• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

???Salvage yard???

fboy9287

DIS Veteran
behind tunder falls resaraunt and to the side of dudley there is a big feild where they put all sorts of things from boats to stands. Would this place be a salvage yard? Or just extra storage space?

There are many names for that space. It belongs to Isla Nublar/Toon Lagoon, and it houses our Technical Services base of operations, storage for incoming parts, and many things of various definition coming in/going out. Most of the space is dedicated to expansion.

Some of it is used as Dinosaur enclosures.

There are also a large number of items waiting to be sold/picked up by various salvage companies. Most of which are old light-duty vehicles (golf carts, etc) that are being discarded as part of a new sponsership deal for back of house transportation (new golf carts, etc).

These items are only being stored here temporarily. Unfortunately it's a little messy right now since some of the Velociraptors got loose last week.

Velociraptors broke the golf carts huh? blame it on them? isn't that mean? you should be ashamed of yourself.

Aren't those the velociraptors that...oooh, right, can't mention THAT here.;)

How about all the damaged boats from the river adventure? Are they back in that area? I hear harasaurs keep on bumping them all the time. :)

Ya know Barry, that's a really good point. Although we seem to get alot of complaints because guests don't get to see Hadrosaur cove. Our Parasaurs (yes, it's actually a Parasaur that bumps your off course) think it's fun to play with our passing boat tours. Unfortunately, sometimes the boats get bumped off towards the Environmental Systems Building.

But, no, any River Adventure boats that are being worked on don't go into this area of Jurassic Park. We wouldn't want any tourists to see what some of the carnivores can really do...do we???

would the workers care if i "just walk back there" to take a little look? I mean i could get lost and accidentally (sp) go there right?

Yes, they would. As a matter of fact, the Security department wore than likely just keep walking you right out the gate.

Actually, like CoasterFev said, the area was being used for temporary storage of our old internal transportation (golf carts, etc). We entered a new agreement and have a new fleet. In the last few days, the area being discussed has all but entirely emptied out. The old carts have been sold and trucked away.

As tempting as it may be, for whatever reason, never follow the temptation to enter a backstage area, indoors or outdoors. Those areas are not designed for guest access and in some cases, could even be dangerous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter