San Diego Transport Problems and Locker Sizes

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
I haven't been back to San Diego for 10+ years but when DH and I went we loved it.
We have decided to return to Disneyland and San Diego next November, but now we have two kids. The kids will be 2 and 4.5 when we go.
We know we can use a portable booster for our older DD but the younger one needs a car seat. Neither of us drive so we need to rely on transport to get us to where we want to go.

We will be visiting Seaworld, Lego Land, San Diego Zoo and a few other places that we can walk to.
We know we can get the HOHO trolley to the Zoo as we did that before, but we are stuck on how to get to Seaworld and Lego Land. I'm guessing that we can get some kind of private transfer but I have no idea where to start, last trip we got stung BAD with a terrible transport company that we prepaid for so I am scared of that happening again.
If we take an Uber we would need to take a carseat with us which is fine but what do we do with it when we get to the parks? I am sure the lockers wouldn't be big enough to keep one in.

Does anyone have any advice?

You can try contacting Lansky Car Service for a start to get an estimate on transport from DLR to SD. They provide car seats (usually quite new, safe, clean) upon request. They get good reviews on these boards. They can be more expensive than other options, but posters seem to be very happy with their services.

For SeaWorld try this to ask about how big the lockers are. All their web site says is "Jumbo"

https://seaworld.com/san-diego/contact-us/
Also from what I have seen here on the Disboards everybody recommends if using a carseat/booster with Uber/Lyft to make sure you have tested out how to install/remove in a car it before you actually use it so you are not stressing yourself out when the ride share arrives.

Thankyou for the info.
I'll give Lansky a call/message and ask.
I found this awesome car seat that suits 2yo and up but it is only available in the UK, such a shame as it is exactly what we need for getting around easily in California.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Urban-Kang...P&qid=1573544669&s=merchant-items&sr=1-1&th=1

** Just an Update, I contacted Lansky they don't do San Diego. Only LA and Anaheim. I also contacted Legoland to ask about the locker sizes. They told me that the shop outside the park will hold our carseat for us - no need to use a locker - amazing! But I think we have now decided to stay at the Legoland resort for a few nights so just waiting to hear back from Seaworld about their locker sizes.

Last edited:

Thankyou for the info.
I'll give Lansky a call/message and ask.
I found this awesome car seat that suits 2yo and up but it is only available in the UK, such a shame as it is exactly what we need for getting around easily in California.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Urban-Kang...P&qid=1573544669&s=merchant-items&sr=1-1&th=1

** Just an Update, I contacted Lansky they don't do San Diego. Only LA and Anaheim. I also contacted Legoland to ask about the locker sizes. They told me that the shop outside the park will hold our carseat for us - no need to use a locker - amazing! But I think we have now decided to stay at the Legoland resort for a few nights so just waiting to hear back from Seaworld about their locker sizes.
Do you know which shop? We are currently in San Diego and heading to Legoland next week, this sounds like a great solution.

I also contacted Legoland to ask about the locker sizes. They told me that the shop outside the park will hold our carseat for us - no need to use a locker - amazing! But I think we have now decided to stay at the Legoland resort for a few nights so just waiting to hear back from Seaworld about their locker sizes.

From what I have read the SD Zoo does something similar. I would not be surprised if Sea World does it as well.

I haven't been back to San Diego for 10+ years but when DH and I went we loved it.
We have decided to return to Disneyland and San Diego next November, but now we have two kids. The kids will be 2 and 4.5 when we go.
We know we can use a portable booster for our older DD but the younger one needs a car seat. Neither of us drive so we need to rely on transport to get us to where we want to go.

We will be visiting Seaworld, Lego Land, San Diego Zoo and a few other places that we can walk to.
We know we can get the HOHO trolley to the Zoo as we did that before, but we are stuck on how to get to Seaworld and Lego Land. I'm guessing that we can get some kind of private transfer but I have no idea where to start, last trip we got stung BAD with a terrible transport company that we prepaid for so I am scared of that happening again.
If we take an Uber we would need to take a carseat with us which is fine but what do we do with it when we get to the parks? I am sure the lockers wouldn't be big enough to keep one in.

Does anyone have any advice?
So having been here this week with a tiny person. Save yourself some cash on the HOHO trolley to the zoo and just take the #7 bus. $6/day for a bus/trolley pass per adult. Kids under 5 ride free. It was clean and fast.

THanks Becca but we don't usually do hte bus, I don't carry cash and never have the right change. It becomes frustrating for myself and the people on the bus when I can't get it right!

So just for reference if anyone else asks.
The Zoo does have carseat storage as well as luggage storage it costs $15 and is unlimited and is at the front of the park.
Seaworld are still getting back to me on the carseat storage but their largest locker is 18"W, 24"H and 27.2"D

THanks Becca but we don't usually do hte bus, I don't carry cash and never have the right change. It becomes frustrating for myself and the people on the bus when I can't get it right!

So just for reference if anyone else asks.
The Zoo does have carseat storage as well as luggage storage it costs $15 and is unlimited and is at the front of the park.
Seaworld are still getting back to me on the carseat storage but their largest locker is 18"W, 24"H and 27.2"D
The bus now has a phone app “compass cloud” to buy your tickets. It was super simple. I bought my tickets and just showed the phone to the driver. You can even text the bus stop number to find out the next bus time.
I know riding the bus isn’t for everyone but I figured I would put the info out there as someone in the future might search for it here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!