Rum cake

Minnie368

DIS Veteran
Best port/place to try rum cake on Western Caribbean? Don’t want to go too far out of our way because we’re going to be busy doing things with the whole family.

I have never heard of this before. Are these packaged foods you can bring back to the states if you leave them sealed, or would you need to scarf them down before you got back on the ship?

I have never heard of this before. Are these packaged foods you can bring back to the states if you leave them sealed, or would you need to scarf them down before you got back on the ship?
They make great presents. They’re vacuum sealed and come in tins or gift boxes.

To view Tortuga rum cakes, just go to walmart.com or amazon.com and search for Tortuga rum cake.

The liquor/convenience store at the port in Grand Cayman gave out samples when we were there. It would be a super quick stop. It's inside the secure port area, to the right if you're facing the exit (back to the tenders).

Best port/place to try rum cake on Western Caribbean? Don’t want to go too far out of our way because we’re going to be busy doing things with the whole family.
The liquor/convenience store at the port in Grand Cayman gave out samples when we were there. It would be a super quick stop. It's inside the secure port area, to the right if you're facing the exit (back to the tenders).

The Duty Free store (same place I believe) is where we purchased ours last cruise, too. We got a variety pack with six different flavors. We still have a couple left, they keep well.

They also have a store in Falmouth, it is at the far end of the port stores, or the Duty Free shop in the middle of the port stores.

We got ours at a liquor store in Grand Cayman. They had all of them out for sampling outside the side door. Delicious!

I was interested on getting one until I saw you can order them on Amazon.

That's the trouble with souvenirs in general anymore -- it's so easy to get all kinds of things at home that it's hard to find anything that feels (to me, at least) worth hauling back in luggage. Suppose that does make it easier to resist buying too much stuff, though.

I'll probably buy a rum cake anyway if there are samples and I like them, though; consumables are always a hit when one returns from a trip.

But with amazon you cant get free samples :) . Nothing better then trying all the different kind while the wives shop. Some stores had just a few sample pieces but some had long rows of all the different kinds.

I was interested on getting one until I saw you can order them on Amazon.
You can get them in pretty much any airport as well (as well at Cost Plus Market!!), which I didn’t realize until I bought several in Grand Cayman.

You can get them in pretty much any airport as well (as well at Cost Plus Market!!), which I didn’t realize until I bought several in Grand Cayman.
I'll have to check our World Market since I have a coupon!

Personally, I would not want to sample anything that has been sitting out. I'm a germaphobe when it comes to things like that.

Sign up on the Tortuga website and they will send you lots of sales. For my birthday I wanted rum cake and I got two full size cakes and a six pack of minis for I think $34.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter