Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Oh hey, so remember how I was just saying that I need to stop buying Disney Starbucks stuff? I just saw this and I NEED it.

http://www.disneyfashionista.com/new-disney-parks-themed-starbucks-tumbler/

I think I'm technically still falling under "Hugs not Mugs" since this isn't a coffee mug though, right? ::yes::
Starbucks tumblers. My true weakness. I have probably eight ventis and three or four grande sizes. They keep my water cold all day every day.

Lesser headwear would have wilted on that day #fearthesparkle
Also a great shirt quote.

A bakers dozen is 13 so that makes sense for a HM. Good thinking.
Re: Hersheys. I don't know if I'm able to swing Chicago in 2018 BUT I sure as heck could run the Hershey races. They fit into my theme of running mostly races that involve food or beverage at the end.
So what color are we wearing next October? Purple?
Oh no. I literally just typed that I couldn't do Chicago but running in purple is kind of my thing.

Well, we certainly have a lot of time to think about it!

Starbucks tumblers. My true weakness. I have probably eight ventis and three or four grande sizes. They keep my water cold all day every day.

Also a great shirt quote.

Re: Hersheys. I don't know if I'm able to swing Chicago in 2018 BUT I sure as heck could run the Hershey races. They fit into my theme of running mostly races that involve food or beverage at the end.

Oh no. I literally just typed that I couldn't do Chicago but running in purple is kind of my thing.

Bwhahahahaha oh man you guys are awesome. I was totally joking about picking out a race color to wear...because we are literally like a million days away.
But I'm glad that it could lure in another victim to our chicago cult....ummm...I mean race-friend to our dismeet @Anisum

I am gonna go broke on mugs and tumblrs.

Hey same! :faint:

giphy.gif

I mean, I prefer chocolate chip too, but the oatmeal was still good. He really has a thing against raisins. What can I tell ya. He can still be persuaded to run the Hershey half again, but I'll probably have to just tell him there are for sure choco chip cookies at the end...and then bake my own, just in case.

Ok. A) I agree with your husband on the raisins. I would have been terribly let down. But B) Uhhh, Hershey isn't that far away from here. While I typically race for pizza, I could be convinced to race with a fellow raisin-hater, a fellow DIS'er, and the promise of chocolate both along the course and in home-made cookies at the end... Just sayin'.

before commenting you spelled Dopey wrong.

:laughing:

I definitely can't swing Chicago 2018 (marathons are not in my future. at least not in my 2018 future.). But Hershey... that actually would fit really well with WDW half 2019 training.

chicago cult....ummm...I mean race-friend to our dismeet @Anisum

You guys: :grouphug:

Me: :cheer2:

Re: Hersheys. I don't know if I'm able to swing Chicago in 2018 BUT I sure as heck could run the Hershey races.

I definitely can't swing Chicago 2018 (marathons are not in my future. at least not in my 2018 future.). But Hershey... that actually would fit really well with WDW half 2019 training.
OOOOH!!!! :yay:

Hershey does a 10k in April and a half marathon in October (and can do the half as a relay with someone else). I don't think you get park tickets included with the 10k registration, but the medal and shirt with the 10k are also nice!

Here are last year's medals from the 10k and half...sorry for the links...I'm horrible at trying to attach images on the Dis. Didn't look at this year's, since we didn't run them, but they are usually awesome!! The 2015 half was a Hershey kiss! Love that medal too, though I feel like I didn't totally earn it, since we did it as a relay.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d2/10/52/d21052ce7eb47c7c40975738c5266028.jpg
http://content.presspage.com/uploads/1795/1920_13715317-148257068942453-673490717-n.jpg?10000

Annnnndd....back to Chicago talk... :D

A) I agree with your husband on the raisins. I would have been terribly let down. But B) Uhhh, Hershey isn't that far away from here. While I typically race for pizza, I could be convinced to race with a fellow raisin-hater, a fellow DIS'er, and the promise of chocolate both along the course and in home-made cookies at the end... Just sayin'.
It may take some convincing to get DH to run a Hershey race again, but if I promise him there will be NO RAISINS, and if he knows a fellow raisin-hater will be there, I think he'll totally be in...
We can also go get good pizza afterward, but we'd have to travel about 30 minutes away for that. I'm originally from Jersey, so I'm picky re: pizza (also re: bagels).

OOOOH!!!! :yay:

Hershey does a 10k in April and a half marathon in October (and can do the half as a relay with someone else). I don't think you get park tickets included with the 10k registration, but the medal and shirt with the 10k are also nice!

Here are last year's medals from the 10k and half...sorry for the links...I'm horrible at trying to attach images on the Dis. Didn't look at this year's, since we didn't run them, but they are usually awesome!! The 2015 half was a Hershey kiss! Love that medal too, though I feel like I didn't totally earn it, since we did it as a relay.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d2/10/52/d21052ce7eb47c7c40975738c5266028.jpg
http://content.presspage.com/uploads/1795/1920_13715317-148257068942453-673490717-n.jpg?10000

Annnnndd....back to Chicago talk... :D

I think an October trip and the Chicago marathon in the same month may be too much for me next year. So I may have to put the hershey half on a 2019 bucket list. But I am super intrigued by it!

Edited to mention that I LOVE THE CHOCOLATE MEDALS

It may take some convincing to get DH to run a Hershey race again, but if I promise him there will be NO RAISINS, and if he knows a fellow raisin-hater will be there, I think he'll totally be in...
We can also go get good pizza afterward, but we'd have to travel about 30 minutes away for that. I'm originally from Jersey, so I'm picky re: pizza (also re: bagels).

Raisins in cookies are an unholy union and should be abolished. It's like a cruel trick, where one expects the soothing and sweet taste of chocolate only to be surprised by the tart, gumminess of raisins.

This is Poetry! If you had read this at a poetry slam reading I would have snapped for you.

Poetry reading snaps...I don't know how you come up with these things , but I love it. :rotfl2:

(Also, I understand if no one wants to be my friend anymore, but I like oatmeal raisin cookies. NOT as much as choc chip, but nevertheless, I like them. Shame. Shame. Shame.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter