Royal Caribbean first time

Phudso

Earning My Ears
We are trying to decide if my husband and I should try Royal Caribbean we have always went on DCL. I have been looking at Oct 2021 on Allure of the Seas. Please help me decide what type of room (we always had balcony before) & should we do unlimited dining? If so what is the cost for a 7 day cruise. We won’t do the beverage package as neither of us drink a lot of soda mostly tea and water. Also in the main dining room

Specialty dining is strictly personal preference but if you are expecting Palo or Remy level cuisine, you will be disappointed. Cost will be in the planner.
the MDR, however, I thought was much better than Disney’s. Buffets are comparable.

unlimited dining only includes lunch on sea days, and no breakfasts.

for the cost of a Disney Balcony you could probably swing a Grand Suite, which comes with better dining options on Allure with a private dining room and Lounge.

VBC - Value Based Cruising and not loyalty to cruise line has become our Modus Operandi. SEA Class cruising on RCInternational instead of Concierge on DCL gives some nice perks and moving up to SKY is much better. Lately we have done MSC Yacht Club that's similar to RCInternational's STAR Class for less $$$$ and even less than DCL's Concierge.

Last edited:
I second what was said before it is a personal choice. We have been on 3 cruises with RCL (Radiance, Majesty, and Allure) and for us there is no need to spend extra money for the food we are happy with the places that are included such as the Windjammer buffet for breakfasts and lunch on sea days and the MDR for dinners. Maybe once a cruise have done Johnny Rockets for lunch if the ship had it. We stayed in a regular room with a balcony no suite and was great. You will really like the Allure it is our favorite ship so far. We were supposed to be on another cruise this summer on Explorer but was cancelled and selected a different one on Vision for next summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!