San Diego? Is this a little bit of an overkill?

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
Would going to Wild Animal Park, the San Diego Zoo, and Sea World in one week be a little bit of an animal overkill? Or are they all so different that it would be worth it to go see them all?

I think it would be worth it to see them all, but it depends on how much your group likes to see animals. SeaWorld is definitely different, and the others would be somewhat different but more similar. My family really enjoys animals and safari-type themes and activities, so we would do all three if we could. We will only be in San Diego for 2 days, so are only doing Seaworld and the zoo.

Each is very different from the other. Sea World has the shows, the Zoo you must do the bus tour, and the Wild Animal Park has the tram(train). The Zoo is very hilly and steep, Sea World is cool and always has a breeze, and the W.A.P. has lots of shade in the walking areas.

Not in a week, no that's no problem.

We usually don't do the zoo and the WAP in the same week, but to each his own. They are very different, other than the fact of animals of course.

Sea World is a whole other ball of wax.

If you are considering missing out on one of the three, I'd skip the Wild Animal Park. We were at all 3 in 3 days last year (!) and it was too much. The tram is a nice ride and feeding the Lorikeets was a highlight but the WAP has a lot of deer exhibits and really, I can only be so interested in deer.
If you do go, I'd go early in the day and plan to just spend a few hours.
Have fun!
Lydia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter