running jusme's crazy running journal (comments welcome)

runningjusme

DW addict in training
hi - i'm Christine aka running jusme aka christien (i cannot for the life of me type my name correctly) :p

i was part of W.I.S.H. awhile ago (during the last Minnie Marathon in 2008) and it turns out - i got preggers while we were at WDW for the race. i now have a 5 year old 'souvenir'.

i'm pretty much a "disney freak". we live in Dallas area and have been to WDW 15 times in the past 2 years. my most recent trip was my first (and if my DH has anything to say about it - last) solo trip for the Princess Marathon weekend. i finished and obtained a PR despite it feeling like i was running through split pea soup. :rotfl2:

i've signed up for the ToT 10 miler, but i think i'm going to be crazy and try for the Dopey challenge. i'd then defer ToT to next year maybe. (cause, i kinda want to do the avengers half so i can get the C2C medal).

currently, i'm training for the Rock N Roll Dallas half that's at the end of March and i'm thinking about a wounded warriors half in June. but running in June in Dallas is not really something i want to do much of.

so that's about it for now. i look forward to getting to know you. :)

i'm SO not a fan of ice! :(

it's been cold and icy the past 2 days (school cancelled today it's so bad). i didn't get in my miles for this weekend. i'm thinking i'll push it Wednesday. instead of 6, i'll do 8 or 10.

i'm signed up for 2 half marathons. the dallas rock n roll half (March 30) and the "Big D" half the first weekend in April. yeah, i'm certifiable. :confused3

i'm hoping the weather clears up tomorrow!

oh wow, it's been forever since i've visited the boards!! :confused3

i finished the Dallas Rock n Roll half and i even PR'd by almost 22 minutes which was a total shock since i was having some hip issues. i'm definitely not complaining though.

i had my first real run after RnR and it was good. i'm working on endurance and i ran the entire time of "let it go", so that's about 3ish minutes. i'm trying to push myself and make my legs stronger.

i have the "big D" half coming up the sunday after next then on the 27th i signed up for another half. yeah, i guess you can say that i'm somewhat addicted.

i'm considering dopey, but petrified that i wont be able to do the full marathon distance. i really should look for a full to do before to KNOW that i can do it, but part of me is just telling myself to "trust the training" and i will essentially run a dopey the weekend of December 21st (thurs 45 mins -- which is more than a 5k for me, fri 5 miles, sat 12 miles and sun 26 miles)... the only 'short cuts' are on fri and saturday and that's only by a mile each day...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!