• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RV oven ?

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
We have had our RV for a year, but I have never used the oven to bake in. Does anyone use their oven often? How do they compare to electric ovens? Can I bake things like biscuits in it? Thanks for the info!

The ovens in an RV do not bake things near as well as your oven in your home. Because they are smaller, the burner is much closer to the bottom of the pan you are using, and therefore, you are much more apt to burn things. Even with the best leveling efforts to get your rig perfect, I swear the oven is still crooked. If you have something that is the least bit runny, be very careful ....... you could have an overspill. As for biscuits and stuff like that ...... we do those all the time. I usually make a crock-pot of beef stew while we are at the parks and then throw the biscuits in the oven when we return ...... simple stuff. The thing to be most aware of is the size of the oven. It has taken me a couple of years to find all the right size pans for the oven. The cookie sheets that I use are not standard (those do not fit), and since I like only the airbake kind of cookie sheets (especially in the RV), it took me a while to acquire those. Pizza's are another issue ..... they don't all fit. Just be aware and look for the appropriate cookware and you can make anything!

One thing you might want to invest in for you oven is a pizza stone. My wife bought the small one from a Pampered Chef, and it really does a good job of evening out the heat in the oven. Before we started using it, I was having to "peel" the bottoms from burnt bisquits, but not anymore. We use it to bake frozen cookies, those bagged biscuits from Pillsbury, frozen turnover, etc. Hope this helps!

Duane

Duane,
Great suggestion! Do you know anywhere else I can get one? I would like to have one by Thursday, if possible. Too late for pampered chef.:(

The pizza stone works great to keep what you are cooking from burning on the bottom. We haven't burnt anything since we started to use the stone. We bought ours from Target but I expect Walmart and other places carry them. The best ones are from Pampered Chef. Maybe if you know someone that sells PC, perhaps they may have a pizza stone at home.

Cold Iron - Yes, I know it says Poohstyx, but I can't get this computer to change over to my name.

Thanks Cold Iron,
I'll check out Target today. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who sells Pampered Chef, but I have a friend who does. I went to a show at her house once. Maybe I'll check with her first. If not, one of my friends will inevitably have a party someday and the one from Target will have to suffice until then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter