• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SAP+ ?

Seller backed out of the 30pt BWV (so only 25pt now), so i'm somewhat relieved. lol
Back on the hunt for CCV/BLT.!!
I hate it when they do that! That’s usually means one spouse wanted to sell and the other (or kids) didn’t want to.

The seller still has to pay the agents commission and title fees…. so it just cost them money to put their contract up for sale….

I hate it when they do that! That’s usually means one spouse wanted to sell and the other (or kids) didn’t want to.

The seller still has to pay the agents commission and title fees…. so it just cost them money to put their contract up for sale….
And i don't really need the points right now anyway, so its fine for me, just was excited to get more than 25, but less than 50. :)
Another will come around at some point and prices may keep falling on 2042 resorts.

Missed the definition…. What is the acronym SAP+ ? Maybe Supplemental Annual Points?
SAP = sleep around points, SAP+ = sleep around points plus AKA points with a somewhat desirable home resort that you enjoy staying at but also don't feel bad about using at at other resorts

Compare this to points purchased at Beach Club or Grand Californian which have extremely valuable home resort priorities but are also extremely expensive and are therefore terrible to use at other resorts.

Sleep Around Points at a more premium location (not just the cheapest)
SAP = sleep around points, SAP+ = sleep around points plus AKA points with a somewhat desirable home resort that you enjoy staying at but also don't feel bad about using at at other resorts

Compare this to points purchased at Beach Club or Grand Californian which have extremely valuable home resort priorities but are also extremely expensive and are therefore terrible to use at other resorts.
Good explanations. I guess we never really made an official description, just kinda had to be there during the discussion to understand it. lol
Also good idea to explain SAP before you add the "+".

SSR = the best SAP points. Cheap purchase price and cheap dues, points you would plan on using at 7 months at anywhere with availability (most likely an upgrade from SSR)
CCV, BLT = SAP+ points. Cheap purchase price, cheap dues, but also with great locations (technically Poly & VGF are in the great location & cheap dues group as well, but with a higher purchase price) I guess Subsidized Aulani as well. I just think the dues are going to surpass others in the near future.

SAP cheapest points to use anywhere.
SAP+ cheap points w/ location factor.

Had to run the BLT numbers just to see. Too funny. lol

BLT @ $130 = $13,000 / 35 = $371.43
$3.71 + $7.59 = $11.30ppp

CCV - $11.29 (SAP+)
BLT - $11.30 (SAP+)
SSR - $11.31 (SAP)
VGF - $11.33 (SAP+)
Poly - $11.70 (SAP+)

*edited to add Poly & VGF*
Poly @ $146 = $14,600 / 42 = $347.62
$3.47 + $8.23 = $11.70ppp

VGF @ $160 = $16,000 / 40 = $400
$4.00 + $7.33 = $11.33ppp
I had to go way, way, way back to find these numbers, but BLT and CCV have dropped another $15-20 from these numbers (and SSR has not dropped much, though you see the occasional deal)— so while I personally am too lazy to run the math, I think a good deal on CCV/BLT might work out to be .50c a year lower each year than SSR. Paying $100 less on 200 points to be at BLT/CCV is not too shabby!

I hope I’m wrong, but I think BLT is going to get more popular as PVB and VGF start to absorb the impact of Poly Tower (and BLT gets a facelift). We are local to DLR and mostly visit the non-castle parks in WDW (and already own VGF) but if I didn’t have more VGF than I needed, I’d be buying BLT.

I had to go way, way, way back to find these numbers, but BLT and CCV have dropped another $15-20 from these numbers (and SSR has not dropped much, though you see the occasional deal)— so while I personally am too lazy to run the math, I think a good deal on CCV/BLT might work out to be .50c a year lower each year than SSR. Paying $100 less on 200 points to be at BLT/CCV is not too shabby!

I hope I’m wrong, but I think BLT is going to get more popular as PVB and VGF start to absorb the impact of Poly Tower (and BLT gets a facelift). We are local to DLR and mostly visit the non-castle parks in WDW (and already own VGF) but if I didn’t have more VGF than I needed, I’d be buying BLT.
I think it’s the best “value” right now… especially if you don’t want to jump on a boat or bus.

I want to love BLT.. I really do for all the reasons cited above and the value. The vibes I got there just don't do it for me.
That’s why the points are so cheap now. It’s not about “loving it”, it’s about value for location, room size, and dues.

Let’s see how it looks after the remodel. If they get it right, the resale price could skyrocket by $40pp….

I want to love BLT.. I really do for all the reasons cited above and the value. The vibes I got there just don't do it for me.
That’s why the points are so cheap now. It’s not about “loving it”, it’s about value for location, room size, and dues.

Let’s see how it looks after the remodel. If they get it right, the resale price could skyrocket by $40pp….
I agree with all. It’s the value and that could change. And with availability being a bigger issue it kind of puts CCV at a higher value.
I do run the numbers once in a while based on contracts that are actually available, but it may be due again. (maybe use the price tool for an avg 100 points)

I’m in no need to acquire points before the end of the year, but I feel like I should stack up my SAP+ before the price goes back up or ROFR comes alive.
For me it’ll most likely come down to the best deal I find and UY, etc. regardless if CCV or BLT.

I agree with all. It’s the value and that could change. And with availability being a bigger issue it kind of puts CCV at a higher value.
I do run the numbers once in a while based on contracts that are actually available, but it may be due again. (maybe use the price tool for an avg 100 points)

I’m in no need to acquire points before the end of the year, but I feel like I should stack up my SAP+ before the price goes back up or ROFR comes alive.
For me it’ll most likely come down to the best deal I find and UY, etc. regardless if CCV or BLT.
So… another 100 points at BWV 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter