San Diego Zoo or Sea World??

jacobsmommy

DIS Veteran
Which would be better for a three year old? After our three days at DL we want two of our San Diego days to be beach/relaxing days and just one park day in San Diego.

Well I don't have a three year old any more (17 & 18 now)...but I love Sea World, I was there on a "girls only trip" this past October and my nieces gf brought her 4 year old along and she loved Sea World. She loved to be able to feed the dolphins, and see the sharks.

Sea World. More interactive, less walking (there's a ton of walking at the zoo!), and probably a more novel experience, if you go to zoo's at all in your area.

I actually haven't been to either of those, but I would definitely recommend the San Diego Wild Animal Park. It's MUCH different than any zoo I've been to, and much better than any zoo in my opinion. It just feels so open and the animals feel more natural in their surroundings.

If you go, the tram ride is an absolute must. That's where you get to see the most animals in their native habitats.

I would pick sea world, although we love the zoo there also. We have a great zoo in our town so sea world is more fun for us. I would not recommend the Wild Animal Park for a 3 year old, on the tram ride all the aminals are in the natural habitat, and it is difficult for small kids to see the animals and understand what they are looking at.

I, too, would recommend Sea World, although I won't go because the whole Whale in a cage thing bothers me. It has a kid's play area that has areas geared to the little ones. The shows are fun and there is complimentary beer tasting in the hospitallity center!!
The zoo is awesome and unbelievable and not to be missed...but a three year old will run out of steam pretty quickly. So, if the trip is to keep the 3 year old happy, Sea world, if not quite as important, the Zoo. It would be a crime to come to San Diego and not see the zoo.
Another poster suggested the "Wild Animal Park". Again, not to be missed as an adult, or older kid...a three year old will like the Merry-go-round...actually I think it is officially a Carousel and the Lorikeet landing, but my daughter who is now 6 has just recently liked the tram ride and she is an animal enthusiast. So FANTASTIC...but your youngster might be a bit fussy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter