Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

LOUNGERS, need some uplifting music today. DS2 friend just texted him that he downloaded this "CD" and is blasting it at work ... and a bunch of old men are not even complaining. Been sitting here listening ............ where has this been?

Now if we can get Disney to change IASM music to this ... I can imagine all those dolls rocking out! and me not dreading the ride.

Got back from our Disney trip late Sunday night. I finally saw ROL. Visually stunning however, I could not enjoy the show because of the seating. The rows are super close together and they pack you in like sardines. I think I would have totally enjoyed it for what it was if it wasn't painful to sit there!

By the way, here was my outfit for the night:
IMG_6362.JPG
Sorry it is backwards but you get the point...lol.

LOUNGERS, need some uplifting music today. DS2 friend just texted him that he downloaded this "CD" and is blasting it at work ... and a bunch of old men are not even complaining. Been sitting here listening ............ where has this been?

Now if we can get Disney to change IASM music to this ... I can imagine all those dolls rocking out! and me not dreading the ride.

I've been listening to this for a few weeks now - "Go the Distance" was totally meant to be a rock ballad!!

Got back from our Disney trip late Sunday night. I finally saw ROL. Visually stunning however, I could not enjoy the show because of the seating. The rows are super close together and they pack you in like sardines. I think I would have totally enjoyed it for what it was if it wasn't painful to sit there!

By the way, here was my outfit for the night:
View attachment 244140
Sorry it is backwards but you get the point...lol.
Finally saw it as well. It was beautiful, but will not be on my "must do" list for next time. Tiffins, however, I will try to fit in on every trip from now on. Amazing!!!!

We went to the second showing of ROL and did not feel overly crowded. But we were also not sitting in the center section. Looked a bit tighter there.

Bumping this, because...in 19 more days I will finally get to see ROL. 3rd trip's a charm. Hopefully. :joker: I think I may be the last one to see it from this thread. I have to say, it feels pretty anticlimactic after waiting all of this time. :P
All this was also the same for me. I waited through three trips to see it, and when I finally saw it, it was indeed anticlimactic and underwhelming. I suggest that you lower your expectations as much as possible, and then at least you may be less disappointed. But I still hope they will make some improvements to this show.

Bumping this, because...in 19 more days I will finally get to see ROL. 3rd trip's a charm. Hopefully. :joker: I think I may be the last one to see it from this thread. I have to say, it feels pretty anticlimactic after waiting all of this time. :P
Actually, I haven't seen it yet either...and I have been on this thread since ArielSRL (Renee) first started it!!! Yep, through the good, the bad and the dumpster fires.....

I currently have a ROL Dining package reserved for Oct 31, but would rather switch it to Nov 2, as that would fit into my plans better....IF THEY WILL EVER RELEASE NOVEMBER RESERVATIONS!!!!! Seems I've been waiting for this for a very long time... wait... I HAVE been waiting for this for a very long time!!! o_O

Actually, I haven't seen it yet either...and I have been on this thread since ArielSRL (Renee) first started it!!! Yep, through the good, the bad and the dumpster fires.....

I currently have a ROL Dining package reserved for Oct 31, but would rather switch it to Nov 2, as that would fit into my plans better....IF THEY WILL EVER RELEASE NOVEMBER RESERVATIONS!!!!! Seems I've been waiting for this for a very long time... wait... I HAVE been waiting for this for a very long time!!! o_O
I had the Tusker House breakfast package booked, but I cancelled it. We are arriving in the afternoon on the 9th so I picked it as a FP. I didn't want to waste a FP on another day.

We were just there over July 4th week. Knowing how fickle the weather can be I planned for us to go on 2 evenings. The first evening we did the dining pkg. at Tusker House. We actually really enjoyed our meal BUT we did NOT think the extra money we paid to eat just to have the seating was worth it. Mostly because we COULD eat there with our TIW discount for a whole lot less. Our 20 yr old DS ate like 3 plates full and wants to go back on our January trip. The Mickey that night was also the worst Mickey ever. Daisy and Donald were great tho. Thought the reserved seating area was fine but the annoying thing to me is that people still go like 45 minutes early to plop themselves down for the best seats so if you still want a decent seat you also need to waste 30 or 45 minutes going early. It defeats the purpose of paying all that money to eat. Won't do the pkg. again. On our 2nd evening I had booked it with a FP. That night there were storms in the area and the sky was a meanacing green and there were tornado warnings so the show we had the FP for was canceled. They emptied out the theater. SOOOOO very glad that didn't happen on our dining pkg. night!!! I would have been so pissed. And luckily we liked the show the first night but weren't WOW'd by it so the fact that it was canceled and it was only a FP wasted was not devastating...

We haven't seen it yet either. I had a fp for it in July but we didn't go back to the park that night. I'm going to book a dining package for our November trip.

• sorry...got confused with Events and replied to the wrong thing...!

ETD: I wish you could just delete a post!!!

I went for the first time a couple months ago & was not impressed. I have heard from others who like it though so to each their own.

I haven't seen it yet either...probably won't get there until next June/July. I'm already at the point where I'm thinking I don't care if we see it or not. I won't be planning around it. If it fits in with our plans, it fits. If not, we'll see it the next time....if it's still there.

My son and his family went and they enjoyed it. My granddaughters are 4 and 6, and they loved the light show. Not amazing, but nice. They ended up getting fast passes for it and were happy enough with their seats.

ETA: after reading some of the comments here I was surprised at how much he liked it. He is pretty critical and he was not disappointed.

I have not seen it yet either! I am hoping for a Tiffins dining package next spring.

How far out are they typically posting them? It sounds like they are not ready at 180.

We saw it in June and thought it visually impressive but the seating to me was horrible and it appeared lengthy. I don't plan to see it again, at least for a few years anyway. However, I have heard mixed reviews so I definitely suggest at least one view to figure out your own opinion.

Just to update those of you that are regulars here, I may or may not have told you that this years' visit was my DH's first in 35 years! Both my little boys and I are huge obsessive fans so the plan was to hook my DH and we apparently were very successful. We are in the process of purchasing DVC and we are switching our beach trip in 2018 to a WDW trip (we were supposed to skip 2018). Wahoo!

Question... (disclaimer: I did not read the almost 800 pages of this thread) Has anyone or can anyone see ROL from the Flame Tree Barbeque dining area right by the water? Or does the foliage block it? Has anyone tried? I would be very interested in your thoughts! TIA

Question... (disclaimer: I did not read the almost 800 pages of this thread) Has anyone or can anyone see ROL from the Flame Tree Barbeque dining area right by the water? Or does the foliage block it? Has anyone tried? I would be very interested in your thoughts! TIA

ME ME ME :wave: and several times, and it is really nice there. Folks have figured it out and so you need to try to go a wee bit early ... if you get there very early you can score a table by the rail and have a dinner. If you stay closer to FT side there is a straight view at a rail (no tables) that is great. DS stood there totally mesmerized by it. Honestly unless that theater is walk in, this is where I will watch it.

Loved the view with Everest in background. You can see the boats but not super up close for the shadows. The water walls are just colors but honestly from the theater they don't work that well anyway for images so color is fine. The animals are beautiful and seem close and no problem at all with the lotus flowers and spirals of water.

DISCLAIMER: The first 500 pages are just lots of folks having a whole lot of fun with the Rumors of Light that we waited so long for. We created the Lounge as a humorous support group of those waiting. Honestly, I'm still waiting for the promised project.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!