Royal Pacific Cons

Jon360

Mouseketeer
Why I am staying away until hearing reports from those who have stayed there:

-Rooms are Smaller than HRH
-No CD Players
-It's a new Loews Hotel (we all know how smoothly the openings of Portofino and Hard Rock went).

-Jon

I do remember the openings of the other two hotels and I hope they've learned their lessons from the previous mistakes....

The fact that the rooms are smaller makes sense since it is a "value" resort compared to the HRH. The rates are lower hence the amenities cannot match completely, and I don't expect them to.

The CD players fit in with the Hard Rock theme. I don't expect them in most hotel rooms so the fact that they WERE in the Hard Rock made it unique.

I do intend to hold off until they get over the opening night jitters, mostly because they're opening in the summer and I don't particularly care for Orlando in the heat of the summer, so the bugs should be worked out until I venture down in September.

We'll just have to see, won't we?

How big are the rooms at HRH? I was told the rooms at RPR will be 355 sq. ft, IMHO is not that small. If you compare this to most WDW rooms, it's not bad for the price at US/IOA.

Wilderness Lodge - 350 sq. ft
All Star's - 260 sq. ft.
Coronado Springs, River Side - 314 sq. ft.
Polynesian - 409 Sq. ft.
Grand Floridian - 400 sq. ft.
Caribbean Beach - 340 sq. ft.
Yacht Club - 380 sq. ft.

RobinLyn:)

Geesh, RP is considered a value resort?? When I booked for December, I was told that it is on the same level as HRH by the perosn who made the reservations for me. 4 star etc.

So, a value does not thrill me (too many bad memories of All Star:( ). I know that the ratings for the hotel is not given until completion, but is is truely a "value" resort??

Well, DS(13) and I are up for the challenge, we love a new experience! - wish us luck, we'll report back! We'll be spending time eating at the HRC and hanging out at HRH pool so he can soak up the atmosphere (he is a guitar player and classic rock band lover!) - we don't take up too much room and will spend most of our two days in the parks and by the pools. Hoping that whatever kinks are in the system will be worked out by end of Aug - everyone going end of June or July remember that we'll be waiting for your reviews and pictures!:smooth:

Originally posted by Muushka
Geesh, RP is considered a value resort?? When I booked for December, I was told that it is on the same level as HRH by the perosn who made the reservations for me. 4 star etc.

So, a value does not thrill me (too many bad memories of All Star:( ). I know that the ratings for the hotel is not given until completion, but is is truely a "value" resort??

Yikes, Muushka!! I have to change that word!

Of the three, the RP is considered the "least expensive" of the USF trio but hardly on the level of the All Stars! I am so sorry, my experience there was not one I'd like to remember either!

By far the RP should be considered a moderate on Disney levels, hopefully it will be on the par of a Polynesian.... again, we will see!

Thanks Robin, I feel a little better. Don't mean to be paranoid about hotels, but I booked for my sister (who stayed at HRH with me last Jan. and loved it as much as I) and another friend and my room, so I am hoping it will be a nice resort.

We got the club level for $139.00, so I really should not complain.

We will be going to PB after our DVC vacation at OKW in a month, but to be honest, I wish the whole trip were at PB!

I miss HULK! Love that AP!!:D :D :D

Originally posted by Muushka

In the AAA Tour Book, both the HR and PBH are rated as four-diamond hotels so I would be assuming that the RP would be in the same league.:) ...
http://www.universalstudiosvacations.com/cgi-bin/hotelControl/IUNHotel.asp?code=MCOURPR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter