San Diego Old Town Trolley Tour Stops

HappyGrape

DIS Veteran
What are the best stops to explore for hour or two? We have full day plan for the tour and few stops decided on

Coronado
Old Town State Park

We need one or max two of the following

Cruise Ship Terminal/USS Midway - not interested in the museum
Seaport Village
Marriott Marina/Convention Center
Horton Plaza
Gaslamp Quarter
Hilton Bayfront
Little Italy

Planned for different day
Balboa Park (El Prado)/San Diego Zoo

Seaport Village or Horton plaza if you want to shop. Little Italy if you want to eat.
Which area is more scenic and better for people watch?

Little Italy and Gaslamp for people watching. Gaslamp will be mostly tourists. Little Italy would be more locals and European tourists. You could essentially walk from the Gaslamp down to the harbor, through Seaport Village along the water past the Cruise Ship/Midway and up into Little Italy. I do this walk at lunch and it is one hour of brisk walking with no stops. You mileage will vary.

If you are looking for something to do may I suggest Cabrillo Monument on Pt. Loma? It's a wonderful place to spend a day.

I'm a little surprised that Seaport Village/Marriott Marina/Hilton Bayfront/Gaslamp are separate stops. It's so easy to access any of them from each other.

Seaport Village is a really pretty location looking out across to coronado. A bunch of little touristy shops to browse, etc. ANd you can also take the duck boat tour from there if you want. Kind of depends on what you like to do and if you plan on eating/drinking in any of them.

I'm a little surprised that Seaport Village/Marriott Marina/Hilton Bayfront/Gaslamp are separate stops. It's so easy to access any of them from each other.

This is great to know as we love a good walk! I will try to download the google map route for walking

Its nice for workers downtown. For example I can walk to the gaslamp from my office in about 10-15 minutes, but to the far end of gaslamp or the ballpark its closer to 20. So to walk there for lunch, wait in line and wait for food, then walk back to work leaves me no time to eat. But i can go downstairs, hop on the trolley and be there in a few minutes, grab my food and hop back on the trolley(you don't need to buy another ticket less than 2 hours or so), then back to work with plenty of time to eat. Plus not being hot and sweaty which is usually the case on warm days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter