S/0 do you read YA books

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if any other adults like them as well. I am not talking for young kids I am talking the nest by Kenneth Opel haven read it yet but I am looking forward to it

Last edited:
Well, Harry Potter is technically YA, so I'm sure there are plenty of adults who read the YA genre.

I have a friend who is a YA author, I really enjoy her books. There are several authors that I read all of their books. They're mostly dystopian or other realm storylines. Some of my favorite YA authors are:

Cinda Chima
Joelle Charbonneau (this is my friend)
Kiera Cass

Last edited:
Well, Harry Potter is technically YA, so I'm sure there are plenty of adults who read the YA genre.

I have a friend is a YA author, I really enjoy her books. There are several authors that I read all of their books. They're mostly dystopian or other realm storylines. Some of my favorite YA authors are:

Cinda Chima
Joelle Charbonneau (this is my friend)
Kiera Cass

I well look into your friend

I've enjoyed the Theodore Boone novels by John Grisham and, to a lesser extent, the young adult novels by Ridley Pearson including the Kingdom Keepers and Steel Trapp.

ford family

I enjoy them myself as well. Though as I've gotten older my taste has slightly changed. Generally speaking I'm not into or I guess I should say as open as I used to be into reading books where the main character is around the 14-15 age.

I also think that authors have branched out and created more New Adult books sometimes even creating 2 versions of their stories (1 for YA and 1 for New Adult). I've also seen it where an author won't really have anything bad in their books but because of the age (usually over 18;maybe in college versus in high school, etc) of their main character they categorize their books as New Adult.

There are some really good YA books out there. Honestly one of my favs that I read in the past was Vampire Academy (though the movie just didn't do the book series justice). I do also enjoy dystopian books.

I tried to read Twilight when my dd wanted to read it. I gave up on it and told her to go ahead. Is that considered YA? I assume so.
I read the Hunger Games series before seeing the movies but I think I'm done with YA books from now on. They just don't appeal to me.

Yes, I love them!

Harry Potter is my absolute favorite series, but I read random YA books too, for several reasons:

I teach different grades, and like to be comfortable talking about books with the kids.
Young adults are dealing with important topics. - The stuff written to them speaks to us all.
A good story is a good story...and the best stories have always worked on multiple levels.

I'll read almost anything, as long as it has a good story, and a sense of humour. I don't like depressing stories. I've read some fantastic picture books!

I was very surprised, actually, to find out that some of my favourite stories were categorized as "young adult". "The Little Prince" and "Jonathon Livingston Seagull" are both apparently "young adult" but they feel like very adult books to me. I suppose it's just that they're novellas...?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!