Running Around Disneyland

TXHauntedMansionFan

Tomb Sweet Tomb
We just booked a trip to Disneyland in late October and I was wondering if there was anywhere around there to get a good run in? I don't mind small streets but would like to avoid multiple major intersections if possible?

We are staying across the street at the Marriott but wouldn't mind running anywhere around there.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know the area particularly well to make a recommendation, but how far are you looking to go on a run?

Doesn't have to be that far. Was hoping for a 3-5 mile run tops and didn't want to have to hit a treadmill at the hotel. I might have to though!

If you do a circle around the resort ~ Down Harbor to Ball to DL Drive and back down Katella, it's a hair under 3. If you go down Harbor to Orangewood, Orangewood to West (it turns into DL Dr after you cross Katella) then Ball to Harbor it's 4.

I would do the circle around the resort, otherwise you are running in neighborhoods and I'm not exactly sure if that is the wisest thing to do in any city. The sidewalk around Disneyland seems the safest to me, and hopefully you cross the fewest number of intersections.

Anyone know for sure if the area between the parks and through Downtown Disney remains open in the mornings? I'd assume it does, in which case you could maybe add that on to it for a safe extra half mile or so if you wanted a bit closer to 4 miles. Might be a nice pick-me-up running past the park gates too! :thumbsup2

It does - you have to talk to security on the side you enter, they tell you to keep going through the esplanade and don't stop. One morning while waiting for a pin release, I stood there waiting and watched people get waved through from Harbor to Downtown Disney and the answer was always the same: go through and don't stop.

Anyone know for sure if the area between the parks and through Downtown Disney remains open in the mornings? I'd assume it does, in which case you could maybe add that on to it for a safe extra half mile or so if you wanted a bit closer to 4 miles. Might be a nice pick-me-up running past the park gates too! :thumbsup2

If you're there early enough there's no one there at all. Just run on through. If you get there once security arrives but not the bagcheck people you'd get the response mentioned above. If you're running late you'll get to go through bagcheck.

We just got back from Disneyland a few weeks ago. We typically do 5-6 mile runs. The best place for an uninterrupted run is Walnut St, which is the west boundary of Paradise Pier and DLH. You don't have to stop once for traffic. So, if you start on Katella and Harbor, just head west on Katella to Walnut (which is a really peaceful street for as close as it is to Dland. Then head north on Walnut to Ball St. and east on Ball. You could turn around at Disney Dr and return back to Harbor/Katella and it is 4 miles round trip. And a nice, easy four miles without ever stopping for traffic lights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter