Rooms to avoid at the HoJo?

Princess Melody

Mouseketeer
I am staying at the Hojo for the first time for my upcoming Disneyland trip. I've heard a lot of positive things about it but the one negative thing I keep getting warned about by past guests is that some of the rooms are very noisy due to the freeway being nearby. I have a standard room booked. I called and asked but Disneyland views were sold out. Any advice on rooms to request or rooms to avoid? Which buildings are affected by the freeway noise? Any other hints or tips for a first time guest?

I have a few questions about the hotel as well:

I don't need a park view, but I REALLY don't want a noisy room. What about building 4 or 3?

What time do the shuttles start running in the morning and what time is the LAST pick up there at the park?

Also, is the "shuttle" the ART? And if so what is the route like coming and going?

If it is the ART does the shuttle run EVERY 30 minutes throughout the day?

I really like the look of this hotel but don't want that extra walk (not that I'm not going to be walking my tail off over the 3/4 day trip) but just wanted to avoid as much extra walking as possible.

I have read through so many posts of people liking this place and my gut says go for it but that unknown walk has me holding back!

The buildings that have the freeway noise are 1, 5, and 2. However, only some of the rooms in those buildings have the noise problem. Just request a room on the 'courtyard/pool' side of the building (non-freeway side) if you are in one of those buildings. The rooms in bldg 2, overlooking the garden pool have no freeway noise (at least imo) and are my personal favorite. The home office rooms are a bit more $$, but worth it (again imo) they are larger and have a microwave (standard rooms only have fridge - no micro).

Buildings 1 and 2 have elevators, the others are only 2 stories and don't have elevators, if that's an issue for you.

The shuttle service is ART, not sure of the times as we don't use it. But ART has a website with all the times, stops, etc... check that out. The walk isn't bad (and I'm an overweight, middle-aged mom) 10 minutes at most. We usually do it in slightly less.

I also recommend Mimi's, the restaurant right beside the HoJo. They have great food, good variety and large portions. My dd and I usually share a dinner because too big for one person.

Thanks so much for your help. I made a reservation but could only get a smoking room, bldg 1, bottom floor, NOT facing the freeway?!?!?! I have NO CLUE if that will be ok?!?!?! I wonder if anyone has any experience with this room.

As far as I could tell the ONLY rooms that were really loud were facing the freeway. The higher floors are worse than the low ones because the freeway is elevated (about 6 stories I would guess from my 6th floor room). I didn't hear noise walking around the property or even in the hall outside my room. So I am going to guess you are fine there.

As for the shuttle, the shuttle pick up point at DL is at least half the way there from the park gates, the walk is under 5 minutes for adults (kids might have slowed us down but we were kid free) from the point where you get on the shuttle, and we heard people say it was a 30 minute ride. I am middle aged, in poor health, and very out of shape- the walk is all level ground and really not bad. I never felt like it was far, actually I was always surprised at how close it was.

Thanks so much for you advice, it really helps me make my decision!
Kelie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter