Sam’s Club Limit On Disney GC

Well, I have successfully placed two orders for GCs through Sam's Club! :yay: I don't have a Target Red Card and we maintain a Sam's Club membership since before we were cruising. I am hoping that Ebates will give me 3% back from Sam's Club. They are not really supposed to give cash back for gift card purchases, but they have in the past. Guess we will see!

Also, at Sam's you can use your airline credit card to get air miles in addition to purchasing the discounted Disney cards. If one uses a Target Red Card, this would not be an option. Might as well pick up a few thousand air miles while buying your cruise.

Also, at Sam's you can use your airline credit card to get air miles in addition to purchasing the discounted Disney cards. If one uses a Target Red Card, this would not be an option. Might as well pick up a few thousand air miles while buying your cruise.
Or you can use Discover 5% category (double cash back first year, so 10%) depending on what you value.

But they charge a $5 delivery/shipping fee now.

I just bought 20 $100 gift cards from BJs. No shipping charge, and I was not limited to just a couple cards. I should get 2% back on my credit card rewards, and possibly more back from ebates.com. The package did require and adult signature when it was delivered.

Just paid for our cruise for 11 using DGC purchased from Sam's. They do have the limit of 5 packs per order but I was able to place orders back to back. Quick delivery, usually 3-4 days. Other than deposit placed when we booked on our previous cruise, the remainder was paid with DGC and the savings were substantial. I would order 15- 20 packs at a time, when received combine them to $1000 on single cards using the DGC app, then when I had enough, paid the cruise online. One hint, you don't have to scratch off the security code sticker. If you scratch lightly at the edge, you can peel off the entire sticker - much quicker than scratching and no chance of inadvertently scratching off the code itself.

Well, I have successfully placed two orders for GCs through Sam's Club! :yay: I don't have a Target Red Card and we maintain a Sam's Club membership since before we were cruising. I am hoping that Ebates will give me 3% back from Sam's Club. They are not really supposed to give cash back for gift card purchases, but they have in the past. Guess we will see!

How far apart were the two orders? I am trying to place more than order and it says I have reached my limit. It will not let me order more. I ordered them on Monday and today is Thursday. They will be delivered tomorrow so I am hoping they will let me order more once they are delivered. This is the first time I have had this problem. I use to order them in back to back days.

See my previous post in this thread for a cruise last July. Just repeated the process for our upcoming September cruise, 5 packs of $150 each order, and orders placed back to back as fast as I could hit the "place another order" button. All gift cards received via USPS 3 days after order - each group of 5 in it's own envelope! Used the $150 cards as a previous poster stated they offer a better value at the price of slightly more time to process.

See my previous post in this thread for a cruise last July. Just repeated the process for our upcoming September cruise, 5 packs of $150 each order, and orders placed back to back as fast as I could hit the "place another order" button. All gift cards received via USPS 3 days after order - each group of 5 in it's own envelope! Used the $150 cards as a previous poster stated they offer a better value at the price of slightly more time to process.

Yes, it is frustrating that the $150 packs give you a better discount than the $500 cards. You'd think the discount would scale up with the face value. But another 1% off a Disney cruise is not insignificant.

Also, I do not see the $500 gift card as an option on the Target site, only $50 and $100. So if your paying for a $7k-$10k cruise with a ton of $50 or $100 gift cards, that's a whole lot of scratching, typing and data entry. $500 card from Sam's is a whole lot easier to enter in.

At this point, I think it's a wash between Target and Sam's. I get the $500 GCs from Sam's, and the way I figure it, I get 3.5% from Sam's, and another 2% because I used my Disney Visa to buy them. But if I happen to be at Target, I just get the 5% off.

I've toyed with the idea going forward of buying the $150 packs from Sam's every week or so, and just loading them on to my main card to save the extra 1.5%, but as you mention, that's a lot of scratching and typing. Done it before, and it's a drag...

At this point, I think it's a wash between Target and Sam's

I wrote those posts over a year ago. Since then I've switched to BJ's Wholesale. Last month 05/03/19, BJ's had $500 cards for $464.99. I loaded up. Also, BJ's does not limit how many you can buy and no charge for shipping. Sometimes the software does limit the number of cards when you put it into your "basket" but at check out, it gives you the option to add whatever number you want to the total number of cards. I think membership is around $10 a year which is also better.

The interesting part has been what's happened lately. I guess when you purchase tons of Disney gift cards, they notice. I now get an e-mail from them directly every other month or so with Disney gift card offers that are not on their website. Usually $150 pack of cards for $138.50.

At this point, I think it's a wash between Target and Sam's. I get the $500 GCs from Sam's, and the way I figure it, I get 3.5% from Sam's, and another 2% because I used my Disney Visa to buy them. But if I happen to be at Target, I just get the 5% off.

I've toyed with the idea going forward of buying the $150 packs from Sam's every week or so, and just loading them on to my main card to save the extra 1.5%, but as you mention, that's a lot of scratching and typing. Done it before, and it's a drag...

Are you sure Sam's Club counts as a "grocery store" to qualify for the 2%? I was under the impression that "grocery store" and "warehouse club" were two different categories. I know for sure with my Discover It card, they do have a difference between grocery stores and warehouse clubs.

I wrote those posts over a year ago. Since then I've switched to BJ's Wholesale. Last month 05/03/19, BJ's had $500 cards for $464.99. I loaded up. Also, BJ's does not limit how many you can buy and no charge for shipping. Sometimes the software does limit the number of cards when you put it into your "basket" but at check out, it gives you the option to add whatever number you want to the total number of cards. I think membership is around $10 a year which is also better.

The interesting part has been what's happened lately. I guess when you purchase tons of Disney gift cards, they notice. I now get an e-mail from them directly every other month or so with Disney gift card offers that are not on their website. Usually $150 pack of cards for $138.50.

Can you tell me what the current price on the BJ’s cards is as of today? I see you have to be a member to view prices, but I hate to pay the $10 to join if it isn’t particularly great right now. :teeth:

Does BJ's have the electronic Disney GC's? I'm Canadian and would join for the $10 fee if they came electronically but I doubt they would ship to Canada and even if they did I would bet it would make any savings void.

Are you sure Sam's Club counts as a "grocery store" to qualify for the 2%? I was under the impression that "grocery store" and "warehouse club" were two different categories. I know for sure with my Discover It card, they do have a difference between grocery stores and warehouse clubs.

That's a really good question. Guess I've always assumed that it was treated as such, but after a few quick searches, it doesn't look like it is.

The most up to date gift card info is on Budget Board, Disney Gift Card Deals. Also check out disneygiftcards.com to combine small denominations into $1000 gc units. You must have a physical plastic card to combine the small gc or e-gc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter