Royal Caribbean calls its collection of new health protocols, "The Royal Promise"

You can but you have to quarantine for 14 days when you come back.

(I’m not gonna spoil 2 extra weeks of vacation when I could simply be patient for a few more months.)

Plus, our government don’t recommend it at all.

View attachment 533709

Source: Canada.ca

I was merely clarifying. Not encouraging. I work in travel and wouldn’t be going anywhere while there is an advisory. Wasting two weeks to sit at home after a trip is not how I would use my vacation time!

Not sure if previously posted, but here is MSC COVID cruising quick info >>>

and from a passenger's experience >>>

p.s. -- we have a MSC Seaside YC out of PC in March and even with MASK MANDATES IN PLACE, we will cruise!

Hey thanks for posting this.
I just finished watching the MSC Grandiosa video you linked to and... WOW.
I was salivating (insert Homer Simpson's 'mmmmh donuts' GIF) seeing so few people.

My guess was 50% but DD said 25%.. which is... just my Dream.
Seeing the semi-empty halls, bar, pools, restaurants etc made my heart melt..my eyes lit up, I was in heaven for a few minutes.

So, I was wondering, does anyone know what % capacity they sailed at?

I would love to get two weeks off to get a vacation to recover from my vacation. If I couldn't afford to take two weeks off unpaid I wouldn't be going on a vacation in the first place.

I would love to get two weeks off to get a vacation to recover from my vacation. If I couldn't afford to take two weeks off unpaid I wouldn't be going on a vacation in the first place.
I've already taken two weeks unpaid twice this year. Unfortunately it was the periods in between when I lost my job(s) and when EI/CERB kicked in.

For some it's not a matter of an extra two weeks off 'unpaid' but a matter of being fired from your job because you left the country when there is a travel advisory issued by the government and you went knowing you'd have to quarantine.

I would take this information with a grain of salt. It is not on the American page for RCCL, it’s on the Singapore page. When you ask to be moved to the American page the rules disappear. Additionally there is nothing that says you have to wear it while on the pool deck. I am a travel agent and nothing like this has been sent to us in advance for education like it normally is before it reaches the public.

It's not always a matter of affording it. "I can afford it" doesn't make something practical or prudent. You're turning a one or two week vacation into a three or four week vacation. Not a lot of jobs will allow that, unpaid or not. Even if they did, why choose to throw away two weeks pay that could be used towards another vacation (or anything else)? It's essentially taking twice as long to pay twice as much for a cruise. That's not a no brainer unless you're rich in both time and money to the point it doesn't matter. I'd wager the majority of people on this forum are not in that position.

It's not always a matter of affording it. "I can afford it" doesn't make something practical or prudent. You're turning a one or two week vacation into a three or four week vacation. Not a lot of jobs will allow that, unpaid or not. Even if they did, why choose to throw away two weeks pay that could be used towards another vacation (or anything else)? It's essentially taking twice as long to pay twice as much for a cruise. That's not a no brainer unless you're rich in both time and money to the point it doesn't matter. I'd wager the majority of people on this forum are not in that position.
I guess it depends on how bad you want a vacation. I’d probably be desperate enough to do it.

I can "afford" it... (I have enough vacations available).

But who wants to waste two weeks of their vacations in quarantine? :crazy2: (You cannot get out of the house at all. Hello, cabin fever!)

I can "afford" it... (I have enough vacations available).

But who wants to waste two weeks of their vacations in quarantine? :crazy2: (You cannot get out of the house at all. Hello, cabin fever!)
In a normal year I’d say no one would want to waste 2 weeks of vacation, but with travel being so limited I’d be happy to get one trip in even if it meant blowing all my vacation time.

I guess it depends on how bad you want a vacation. I’d probably be desperate enough to do it.

Individual circumstances vary. My husband and I have been working from home since March. Our kids are in school, but could easily switch to virtual for a week or two if necessary. The only reason we must leave is for groceries, and we could plan ahead to avoid that. We live in a rural area on 2 acres, so we can get outside even under quarantine.

Even so, the two week quarantine is a real drag, and many people aren't as lucky as we are. I completely understand why most people either wouldn't be able to travel internationally or wouldn't want to bother under the circumstances.

We're considering travelling in March. I'm hopeful that by then some rational thought and improvements in testing will mean the quarantine rules will be relaxed a bit. Actually there was a big step in that direction announced today. We'll see how that goes.

But to get (somewhat) back to the original topic of the thread, if we do go anywhere in March, it won't be to a place where masks are required while outside and distanced, cruise ship or otherwise. If that means nowhere at all, then we'll stay home. Nice to see that the cruise lines are trying to get underway, but cruising under those constraints would not be our idea of a fun vacation.

In a normal year I’d say no one would want to waste 2 weeks of vacation, but with travel being so limited I’d be happy to get one trip in even if it meant blowing all my vacation time.

I just did a week-end getaway in my hometown last week-end. Not a cruise but it was amazing and felt like a vacation. I recommend.

@mab2012 That link you just posted gives me hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter