Sanaa or Jiko?

I agree with some of the others that you really can't go wrong with either. Since you're doing Tiffins for lunch, I may give the nod to Sanaa just for a more casual non-signature experience. But otherwise, go where the menu compels you as both are among the best restaurants on property.

I agree with some of the others that you really can't go wrong with either. Since you're doing Tiffins for lunch, I may give the nod to Sanaa just for a more casual non-signature experience. But otherwise, go where the menu compels you as both are among the best restaurants on property.

I was kind of pondering Sanaa for that reason - as well as it seems more Indian and Jiko kind of feels like a slight variation on Tiffins from looking at the menus...

Hmm... Just when I think I've decided. (A met a friend who lives in the WDW area for coffee today since she's visiting her parents for a long weekend, and she just laughed and said "I'm not believing where you're eating until I see check-ins and pictures" because I've changed things so much. LOL. She was teasing though because she changes a lot as well.)

Jiko for us. We enjoyed the Sanaa bread service, but our meals were pretty blah there (and I was super sad about it). Jiko was absolutely perfect. Everyone's experience will be different, though. I am pretty sure that you would have a great time either way.

Absolutely agree, while so many posters love Sanaa we did not. Bread service was good, yes, but all the dips were spicy and dd cannot eat spicy food. And the food, dd's kid's burger was burnt and my salad did not impress me during the meal (or after).

Jiko is one of our favorites on property. Their filet is still the best. We love sitting at the open kitchen knows as the "Cooking Place"...but it's tough to get, timing is everything;)

Hi,

I'm re-reading all these postings because I'm trying to decide on Jiko or Sanaa for April. Should you be dressed up to go to Jiko? Sanaa seems more casual. Can you walk to Sanaa from AKL?

Thanks

Jiko is a little more formal. I've seen people in suits, but generally business casual or polo and jeans. Generally not t-shirts.
Have not eaten at Sanaa yet, but my take is its a little more casual.
Outside of Victoria and Alberts, no restaurant is extremely formal.

Agree with most of the others on this thread that you won't go wrong with either choice. I'd also pick according to what appealed to me on the menu.

However, I might think twice about doing Tiffins on the same day as either of these because its a similar style of food.

Thanks all! I have decided (for now) anyway to go with Jiko. I had been leaning Sanaa because I’m gluten-free and it looked like it had more options, but multiple reports I’ve read have said that they were able to get, say, the fillet with a different side than the macaroni, which is the only reason that dish isn’t marked gluten-free.

Just gives me another reason to go back - go to Sanaa. :)

I believe when we were at Jiko they brought me an "allergy" menu with GF & vegetarian options. Many of the full service restaurants have those now.

I believe when we were at Jiko they brought me an "allergy" menu with GF & vegetarian options. Many of the full service restaurants have those now.

Yes, I've seen the menus. Sanaa still had more options than Jiko.

At this point I've got Tusker House towards park closing for that quiet walk out after. We'll see what I 100% end up with after my first full day at AK though. :)

Still haven't eaten at Sanaa yet but gosh I love the food and service at Jiko's. Another vote for reading each menu and making a decision based on your wants.

Sanaa is good. Jiko is fabulous and was our favorite meal of our trip that included several other signature restaurants.

Jiko is a dining experience...just make sure you understand that going in. This isn't just a signature restaurant but a really well done fine dining establishment. This to me is on the lines of Monsieur Paul...really great food, excellent service, etc. IMO, Sanaa is better for lunch. Stick with Jiko.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter