Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

ArielSRL

DIS Veteran
image.jpg
UPDATE 2/9/2017:
Rumors no more!! Finally, after 353 long days (and 774 pages), Rivers of Light packages are bookable!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light-dining-package/

Go get 'em!

Here is the link to the Disney page for the show (you will find showtimes here):
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light/

UPDATE 4/8/2016:
Original post 2/23/2016:
My friend, when perusing the Android app on her phone, and looking at Tusker House, was able to see offerings for a ROL dining package. She couldn't click on it and I couldn't get it to show up on the iphone app or the website, so I'm assuming it's some sort of glitch. But it is interesting and telling, in my opinion. There were options listed for a first show, a second show, and a third show....

Last edited:
My friend, when perusing the Android app on her phone, and looking at Tusker House, was able to see offerings for a ROL dining package. She couldn't click on it and I couldn't get it to show up on the iphone app or the website, so I'm assuming it's some sort of glitch. But it is interesting and telling, in my opinion. There were options listed for a first show, a second show, and a third show....

Just out of curiosity, what dates was she looking for?

She actually wasn't looking for a date. She pulled up the menus and it showed up as a choice under the menus section.

The word is 4/18 or 4/19 (based on CM blackout dates for AK) but I'm sure there will be soft openings before that...and hopefully an announcement coming soon!

Aw... and we'll be checking out on the 17th!

I really hope there are some soft openings.

The word is 4/18 or 4/19 (based on CM blackout dates for AK) but I'm sure there will be soft openings before that...and hopefully an announcement coming soon!

That's what I heard too, so I've tried to keep things fairly open in the evenings - but it would be nice to nail something down! We would try to get a dinner package, if possible.

Hope you get to see one of the soft openings, @Magpie

That's what I heard too, so I've tried to keep things fairly open in the evenings - but it would be nice to nail something down! We would try to get a dinner package, if possible.

Hope you get to see one of the soft openings, @Magpie

Thanks! Got my fingers crossed.

The hardest part is that we've had APs for the last several years, but we've decided to let it lapse this year. After this trip, it's going to be about 18 months before we get back to Disney - Christmas 2017. :( (On the plus side, though, there should be a ton of new things to see, by then!)

All three meals, that is a lot of people ... and it's been discussed it may be offered at the new restaurant and if there why not Yak & Yeti as well?

Given I'm not overly wowed by the amount of seating for this show .... if they add FP+ to all of this .... is the show going to end up shutting out standby?

My friend is working on this show. I just asked, and she said opening will still be "right before earth day, if everything comes together." She did say there would be previews, but I'm not sure who for. DH will get a preview I'm sure, but I doubt I'll be allowed to tag along, so I'm hoping for a dinner package.

All three meals, that is a lot of people ... and it's been discussed it may be offered at the new restaurant and if there why not Yak & Yeti as well?

Given I'm not overly wowed by the amount of seating for this show .... if they add FP+ to all of this .... is the show going to end up shutting out standby?
It could very well be at Yak&Yeti but that wasn't showing on the app. Again, I'm assuming this is a glitch and we aren't supposed to be seeing this yet since its not on the iphone app or the website.

It could very well be at Yak&Yeti but that wasn't showing on the app. Again, I'm assuming this is a glitch and we aren't supposed to be seeing this yet since its not on the iphone app or the website.

Am sure it is a glitch as far as it getting caught :) but they do have to test stuff so it could be a nod to what is coming.

Unless I missed it I don't think anyone talked about the package as being anywhere but the new Tiffins. This could be a game changer, and certainly if they use all restaurants and FP+ could greatly impact standby. And that wouldn't surprise me - another way to move crowds around parks (while spending money).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!