Salad ideas

Connie of Trenton

mums the word
I need a salad recipe that is easy to make and then transport 3 hours away. If need be I can assemble it when I arrive on site. We have a couple of vegetarians so no meat ingredients please! Thanks for any help.

This is always a massive hit wherever I take it, is healthy, meat-free and very easy to make and bring somewhere to assemble at someone else's house.

Red Leaf Pear Salad w/Sweet Dressing

For the salad:

(Serves 4 -- double or triple if necessary)

6 cups red leaf lettuce, cleaned and torn in to bite-size pieces
1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 red bartlett pear, halved, cored and thinly sliced. Don't remove the skin.

Everything can be put in a container, transported and tossed minutes before serving, with the exception of the pear. Slice the pear(s) right before you serve the salad.

Dressing:

1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon table sugar
1 teaspoon honey
salt & pepper

Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar (we use a pickle or olive jar) with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well. Dressing will keep for up to six hours. Shake well right before pouring over salad.

This salad must be served immediately after pouring the dressing over it, so you'll need to slice the pear and simply pour the dressing over the salad and toss once you arrive at your destination.

Hope you enjoy this one as much as we do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter