Sam's Club Tickets

Smallywood1

Earning My Ears
My fiance and I have a trip coming up in a few weeks. We decided to try ordering tickets from Sam's club, as there is a slight discount on them. We have yet to hit purchase, because we want to make sure we do it right. The account is a family account, so our names are not directly linked. On the ticket page, it states that you will get an email with a certificate saying to pick tickets up at a will call location. It sounded like the will call will at Disney itself. We wanted to see if anyone has done this system, and if 1. Our names need to be linked to the Sam's account/if putting our name on the pick up line is all that needs to be done. And 2. If we need to physically pick up tickets at a will call station once we arrive.

I bought a discounted annual pass from Sam's club online last month. They sent me an email within 15 -20 minutes of buying it with a confirmation #. I was able to enter this number in myDisneyExperience and link it to who I wanted to. It looks like I could even reassign it if I wanted to before it is used. There won't even be a need to go to will call to pick it up since I already have it associated in my account and I have magic bands associated with me. It's already available to start making fp+ selections too.

I bought a discounted annual pass from Sam's club online last month. They sent me an email within 15 -20 minutes of buying it with a confirmation #. I was able to enter this number in myDisneyExperience and link it to who I wanted to. It looks like I could even reassign it if I wanted to before it is used. There won't even be a need to go to will call to pick it up since I already have it associated in my account and I have magic bands associated with me. It's already available to start making fp+ selections too.
Did the email or confirmation link your name with anything, or was it just a blank ticket you could assign? We have done the military passes before, and I know it has to be picked up by the name of the booker. Didn't want to book these and then run into the same situation.

Did the email or confirmation link your name with anything, or was it just a blank ticket you could assign? We have done the military passes before, and I know it has to be picked up by the name of the booker. Didn't want to book these and then run into the same situation.
It has my name on it. My husband's name is the main name on our Sam's Club membership, but I put my name in as the person the ticket was for when I purchased it. Now that it is linked in my MDE account though, it will allow me to assign it to another person.

Before I bought it I was considering buying an extra one and asked here https://www.disboards.com/threads/tickets-upgrades-prices-and-how-to.3570721/page-381#post-60768334 about reassigning the ticket if needed and @Robo indicated I would be able to, so I think you would be OK.

I bought two vouchers as well. You might want to double check. How I understand it is that you DO have to go activate them and show ID prior to entering the park.

I bought two vouchers as well. You might want to double check. How I understand it is that you DO have to go activate them and show ID prior to entering the park.
I think you are right about the activation with annual passes. Thanks!

Another thing you can do at Sam's Club is buy Disney Gift Cards at a discount. You can buy a $500 card and save $15 ~ we did this for our last trip and applied the gift cards to our room for final payment when we arrived ~ save everywhere you can.

Just an update for anyone interested. Like most of you said, as long as we list ourselves as the purchaser and the person making the pick up, it was smooth sailing to add the e ticket number to our MDX account once we got them. We ended up booking a hotel and park tickets only 2 weeks out and saved a few hundred dollars. Totally recommend this to anyone with a Sam's membership.

So if you link to your MDE do you actually need to get the tickets from Will Call? Personally I don't want to waste my time going to will call and would definitely want to make sure that I can book my fastpasses at 60 days.

So if you link to your MDE do you actually need to get the tickets from Will Call? Personally I don't want to waste my time going to will call and would definitely want to make sure that I can book my fastpasses at 60 days.
If you have magic bands, no you don't need to pick up the tickets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!