S/0 do you read YA books

I tried reading it but I could not tell when clay way speaking or when Hannah was speaking
Yes that can be a bit confusing. I have read several books lately that like to go back & forth between characters telling the story. Sometimes I end up having to re-read a passage because it didn't make sense because I was "reading" it from the wrong character.

Sometimes, although I don't read as much as I used to and lately it tends to be more non-fiction. I enjoyed several of John Green's books, then saw the movies. I also occasionally re-read some of my childhood favorites that I consider classics, like The Outsiders, Catcher in the Rye, and A Wrinkle In Time.

Last edited:

I love the Harry Potter series, Twilight series, and Hunger Games series. I have also read a few others such as Mortal Instruments series and Divergent series but do read adult books by Nora Roberts, Debbie Macomber, and Janet Evanovich plus some others.

Well, I am 40 years old and my favorite books are the Harry Potter and Fablehaven series' (I guess those might be considered kids books? Or are they young adults?). I like their creativity and imagination. While I like adult books too, I have a harder time finding ones that I like. I find too many seem to focus on sex or graphic violence. That said, my favorite "adult books" are Jane Eyre, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and A Man Called Ove (though initially I found that one disturbing). But I find the first place I go when I enter a book store is the young adult section!

Yes! I'm 27 and I love to read YA. I love anything by Sarah Dessen. I also love that there's sort of a new category being created called "new adult" for people in the "too old for ya but too young for adult" demographic. So I read YA and NA.

Harry Potter is my favourite series!! I've read the Twilight, Hunger Games and Divergent series as well. I also love the Little House on the Prairie and Anne of Green Gables. Not sure if they're considered YA?

I read a lot of books, and I am not ashamed to admit I do enjoy teen fiction, and sometimes kids chapter books as well. Mind you, I usually am reading them because my boyfriend's son recommends them to me. But I like them nonetheless.

I LOVED the Hunger Games when the books first came out.

I read them in part because I write them. However Harry Potter IMO really changed things and the distinction to YA Books is blurrier. Many YA books seem to written for all ages to read now. Books like Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children is it a YA Book? I tend to read ones like that or John Greene, not books like Percy Jackson.

We've gone through the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer, and the Bartimaeus Sequence by Jonathan Stroud. The latter is described as a children's series on Wikipedia, but I believe it's more YA. We've started on Stroud's Lockwood & Co. series, but I've given up; it lacks the clever wit of Bartimaeus.

These are all audiobooks, which are good for long drives together.

Well, I am 40 years old and my favorite books are the Harry Potter and Fablehaven series' (I guess those might be considered kids books? Or are they young adults?). I like their creativity and imagination. While I like adult books too, I have a harder time finding ones that I like. I find too many seem to focus on sex or graphic violence. That said, my favorite "adult books" are Jane Eyre, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and A Man Called Ove (though initially I found that one disturbing). But I find the first place I go when I enter a book store is the young adult section!

I haven't read A Man Called Ove, but I just finished My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry (also by Fredrik Backman) and loved it! I will try that one and some others on your list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter