can some give the numbers on the next phonenumber

1-800-BE-A-STAR

So I can make a reservation for the RPR
BTW does this require a creditcard number over the phone and a deposit ?

Hi pietnoeck. They really should include the actual numbers!

1-800-BEASTAR is 1-800-232-7827.

And yes, they do ask for a credit card for a deposit. I don't know if there's another option?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter