ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Oh nice! Thank you so much!
I wonder if they’ll fill them at the pool bar...

This past October we stayed at CB, and purchased their cup. At CB the pool bar area had the drink fountain machine you use to refill the cup. The bartenders did not refill this cup, they directed you to the fountain machines. Sorry I can't speak specifically about RPR, but I would guess yes, so long as they have the fountain machines in the pool bar area.

This past October we stayed at CB, and purchased their cup. At CB the pool bar area had the drink fountain machine you use to refill the cup. The bartenders did not refill this cup, they directed you to the fountain machines. Sorry I can't speak specifically about RPR, but I would guess yes, so long as they have the fountain machines in the pool bar area.
Last I knew they didn’t have a self-serve fountain at RPR... Only the pool bar.

Have it put on your reservation you need a rollaway.

It stands on it`s end and there is room by the door to store it there during the day.

Or bring the air mattress, as mac says, housekeeping will bring you bedding for it.

Never heard of anyone doing the swap thing at these hotels.

So they will for sure allow us to get the room for 5 and not pay for a rollaway (if we bring or buy an airbed in FL)? So we'd still get 5 keys/express passes without a problem?

And I read that you can pool-hop. Is that correct? You can go to the other Universal resorts and try their pools (and restaurants, etc.)? Do you have to show your room key or anything?

So they will for sure allow us to get the room for 5 and not pay for a rollaway (if we bring or buy an airbed in FL)? So we'd still get 5 keys/express passes without a problem?

Yes, absolutely correct.

The five people registered in the room will receive a room key which is your EP.

And many people use the air beds to save paying for a rollaway.

Yes you can pool hop. Some people have been asked for room keys to show you are Loews guests.

Yes, absolutely correct.

The five people registered in the room will receive a room key which is your EP.

And many people use the air beds to save paying for a rollaway.

Yes you can pool hop. Some people have been asked for room keys to show you are Loews guests.
Thank you so much!

Thank you. Looks like it will fit milk,cream cheese,coffee flavoring, and bagels and water. Look just a smidge smaller than what's in a Disney studio.

Anyone have any luck with Amazon prime now deliveries to the resort?

we did it last year and had a lot of trouble with the delivery person, he kept marking our order as undeliverable and then disappearing. It was annoying but we ended up getting our order for free since they messed it up. We arrive at RPR next week and I plan on having some groceries delivered again through prime. Will just have them deliver it straight to concierge and pick it up when we are available.

we did it last year and had a lot of trouble with the delivery person, he kept marking our order as undeliverable and then disappearing. It was annoying but we ended up getting our order for free since they messed it up. We arrive at RPR next week and I plan on having some groceries delivered again through prime. Will just have them deliver it straight to concierge and pick it up when we are available.

Scoobie doobie doo!!!!!!!

Well we did it! We booked a Dbl Queen Club Level room (7 nts SMSM) , plus our air for late June!! I'll keep an eye out for possible AP rates (for Club level at RPR, HRH, and PBR). It's pricey, and will be a little cramped for the 5 of us, but we're going to use an air mattress, and I think we're really going to enjoy the Club level lounge room. We had a Family Harbor room on the Carnival Vista cruise ship and we really enjoyed the Family Harbor lounge - similar idea to the Club level room (though the Family Harbor lounge also had ice cream!)

Still have a number of questions though ... :confused3

Are Dbl Queen Club level rooms as likely as any other types to have AP rates come out?

I haven't seen anywhere to get APs except through Universal (non-FL resident). We'll want the Seasonal Passes since the blackout dates for the 2 park ones won't affect us, but we might have one person get a higher level pass for the food/merchandise discounts. Is it best to just buy them when we get down there (where? at the hotel or the park?), or to order them in advance, or to order tickets and then upgrade them when we get down there? (And is the upgrade cost simply the difference between the cost of the ticket we bought and the AP cost?)

Is the Luau only on Saturday nights? How far in advance can and should we book tickets for that? And where would we go to book those?

What nights are the WOK Experience dinners? How much are they? Or does the cost depend on what you put into yours? Do you need reservations, or just come

What nights do they do the torch lighting ceremony? Is it right at dusk?

Thanks so much for all the info! It's been so helpful to read everyone's experiences and advice!

Well we did it! We booked a Dbl Queen Club Level room (7 nts SMSM) , plus our air for late June!! I'll keep an eye out for possible AP rates (for Club level at RPR, HRH, and PBR). It's pricey, and will be a little cramped for the 5 of us, but we're going to use an air mattress, and I think we're really going to enjoy the Club level lounge room. We had a Family Harbor room on the Carnival Vista cruise ship and we really enjoyed the Family Harbor lounge - similar idea to the Club level room (though the Family Harbor lounge also had ice cream!)

Still have a number of questions though ... :confused3

Are Dbl Queen Club level rooms as likely as any other types to have AP rates come out?

I haven't seen anywhere to get APs except through Universal (non-FL resident). We'll want the Seasonal Passes since the blackout dates for the 2 park ones won't affect us, but we might have one person get a higher level pass for the food/merchandise discounts. Is it best to just buy them when we get down there (where? at the hotel or the park?), or to order them in advance, or to order tickets and then upgrade them when we get down there? (And is the upgrade cost simply the difference between the cost of the ticket we bought and the AP cost?)

Is the Luau only on Saturday nights? How far in advance can and should we book tickets for that? And where would we go to book those?

What nights are the WOK Experience dinners? How much are they? Or does the cost depend on what you put into yours? Do you need reservations, or just come

What nights do they do the torch lighting ceremony? Is it right at dusk?

Thanks so much for all the info! It's been so helpful to read everyone's experiences and advice!

Congratulations on booking!!

The torch lighting ceremony is a Saturday night, and yes, it’s at dusk.

Luau is also on Saturday‘s too. No need to book far in advance. You can book online or concierge can do it for you when you get there.

The Wok experience varies as to nights. Holidays it’s on every night. All other times it’s on weekends only. I‘m not sure about June but for example last July it was on every night and the same when we were there this past December. But September it was only Friday and Saturday.

Either way would work, purchasing tickets then upgrading or just purchasing an AP.

Please keep us posted. Have a great trip!!!

We have booked a quick trip down over Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend since the kids are out of school that Thursday, Friday and Monday. This will be our first time to Universal since the 90's and I normally would have planned and adjusted as needed, but we have another family coming down with us and they are looking to me for all the planning. We go to Disney every year so apparently that translates to being an expert at all Theme Parks! :) So of course I turned to the trusty forums to pick a resort and gather some tips and you guys have not let me down! I really appreciate everyone's knowledge and it has really helped with my planning, but I have a few questions.
Has anyone gone down over the President's Day weekend? The crowd calendars show this time as very busy (which I expected), but wasn't sure if others had been at this time and feel that touring the parks with the Express Passes are doable within this short trip.
I know Florida's weather can be unpredictable, but what is the weather normally like in February? We've only been to FL during the months of May, September and December.
Any other tips to share to get the most out of our trip? It will be 4 adults, 2 young adults and 2 tweens.
TIA and so excited to get there!!

We have booked a quick trip down over Valentine's Day/President's Day weekend since the kids are out of school that Thursday, Friday and Monday. This will be our first time to Universal since the 90's and I normally would have planned and adjusted as needed, but we have another family coming down with us and they are looking to me for all the planning. We go to Disney every year so apparently that translates to being an expert at all Theme Parks! :) So of course I turned to the trusty forums to pick a resort and gather some tips and you guys have not let me down! I really appreciate everyone's knowledge and it has really helped with my planning, but I have a few questions.
Has anyone gone down over the President's Day weekend? The crowd calendars show this time as very busy (which I expected), but wasn't sure if others had been at this time and feel that touring the parks with the Express Passes are doable within this short trip.
I know Florida's weather can be unpredictable, but what is the weather normally like in February? We've only been to FL during the months of May, September and December.
Any other tips to share to get the most out of our trip? It will be 4 adults, 2 young adults and 2 tweens.
TIA and so excited to get there!!
If you have Express Passes, you will have almost no issues with the crowds and will be able to get everything done easily. Only issue is they don't work for Hagrid's. I'd check the Hagrid's thread closer to your trip to see what the deal is there. Since that weekend is generally busy, rope drop may be your best bet for Hagrid's. Otherwise, relax and enjoy!

If you have Express Passes, you will have almost no issues with the crowds and will be able to get everything done easily. Only issue is they don't work for Hagrid's. I'd check the Hagrid's thread closer to your trip to see what the deal is there. Since that weekend is generally busy, rope drop may be your best bet for Hagrid's. Otherwise, relax and enjoy!
Thank you so much. I am watching the Hadrid thread as well and plan on doing rope drop the first day to see if we can get on. I won't be too bummed if we don't get it this go round as I am sure we will be back!

We've been down twice during the same period you are going. As you said, weather can be unpredictable..

The first time we went down was when there was the big "polar vortex" freezing much of North America. And even then some days were still warm. We had a few days that trip that hit the mid 70s, but other days where the morning temps were in the mid 30s! (before it got up to low 50s for the afternoon).

Another trip we took at this time was 3 years ago and we lucked out with high 70s - low 80s the entire trip.

So yes, can be a very mixed bag.

As others have mentioned, the weather in Orlando can definitely be "variable". I do believe that historically, January tends to be the coldest month. We were there last week and had highs in the low to mid-80s and lows in the mid to upper-60s all week. It was warm enough to hit the IOA water rides and get soaked without getting too cold. But those at the parks this week are getting a completely different experience with lows in the 30s and highs only in the 50s or 60s.

For February, you will most likely have highs in the mid-70s and lows in the mid-50s, but it could be in the 80s and very warm or in the 50s and cold. I'd suggest looking at the weather predictions just before you leave and pack according to that (hoping they are fairly accurate.)

Thank you all so much for the input. We visited Disney in December a couple of years ago and Florida had a cold snap. I swear the 40 and 50 degrees temps in Florida are much colder than here in NC!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter