Sailing from WDW is best to use magic express or private ride?

Your PAT (port arrival time) is selected when you do online check-in. It does not depend on the type of transportation you take to the terminal. The only groups that get an advantage with boarding groups are Platinum (who automatically board in group 1) and Concierge (who get to board first before any groups).

ETA: Back-to-back cruisers also get an advantage. They board between Concierge and Platinum.
Thanks..

Do you know if there is any advantage (for the embarkation groups/time) if we use Disney transportation?
Disney transportation tends to get you there later than if you use private transportation. I have booked many people with a certain limo company who picks up at Disney and drops off at the port. They will even make a 15 min stop at a grocery store/Target on the way to the port as part of the price. If you stay at a Disney resort before you embark (resort stay needs to be linked with your cruise), you do not choose a port arrival time. They will board you whenever you arrive (even if you don't take their transportation). We prefer this because we can board the ship early and have more time on departure day to explore, eat and play.

Do you know if there is any advantage (for the embarkation groups/time) if we use Disney transportation?
If you arrive via DCL transfers, you will be allowed to enter the terminal, regardless of what Port Arrival Time you received. At least it used to be that way, I don't know if that's changed. It's quite likely, you'll still receive the same boarding number (based on your PAT), regardless of when you enter the terminal, but you could get some pixie dust and get one tied to the time you actually entered the terminal.

Some like getting on the ship early, I now prefer getting on later. Until the rooms are available the ship is crowded with people walking around many with luggage not knowing what to do. I get there at 1:30 and the rooms are ready by the time we board, get lunch, muster drill, then the sail away party.

We are seniors 70+ and we book transfers from WDW, we like the luggage transfer service, and we don't mind getting to the port after 12:30PM.

Back to back cruisers get to board before Concierge.
Hmm. I guess it may depend on the cruise. The one time we did a back-to-back cruise, concierge boarded first. We were all in the concierge lounge together and they had the concierge guests board first, at least the ones that were there when they cleared the ship for boarding.

Do you remember how far in advance you had shoreside concierge set this up for you? We’re supposed to cruise concierge this November (I know, I know, not holding my breath 🤣) but we haven’t wanted to outlay any extra money yet given the odds of cancellation so we still need to book our hotel the night before, etc....Do you think I can have the concierge desks arrange this a few weeks out? Or does it need to be sooner....
I feel like we usually set it up (through our travel agent) maybe 2-3 weeks in advance. It wasn't billed until the day of service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!