ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

I'm curious about the rick shaws you mentioned, are they the bicycle kind and also how close to the actual park entrance are they allowed to go? Thanks
We used the Rickshaws one or two mornings if we just missed the boat at Portofino. There weren’t a lot waiting around, near boat dock. But it was a fun trip. They work for tips.

How did you like tower 3? I have that as my request. It was either 1 or 3! Hard choice.

Hello!

Tower 3 is an awesome location, a couple of our first stays years ago we were put in 1, also a great place, we had views overlooking the waterway and theme park and pool view!!! Very awesome! However we mostly stay CL now and typically stay on the 7th or 6th floor of 3, IMO we would favor 3 because our favorite rooms have outstanding views, gotta love that!!!!!

How did you like tower 3? I have that as my request. It was either 1 or 3! Hard choice.

We were on second floor, so it was actually odd to have to go "up" one floor to the lobby area.

As rooms go, we were in a basic room. Being on floor 2, not much of a view. From just a room standpoint, nothing memorable at all. But as they say in real estate "location, location, location". The tower's elevator is just off the main lobby so that is convenient if you need to go to concierge or check in at the front desk. When you go out on floor 1, you are right at the pool area, so again very convenient and then just down the path from the pool is the dock for the boats to Citi Walk. First floor bar and restaurants too are right there as you walk out. So from a standpoint of outside amenities, pretty hard to beat tower 3 I'd think.

We were on second floor, so it was actually odd to have to go "up" one floor to the lobby area.

As rooms go, we were in a basic room. Being on floor 2, not much of a view. From just a room standpoint, nothing memorable at all. But as they say in real estate "location, location, location". The tower's elevator is just off the main lobby so that is convenient if you need to go to concierge or check in at the front desk. When you go out on floor 1, you are right at the pool area, so again very convenient and then just down the path from the pool is the dock for the boats to Citi Walk. First floor bar and restaurants too are right there as you walk out. So from a standpoint of outside amenities, pretty hard to beat tower 3 I'd think.
Thanks! I also have a request for upper floor. Our first time at RPH. From the photos the rooms look pretty.

Just from my liking, the hotel has more "curb appeal" than room appeal. Again, we were just in a basic two queen bed room. I'm not recalling any special theming, hallways were a bit long and bland. It was a comfortable room, had the typical mini fridge, wall safe, closet and dresser that tv was on. Nothing much different than a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn. We were able to get a rollaway bed in our room, so that was very accommodating. Not to start a comparison war, but when we've stayed at Disney its been moderate level, at Port Orleans Riverside. I would take that hotel hands down. Again, basic room only, so for us the real value of RPH was its location, outside amenities (pool, bar, restaurant etc) and the express pass. Since we weren't in the hotel until usually 9:00pm, it worked out well.

Just from my liking, the hotel has more "curb appeal" than room appeal. Again, we were just in a basic two queen bed room. I'm not recalling any special theming, hallways were a bit long and bland. It was a comfortable room, had the typical mini fridge, wall safe, closet and dresser that tv was on. Nothing much different than a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn. We were able to get a rollaway bed in our room, so that was very accommodating. Not to start a comparison war, but when we've stayed at Disney its been moderate level, at Port Orleans Riverside. I would take that hotel hands down. Again, basic room only, so for us the real value of RPH was its location, outside amenities (pool, bar, restaurant etc) and the express pass. Since we weren't in the hotel until usually 9:00pm, it worked out well.
Totally agree! The rooms are inferior than a typical deluxe Disney room.
With that said, I am still looking to book a room there for this July. I'm curious to know about the extensive of the lobby renovation before making the reservation. Anyone who is there right now please give an update. Thanks.

Last edited:
While I love POR, I prefer rooms that don’t have exterior doors where everyone passing by can look in, and have closets rather than a rack in the sink area.

While I love POR, I prefer rooms that don’t have exterior doors where everyone passing by can look in, and have closets rather than a rack in the sink area.

I guess I don't see much difference between someone walking outside or walking down a hallway, either way they can look in if they choose. What I like about the outside door, is that you open your door and you get the immediate theming of the grounds, the morning air, sunshine, etc vs opening your door and stepping into a bland hallway. I guess either way, not something I've given much thought to, but definitely prefer the outside rooms.

We stayed in the Alligator Bayou section, the only thing (beside overall better interior theming) that I thought was an improvement over RPH was that POR had two side by side sinks just outside of the shower bathroom area. I would describe our room at RPH as "moderate level". We had 5 in the room, and a second sink would have definitely made life easier.

I did a package deal, with park tix and the resort, so I never really broke down the cost of what I paid for. Obviously the EP was a big component of the cost, but I've been meaning to go back and see what the rack rate was on our room. Location is definitely a factor in pricing, the resort location was incredible, definitely "deluxe level". Resort amenities (pool - which surprised me that it had no deep end) and bar and restaurants are pretty close to "deluxe" level, maybe not quite there. The room itself, felt value to moderate at best.

I guess I don't see much difference between someone walking outside or walking down a hallway, either way they can look in if they choose. What I like about the outside door, is that you open your door and you get the immediate theming of the grounds, the morning air, sunshine, etc vs opening your door and stepping into a bland hallway. I guess either way, not something I've given much thought to, but definitely prefer the outside rooms.

We stayed in the Alligator Bayou section, the only thing (beside overall better interior theming) that I thought was an improvement over RPH was that POR had two side by side sinks just outside of the shower bathroom area. I would describe our room at RPH as "moderate level". We had 5 in the room, and a second sink would have definitely made life easier.

I did a package deal, with park tix and the resort, so I never really broke down the cost of what I paid for. Obviously the EP was a big component of the cost, but I've been meaning to go back and see what the rack rate was on our room. Location is definitely a factor in pricing, the resort location was incredible, definitely "deluxe level". Resort amenities (pool - which surprised me that it had no deep end) and bar and restaurants are pretty close to "deluxe" level, maybe not quite there. The room itself, felt value to moderate at best.
Yes, I like 2 sinks too! But there’s just 2 of us, so we’ll have plenty of room. What I mean is with interior door no body is walking past your windows looking in like they do on exterior walkways. With interior doors the only way people can look into your room is if you have the door open or are on ground floor.
We got a pretty good price for RPH, $210/night. For April/May. RPH is the last Universal deluxe resort for me to try. Looking forward to it. Love the tropical Polynesian theme. And short walk to the park.
Seems like many hotel pools are doing away with deep areas, at Disney too.

I don’t believe RPR is classified as a “Deluxe” I think it’s called a “Preferred”, however IMO it is easy to see why it’s considered a “Deluxe” because it is a wonderful place, the value is unbeatable also, some times of the year you can get discounts on standards for as little as $170ish per night!!!

Hello,

We want to book RPR, HR or Port for a July trip. I have read some talk of renovations at RPR, can someone elaborate for me?

thanks

Yes, I like 2 sinks too! But there’s just 2 of us, so we’ll have plenty of room. What I mean is with interior door no body is walking past your windows looking in like they do on exterior walkways. With interior doors the only way people can look into your room is if you have the door open or are on ground floor.
We got a pretty good price for RPH, $210/night. For April/May. RPH is the last Universal deluxe resort for me to try. Looking forward to it. Love the tropical Polynesian theme. And short walk to the park.
Seems like many hotel pools are doing away with deep areas, at Disney too.

As a family of 5, not on a deluxe budget, our choices for Disney are a bit limited, as we prefer to stay on site. Last visit was 2015, so we only go once every 3 or 4 years at best. POR was at the time the only moderate that could handle 5 and their pool is one of the best on property, especially at the moderate level. That's why I was surprised when I went into the pool at RPH and I'm like, ok, what am I missing, where is the deep end? Our two youngest did enjoy Wednesday night movie night by the pool (Kong), like being in their living room, but wet instead. I would have liked to have taken more time to explore the grounds, just to get a better feel for the resort. Although, it appeared that most of what there was to see was on ground level by or around the pool, so I probably experienced most of it. Because its the one description I know best, I tend to think of resorts in the value-moderate-deluxe category. I think the resort definitely earns a deluxe review for its outside appearance its location and convenience and for on property food experiences (although would have preferred something more kid friendly, but I suppose a food court would have been out of place in that resort). For actual accomodations, since it was fairly roomy (we did squeeze in a roll away) I'd give it a moderate rating at most, but it loses points for only one sink.

When we do Disney we usually just do Disney and its 7-9 days, so plenty of time to explore the resorts and grounds and everything in between. This trip, we were sandwhiching Universal in between other destinations, had never done it before as a family, so decided to do it right and stay at RHP and get the EPs. But most of our time was spent at the parks, other than an hour or so each night at the pool, until the last night when dad finally got everyone into bed and then scurried back to Margaritaville for some wind down time.

With that said, I am still looking to book a room there for this July. I'm curious to know about the extensive of the lobby renovation before making the reservation. Anyone who is there right now please give an update. Thanks.

We were just there a couple weeks ago, I didn't see any lobby renovation going on. Honestly though, I don't think a lobby renovation, even a major one, would impact my stay much, if at all. Most of what we used was ground level. Only time we basically were in the lobby was on check in and check out. There is the one bar on lobby level (Orchids?) which we didn't make use of, other than that, just front desk, concierge, a small store and the sushi bar. I may be missing something, but I don't think a reno would have much impact on a vacation if all they are doing is the lobby (maybe slow down check ins).

We much prefer T3.......for us it’s always been our favourite.......

Hello!

Tower 3 is an awesome location, a couple of our first stays years ago we were put in 1, also a great place, we had views overlooking the waterway and theme park and pool view!!! Very awesome! However we mostly stay CL now and typically stay on the 7th or 6th floor of 3, IMO we would favor 3 because our favorite rooms have outstanding views, gotta love that!!!!!

Yep.....totally agree.........T3 and the 6th floor for us too!!

Thanks! I also have a request for upper floor. Our first time at RPH. From the photos the rooms look pretty.

Upper floor will usually give you a much better view.......would never want a lower floor.

Yes, it was one of the things we didn’t like all those years ago at POFQ.....outside exterior doors......not for us thank you, reminds me of a cheap motel on I Drive......wouldn’t stay there again. Much prefer the standard and quality of RPR.

Hello,

We want to book RPR, HR or Port for a July trip. I have read some talk of renovations at RPR, can someone elaborate for me?

thanks

The lobby refurb hasn’t started yet.

They have started doing a few things behind the scenes. But nothing will be started this week.......

RPR is a beautiful resort.......the refurb however is a major one and involves the grab and go moving from where it is to where concierge is now. Orchids sushi lounge is getting a major revamp......it’ll be beautiful when it’s done.....

Refurb hasn’t started yet.

It will be a huge renovation, but shouldn’t impact guests.......you can avoid the lobby area easily except when you check in.

We much prefer T3.......for us it’s always been our favourite.......

Yep.....totally agree.........T3 and the 6th floor for us too!!

Upper floor will usually give you a much better view.......would never want a lower floor.

Yes, it was one of the things we didn’t like all those years ago at POFQ.....outside exterior doors......not for us thank you, reminds me of a cheap motel on I Drive......wouldn’t stay there again. Much prefer the standard and quality of RPR.

The lobby refurb hasn’t started yet.

They have started doing a few things behind the scenes. But nothing will be started this week.......

RPR is a beautiful resort.......the refurb however is a major one and involves the grab and go moving from where it is to where concierge is now. Orchids sushi lounge is getting a major revamp......it’ll be beautiful when it’s done.....
They’ll still have a concierge desk though right? So sad our first experience will be during renovations but not a deal breaker.

They’ll still have a concierge desk though right? So sad our first experience will be during renovations but not a deal breaker.

Of course they will.........

You’ll see them when you enter the lobby area near the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter