runDisney 5k events

Kip Herner

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are planning on running the Princess Half Marathon next Feb. We are taking our daughter and MIL with us. I was wondering what the cutoff is for the 5k. Could my MIL walk it and be able to finish it?

It depends how fast she walks. Technically, the 5k has the same pace requirements as the other races. Realistically, as long as you aren't dawdling along, you should be fine.
Lots of people stop for all the pictures along the 5k and run in between, plenty of people walk it. I am not a fast walker at all, usually finish in an hour. I'll judge the crowd and how many people I think are behind me when deciding if I want to stop for a picture. Most of the character lines are really long or capped by the time I get to them.

I walked it. I was towards the back and it took me about an hour to finish. I did not get swept.

I've been at the very end of the 5k. We were told that everyone would be allowed to finish the race, but at the "end of the race" they remove the characters. They do not sweep the 5ks, but if you're interested in doing the character photo ops along the course, you might not be able to do them if you're near the end of the race. Lots of people walk the 5ks, lots of people walk the 5ks at slower paces. So you're MIL should be fine!

I've been at the very end of the 5k. We were told that everyone would be allowed to finish the race, but at the "end of the race" they remove the characters. They do not sweep the 5ks, but if you're interested in doing the character photo ops along the course, you might not be able to do them if you're near the end of the race. Lots of people walk the 5ks, lots of people walk the 5ks at slower paces. So you're MIL should be fine!
Thank you, that is what I figured since it is not that far off a race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter