Sara and Ryan's Disney Dream Wedding Voyage 9/26-9/30, 2016

BelleBrideDCL

Earning My Ears
Hi! I've been following a few other DCL brides on here and have found so much inspiration that I thought I'd start my own journal! I'm so excited for our dis wedding on the Disney Dream Sept 26th-30th 2016! We plan to get married on Castaway Cay during the scheduled port stop on Sept 28th. I've loved what I've seen from other brides and hope to share my experiences over the next 18 months.

To give you a little background...

My DF and I met about 4.5 years ago while we were both getting our graduate degrees in Iowa. He finished his degree that same year and got an amazing job out of state. Unfortunately I had almost 4 more years to go! We managed to stay happily together for the next few years while doing the long distance thing and finally I was able to join him this past August. It has been so nice finally being able to spend each day together! I couldn't have been more thrilled when he popped the question in February.

My DF immediately knew he was interested in getting married on a cruise. He LOVES cruising! I do too, but I don't think anyone can top his excitement for a huge boat. I was uncertain but we started looking into different options. Originally we had thought about getting married on a Royal Caribbean ship; however, after looking at their wedding options I was far from impressed. Then, after catching a re-run of a Disney Cruise Line program on the Travel Channel (I'm a sucker and will always watch the Disney shows on Travel Channel), I started looking into DCL weddings and was thrilled! The options and customer service seemed much better than other cruise lines. I was even happier when I realized we could get married on CC and have the true feel of a destination wedding. We also like that our guests don't have to worry about any thing else than the cruise fare and flights. We are huge foodies and love the dining experience on a cruise and we can't wait to have multiple meals with our wedding guests.

Welcome! Your story is so awesome 4 years of long distance that most of been hard but you know its True Love when you can work through that! and no one can beat a Disney Cruise they are truly amazing and I also am guilty of watching re-run Disney episodes on the Travel Channel they are awesome and always get me ready to vacation! I have found the boards so helpful in planning my wedding my PJ is linked if you want to check it out I started planning extremely early and its so helpful to help alleviate some stress! Looking forward to hearing all about your plans!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Thank you! I will head over to your PJ tomorrow. It'll be great to read through your journey. You are so close to your sail date! That's amazing!

My DF always thinks I'm crazy, but I can't change the channel when those shows are on.

Thank you! I will head over to your PJ tomorrow. It'll be great to read through your journey. You are so close to your sail date! That's amazing!

My DF always thinks I'm crazy, but I can't change the channel when those shows are on.

It went by so quick yours will be here before you know it!

Yay! Another DCL wedding to follow along! :jumping1:

I'm planning my Castaway Cay wedding now too!
We have ours booked for the April 18th - April 22nd sailing on the Disney Dream!

I cant wait to hear about your plans!

Yay! Another DCL wedding to follow along! :jumping1:

I'm planning my Castaway Cay wedding now too!
We have ours booked for the April 18th - April 22nd sailing on the Disney Dream!

I cant wait to hear about your plans!

Thanks! I'm jealous you are just a year out :P I'll be following along with you too!

Hi Sara, Congratulations! There are so many 2016 cruise brides here! I really gotta start my PJ here soon. Can't wait to hear more from you!

Hello!

I have been a very bad bride and have neglected by planning journal. Since my last post the DF and I have moved to a new state, bought a house and both started new jobs. That may sound like a lot, but luckily the transition(s) have been smooth and we are enjoying our new life together.

I have lots of updates so I'm hopeful I will be able to share more with everyone now that things have settled!

Thank you all for following along, so far!

Update #1 Wedding Invitations!

One of the ways I like to relax is to craft, so I knew I would be DIY-ing my wedding invites. I was so inspired by other travel brides (and Pintrest) that I finally decided on a vintage travel boarding pass and envelope sleeve for the invite. Since we have the wedding website, I skipped the save the dates and went straight ahead for the formal invitation.

Here are a few photos of the components of the invite:
upload_2016-3-29_12-2-16.png

upload_2016-3-29_12-2-25.png

upload_2016-3-29_12-2-35.png

upload_2016-3-29_12-1-57.png
(Ignore the offside printing on the envelope, this was a practice one and I figured out how to make the border print straight. I forgot to take a pic of a good envelope, though!)

I love how they turned out!

DF and I were even able to take a "practice cruise" in January (I'll give you an update about this amazing trip later on) and mailed some of our invites from Castaway Cay. I'm sure we are the only two people who cared if we had the Castaway Cay postmark and Bahamian stamps, but we thought it was neat and added to the travel theme.

you invitations are gorgeous!!
I would have never guessed they were DIY!

I absolutely love the idea of mailing some of them from Castaway Cay!!
I live for little details like that!!
I can't wait to see more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter