Royal Caribbean questions

lovin'fl

DIS Veteran
Soon going on three night cruise on Majesty OTS. Been on Disney and Carnival. Think the menus are Pomodoro, Saffron and Pimiento...no? Anything you can tell me about Royal's signature menu items? The things that are popular? Desserts...anything like Carnival's warm chocolate melting cake? We have 6pm dining. How is that? We have been doing my time dining on Carnival.

Also, the DH wants to watch college football on Saturday. Where on the ship can he? And we are in Nassau until midnight that day so does anyone know a bar there where he can watch football?

What's the cancel policy? We are about 31 days out? I think we'd lose 50%. Is it just gone or held in Royal credit to use on another cruise?

Following...

(I wish I could help... but I am just getting started planning my first RCCL cruise as well!)

Wow. Looks a bit intimidating!
Yeah. I looked it over a few times until I figured it out. One menu per day and one menu is two pages...so start with first menu and that and next page is one menu. Each daily menu is titled....on side you see Mojo, Saffron, Pimiento, Pomodoro...etc. The cruise we hooked is 3 nights on Majesty OTS. I did a search to find that our three menus are Saffron, Pomodoro and Pimiento. One is a formal night...maybe Saffron???? And that is night two. We have 6pm seating. Read that they have a 'your time' dining option but I was not offered that when I booked. I just booked and the cruise is Sept 1 so maybe they were already maxed with the your time.

Read we can carry on two bottles of wine per cabin...doing that for sure.

Our stop in Nassau we want to book some sail and snorkle excursion. Haven't booked that yet.

Think we're driving down...9 hours but we want to have our car and get there on our schedule. Going to suck driving all that way though.

Yeah. I looked it over a few times until I figured it out. One menu per day and one menu is two pages...so start with first menu and that and next page is one menu. Each daily menu is titled....on side you see Mojo, Saffron, Pimiento, Pomodoro...etc. The cruise we hooked is 3 nights on Majesty OTS. I did a search to find that our three menus are Saffron, Pomodoro and Pimiento. One is a formal night...maybe Saffron???? And that is night two. We have 6pm seating. Read that they have a 'your time' dining option but I was not offered that when I booked. I just booked and the cruise is Sept 1 so maybe they were already maxed with the your time.

Read we can carry on two bottles of wine per cabin...doing that for sure.

Our stop in Nassau we want to book some sail and snorkle excursion. Haven't booked that yet.

Think we're driving down...9 hours but we want to have our car and get there on our schedule. Going to suck driving all that way though.

I think I get it now. Thank you.

I'm currently planning a 5 nights on the Anthem... I'm still trying to understand how RCCL works. LOL

I think I get it now. Thank you.

I'm currently planning a 5 nights on the Anthem... I'm still trying to understand how RCCL works. LOL
Would love to go on Anthem or Oasis or Allure. They have a lot of specialty restaurants as well as just the MDR. Happy planning. If you come across any tidbits let me know. I have posted on three forums and nobody is responding. We can just figure it out on the cruise.

Soon going on three night cruise on Majesty OTS. Been on Disney and Carnival. Think the menus are Pomodoro, Saffron and Pimiento...no? Anything you can tell me about Royal's signature menu items? The things that are popular? Desserts...anything like Carnival's warm chocolate melting cake? We have 6pm dining. How is that? We have been doing my time dining on Carnival.

Also, the DH wants to watch college football on Saturday. Where on the ship can he? And we are in Nassau until midnight that day so does anyone know a bar there where he can watch football?

What's the cancel policy? We are about 31 days out? I think we'd lose 50%. Is it just gone or held in Royal credit to use on another cruise?

We always use the MDR and love it. I can't say if they have a food stand out because I like everything. Don't be afraid to ask what would be recommended each night. The staff hears praises and complaints week after week. Sometimes the staff will overhear you talking and go the extra mile. The night before July 4th, I mentioned to others at the table how great it would be to have hot apple pie and ice cream. The waiter made it happen and it was in addition to our regular dessert selection. It was a great surprise. As far as football, I have found one or more of the lounges will have some sort of sporting event on. Just ask and I bet someone will find some football. However, the game may be only what the satellite can pick up, so choice of games may be limited.

We always use the MDR and love it. I can't say if they have a food stand out because I like everything. Don't be afraid to ask what would be recommended each night. The staff hears praises and complaints week after week. Sometimes the staff will overhear you talking and go the extra mile. The night before July 4th, I mentioned to others at the table how great it would be to have hot apple pie and ice cream. The waiter made it happen and it was in addition to our regular dessert selection. It was a great surprise. As far as football, I have found one or more of the lounges will have some sort of sporting event on. Just ask and I bet someone will find some football. However, the game may be only what the satellite can pick up, so choice of games may be limited.
Thanks! Getting excited...just 4 weeks from today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!