runDisney Virtual Shorts - An *Incredible* Year 3

Random Question: Do you submit your time then you get your medal? Or, do they do they send the medals all at once? I guess how do they handle all of the shipping of stuff?

You do not submit your time to get the medal(s). However, they do have this year where you can submit your time and print a certificate, a link was included in an email that went out. The medal(s) though will be mailed after regardless as it's all on the honor system.

So, if you are doing the whole series I wouldn't expect the medals (& doggie included extras) until end of September based on how slow they were mailing last year, as they won't mail out till after it ends in August.
If you are doing just a single one it will ship after it's month ends, so expect the medal the end of the following month.

They don't ship to everyone at the same time either, so you'll hear people getting their box of medals where you are still waiting a few weeks.

I'm not a runner, but I am a Pluto fan! I'm hoping this series will get me motivated. I intend to do my walking at Disneyland, if I can weave through the crowds. Also, in August, I hope to do my course on deck 4 of the Wonder on my way to Alaska!

I'm not a runner, but I am a Pluto fan! I'm hoping this series will get me motivated. I intend to do my walking at Disneyland, if I can weave through the crowds. Also, in August, I hope to do my course on deck 4 of the Wonder on my way to Alaska!

So jealous of all you people who are planning to do your virtual runs on a Disney trip!

I'll have to find somewhere nice to do mine. A road trip may be in order to a nice national park trail.

Those are really cool locations!

So jealous of all you people who are planning to do your virtual runs on a Disney trip!

I'll have to find somewhere nice to do mine. A road trip may be in order to a nice national park trail.

Also jealous with no unique or interesting run location ideas. :-/

My sister and I just signed up for this....I just joined the Y at the beginning of the month so this will keep me going all summer long at least lol I'm happy that I can go at my own pace hopefully one day I'll be able to do an actual marathon at WDW.

I don't think I will be running my June 5K until the end of the month. I am at the end of recovering from a minor Achilles Tendonitis in my left heel. I haven't felt a lot of dull pain or stiffness in awhile but want to make sure it is as recovered as possible before running again. My goal is to run each one in a different city or town.

Read in a facebook group a few people in Canada already got their medals. I'm really surprised, will be interesting to see if other's start getting them this early too.

We still have a couple weeks till we run our first one

June run done! Time a little slower than I would like (41:45) but its been a long day. All my previous 5Ks were in the morning, maybe I will go back to that in July. But it was not humid and 59° this evening so I took advantage. :)

Read in a facebook group a few people in Canada already got their medals. I'm really surprised, will be interesting to see if other's start getting them this early too.

We still have a couple weeks till we run our first one

That is just weird! My understanding of mailing of medals is within 30 days of completion of the race. Getting anything this soon doesn't seem right. I'll let you know when I get mine but I'm not expecting it this week!

Don't have to be to work until 11:30 tomorrow morning, so I think I'll get mine officially on the books after I put the kids on the bus!

Still yet to do my run, but I'm in a Facebook group for this series and quite a few people have already got their packs with medals etc. Seems like RunDisny are starting the mailing out early this year! I'm actually holding out as long as I can for my first run hoping that I get my medals and Pluto jacket (that someone in the US kindly offered to forward to me since I couldn't have it shipped to Australia) in time!

That is just weird! My understanding of mailing of medals is within 30 days of completion of the race. Getting anything this soon doesn't seem right. I'll let you know when I get mine but I'm not expecting it this week!
Yeah that's how it was last year, they didn't start mailing the full series till after the last race completion date so we got them in what seems like a month after. Maybe they are just trying to stay ahead of the game this year.

We're still waiting on the hat from the Disney store, anyone else still waiting on merchandise? We go the pin already.

Completed yesterday a 21k training run and today i received the virtual short series package (all 4 medals + towel + bowl and dog tag).....

Yeah that's how it was last year, they didn't start mailing the full series till after the last race completion date so we got them in what seems like a month after. Maybe they are just trying to stay ahead of the game this year.

We're still waiting on the hat from the Disney store, anyone else still waiting on merchandise? We go the pin already.

Still waiting on a shirt. Supposedly they're "printed on demand" with a 5 to 7 week lead time.

Have yet to run my June run. I'm running, just haven't recorded the run for runDisney. However, I got all my medals this past Saturday with all the goodies. Not going to lie, I'm disappointed. I feel like I haven't earned them.

My brother says he will keep them for me, and give them to me after each 5K I complete to keep with the spirit of earning medals after each run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!