Royal Pacific v. Hard Rock - Help! I'm a UO newb

Lvsdisney

DIS Veteran
I am trying to plan a 10th birthday celebration for my DS and I would love any insight/opinions on hotel choices.

Pretty much I would like to stay at a hotel that includes the EP, but still not pay a fortune. I have landed on Royal Pacific or Hard Rock. Both appeal to me for various reasons, but I would love anyone who has been to both to chime in.

First, which one do you prefer and why?
Second, have you done club level at either - was it worth it?
Third, as a Disney lover am I going to be disappointed? - Okay that's not a a fair question... :rotfl2:

But seriously, any input would be appreciated. I am a total newbie when it comes to UO and I have no idea what's good and what isn't.

Thanks!!!

I have stayed at both and did club level at each

Good features for both hotels

HR is close to the studios
RP closer to IOA

Have to say, I’m no help for helping you make a decision for which hotel

I have been booking the hotel that has the better rate

Forgot one thing to mention to you op

Did you check out those two hotel stickies?
Pictures of the rooms, club, open hotel areas, etc might help you decide which one to book

Stayed at both many times. Only did Club Level at RPR. It was OK. Worth it is probably subjective, based on whether you'll drink, eat breakfast, etc.

RPR, to me, has more of a resort feel. HRH feels like a super cool, fun hotel. Both pools are very shallow. I prefer Hard Rock's for atmosphere and the slide. HRH rooms are a bit bigger. Food, I would give to Hard Rock as well. You can't go wrong with either, but I prefer Hard Rock. Just a great vibe there. Plus, RPR hosts a lot of conventions, and I don't want to be around that stuff. I go on vacation to get away from work.

We love HRH. It's a great hotel.

Love the location, being able to walk to US in about 3 min is such a huge plus!

We love the vibe, the cabanas and pool and the rooms(except for the bathrooms-they are small and weird layout).

I have not stayed at RPR before, but we stayed at PBH x1 and HRH many times. Every year we pick HRH as it's our go to resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!