San Diego Dinner Recommendations

cutedisneygirly

DIS Veteran
We will be flying into San Diego next Saturday (eek!) before our cruise departs on Sunday. We are staying overnight at the Best Western on Ash St. near Little Italy both the night before the cruise and the night after we get back. I am looking for recommendations for restaurants for dinner within walking distance of the hotel (a few blocks) for our group of 5 (me, DH, DS5, and my parents... including my mom who is currently in a walking boot for an ankle injury). I would prefer somewhere that is family-friendly and won't break the bank ($10-$12sh for an entree at the most). We like American, Mexican, and Italian.

A fairly inexpensive place for lunch Saturday afternoon would be good too if anyone has one.

Thanks!

I don't have a suggestion but to suggest that you check google maps. If you put in the address it will show you restaurants nearby.

On every trip to San Diego we eat at Point Loma Seafoods. You could also go to Seaport Village and there are many options there. We also eat at the Fish Market, but their entrees are more than you wish to spend.

Good luck and have fun!

We liked the Karl Strauss Brewing Company and Napizza when we were there last fall!

Aby

Not sure where this is in relationship to your hotel, but we loved Bronx Pizza - it's just pizza and it's cash only, but the pizza was the best ever.

TripAdvisor is a good place to look for restaurants, too. We will be in San Diego next March and will be checking with them first. Staying at the Wyndham Bayside, close to the pier.

We will be flying into San Diego next Saturday (eek!) before our cruise departs on Sunday. We are staying overnight at the Best Western on Ash St. near Little Italy both the night before the cruise and the night after we get back. I am looking for recommendations for restaurants for dinner within walking distance of the hotel (a few blocks) for our group of 5 (me, DH, DS5, and my parents... including my mom who is currently in a walking boot for an ankle injury). I would prefer somewhere that is family-friendly and won't break the bank ($10-$12sh for an entree at the most). We like American, Mexican, and Italian.

A fairly inexpensive place for lunch Saturday afternoon would be good too if anyone has one.

Thanks!
Avoid Ruth's Chris Steakhouse - very, very pricey. Karl Strauss is excellent. If you have transportation, Pt. Loma Seafoods is quite good.

When in San Diego, eat Mexican food. I recommend La Puerta. Seems solid with 4.5 stars and over 1000 reviews. Can't go wrong.

Filippi's is my recommendation. When we were on the wbpc cruise on the Wonder in 2016, several cruisers from San Diego recommended this restaurant. One is located in Little Italy which was near our hotel. Reasonable prices, good food.

I live in San Diego. Here are my recommendations:

Filippi's Pizza Grotto (low key, decent prices and portions, basic red sauce Italian)
Eddie V's Prime Seafood and Steaks (pricey, but delicious)
I don't like Mexican, but my husband does. He prefers Old Town Mexican Cafe.

For a GREAT view of the Harbor, I recommend going to Island Prime or C Level right on the water. You may have to Uber there, but it is worth it in my opinion. We love it there and the view can't be beat. We have gone there to watched the Wonder sail away in the past. We plan on doing it again sometime this season.

When I was stationed in SD (& met DW) we ate at Peohe's over on Coronado. It's not too far for an Uber/Lyft/Taxi and the food is divine. The area over on Coronado is nice for a stroll as well.

The BW on Ash is a good choice. Decent shuttle service to the pier. They also do a decent breakfast buffet. As for dinner, Filippi's is good. You can also walk down to the Wyndham on Harbor and go to Claim Jumper (BIG food). If you feel more adventurous, just do down Pac Hwy to the Seaport Village - maybe try Harbor House (nice views). There's also a basic Cheesecake at the Seaport HQ shops (or maybe Puestos). If you want REAL simple, there is the Carnitas Shack on Harbor right before the Midway pier.

The Coronado Hotel breakfast buffet is pretty awesome. :)

I go there frequently for a work conference. I like to do mexican while there, and there are several places in Old Town that suit the bill IMO. Gaslamp will have plenty of places for the tourist crowd. Bronx pizza is actually pretty good. I usually get some Ghirardelli's for dessert at some point. :)

Mark

The Coronado Hotel breakfast buffet is pretty awesome. :)

I go there frequently for a work conference. I like to do mexican while there, and there are several places in Old Town that suit the bill IMO. Gaslamp will have plenty of places for the tourist crowd. Bronx pizza is actually pretty good. I usually get some Ghirardelli's for dessert at some point. :)

Mark
Is that in the Del Coronado? Do they make any food for you, or strictly what's on the buffet? Anything near that hotel you like for lunch or dinner? Thank you!

On Coronado Island -- Miguel's Cocina. Excellent and very reasonable. Go early or there is a wait it's that popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!