Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Thanks all for the support. I've been super out of pocket this week but don't worry I've been out there in my shorts doing the running thing I do (yay for 80+ weather again...ooooph) and have thoughts on my runs. So I'll be back with an update.

The swim thing is in its infancy but I seem to do better with a goal so now I have one. At least my future race has about half of it where I could touch the bottom if I freaked out. I have more swim lessons ahead next week, yay! The bike thing will be fun but I can see my #1 fear will be going faster than my usual leisurely pace. But that's a full year from now. Got some things to conquer still yet this year. #goals

OMFG WHITE WALKER DRAGON!!!!!!!

Slow burn but truly epic!

Back on topic, cool you have entered a tri!

OMFG WHITE WALKER DRAGON!!!!!!!

Slow burn but truly epic!

Back on topic, cool you have entered a tri!

Slow burn is right! Holy white walker dragon, Batman!! I gotta admit, I was pretty upset that he killed one of the dragons. :( The second my husband saw the first chain link though, he was like, "I figured that was coming" and I was totally clueless until I saw it rising out of the ice. Will it spit ice and freeze everything? Song of Fire and Ice indeed!! I was so afraid that Tormund was going to die and so upset about that! I absolutely did NOT see the whole Jon figuratively bending the knee though.

So, a couple of complaints. I've been ignoring the insane time warp things going on this season for the sake of a better story, but I swear this one pushed my limits. I mean just how fast are we supposed to believe a raven can fly? I get that the dragons can cover ground quickly, but a raven? And then Benjen showing up just in time to save Jon? I mean, it's fine and I'm glad Jon is alive obviously, but still. And lastly, seriously with Arya and Sansa? How stupid can they both be? It's really ticking me off. I mean, we have to make these two female characters into a couple of stupid idiot sisters who can't get over sibling rivalry when the wole world is on the verge of extinction?

Rant over. It may not seem like it, but I did really LOVE this episode.

Story time!

So a few weeks back I was reading a @CheapRunnerMike race recap and he was wearing a quite fetching bike shirt. I thought.." hey, that would look lovely on @roxyhubby" so I got the details and ordered the shirt.
Fast forward and got a note that the men's style was sold out. So they offered me a refund, womp womp. Before I sent the email response I showed my hubby and he said it was a really cool shirt and told me to see if they had my size.
Me: I don't even have my own bike. I'd be a poser.
Hubby: so then you'll have to get one
Me: but then I'll have to do a sprint tri next year
Hubby: you will do a sprint tri next year
And that's the story of how this shirt has now turned into officially adding the Naperville Sprint Tri to my calendar for August 2018. Until then I'll just be a literal poser.
View attachment 262808View attachment 262809

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you!! I'm terrible about going fast on the bike too - my husband thinks it's funny that I actually brake on the downhills sometime. He said that's the opposite of racing! :)

@ZellyB @McNs
I'm so swamped at work that I've been radio silent here. Really want to get my running update up tonight if I can breath. But I gotta take a 3 min break for GOT thoughts
Ok, so I think the Night King white walker KNEW what was going to happen. He has Bran freaky see-er eyes so he's probably got Bran freaky vision ability, no? Why make giant chains and bring them if you aren't anticipating the dragons coming. Why bring three long spears and then only use them after the dragons come instead of picking off those guys on the rock. Why stand there and wait for that long without calling over one of your giants with arrows to just pick em off. Bran had a vision of the Night King standing right where they were and so did the Hound. Wanna guess who probably put that thought in their heads? IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

I really was hoping the dead dragon would somehow come flying out of the water just for shear terror effects, but the way they made it change with it's blue eye was cool. Time for Cercei to put a dragon glass spear in her dragon killing ballista machine?

I've only read book one and since that book I was hoping there was a ice dragon hiding up north somewhere...so this isn't how I pictured it. What are the odds that thing burns a giant hole in the wall with it's magic breath? 10/10?

I'm not totally convinced that whatever Arya is saying is how she really feels at "face value" (sorry had to make the face pun.) I still hold hope that her handing the dagger to Sansa was a trust move and that LF will meet the pointy end of it. Sansa sending Brienne away was almost the opposite of what LF wanted with it still looking like she was listening to LF. I HOPE this pays off because everytime they cut to this storyline I was like ZZZZ Noooo BACK TO THE OTHER STUFF!!!

I really want Jon and Dany to hook up and I really want Jon to know he's a targaryen but putting those two things together makes my brain feel icky.

GOT: Arya/Sansa - Yes!! that was exactly my take on that scene. As for the rest, quite possibly the saddest episode since 'Hold the door'.

Thanks all for the support. I've been super out of pocket this week but don't worry I've been out there in my shorts doing the running thing I do (yay for 80+ weather again...ooooph) and have thoughts on my runs. So I'll be back with an update.

The swim thing is in its infancy but I seem to do better with a goal so now I have one. At least my future race has about half of it where I could touch the bottom if I freaked out. I have more swim lessons ahead next week, yay! The bike thing will be fun but I can see my #1 fear will be going faster than my usual leisurely pace. But that's a full year from now. Got some things to conquer still yet this year. #goals

Suuuuuuper cool!! You're giving me so much motivation to conquer my swimming and bike fears. Not sure if I'm ready right now, but I LOVE seeing these new goals on you!

How was I not part of this, haha! Good find!

Suuuuuuper cool!! You're giving me so much motivation to conquer my swimming and bike fears. Not sure if I'm ready right now, but I LOVE seeing these new goals on you!

I'm not sure if I'm ready but I own a pair of goggles now and have completed a full lap of real freestyle with sticking my face in and breathing out after 2 strokes and 4 strokes. Biggest issue is my hair in my face and getting water in my nose. I'm learning.

Also I'm sorry for no updates in so long. I'm still running (ran with hubby this morning)
We just have no internet at the moment. Except for right now
IMG_0809.JPG

I'm on an adventure and I run 10 miles tomorrow. I owe y'all two weeks of updates after that :)

It's late and I need to go to bed but...

ooooh! Oh!!! Yeah he deserved that, well played. Oooh bi*ch but it's her, what do you expect. Lost your man now though. Ew IT'S YOUR AUNTIE. Come on Bran, you're the three eyed raven, tell us something we don't know! OK I see the problem, it's to do with the drywall.

Yeah that was a pretty good episode.

@McNs I love your GOT reaction :)

Still don't have an update for y'all. I think we've all had those weeks in our lives where everything is super busy and even when you do manage to get everything done, you still have more to do. Glad I am able to keep running as it is a good "respite" from the "everything" but boy am I tired. I do promise to clue you all in on how I'm doing eventually. It's like a cliffhanger!

We are now at less than one month to the half marathon and inching ever closer to the 10k. FP+ day is imminent for Wine N Dine weekend. So much to look forward to and work towards. So many mental hurdles that come along with it. But have to keep on with the constant pursuit of forward momentum!

And the adventure I was on was in Michigan "glamping" and I have lots of fun pics to share eventually soon. Hubby was out of town on business a lot too last couple weeks but I don't like to telegraph that on the internet because...well because...

Happy Monday y'all....I'm tired, luckily not sore, but very tired.

and OMG GoT!!!

PS Dunkin Donuts has Maple Pecan flavored coffee now. It's delish!

Excited to catch up, (aka read your updates ;) ) but it sounds like you've had a really eventful few weeks!

I am traveling to a city with Dunkin next week and NEED to try that! YUMM. (also, that's how in the middle of nowhere I am... No Dunkin... thankfully we have Starbucks!)

Small aside because I'm excited about it: Hubby and I were discussing our upcoming dis trip during our saturday run together (yay, for easy enough pace that we could talk) and he asked if I'd decided to do the bibbidi boutique thing. At first I decided against it, because I just wasn't sure if kiddo would want to do it. But she's actually really "aged" over the last half of a year (crazy how different 4 to 5 is) and so I was feeling like I missed our one chance to do it.
So I called today during my lunch break and asked about the one day it would make sense...Friday (my 5k day and the one day with zero plans until Fantasmic at night) And the lady on the phone was SHOCKED that there was one morning appt at the castle. BINGO!
So I guess we'll be doing this afterall! And at least I can cancel one day ahead if we call an audible, but I think we'll keep it.

Had to share!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter