Saratoga Springs: Things only an owner would notice

rutgers1

DIS Veteran
This thread is dedicated to those DVC and Disney nuts who dive a bit deeper into their Disney vacations than the average Joe. They are the people who notice things like the quality of silverware at the restaurant , the flushing power of the toilet, hidden Mickeys, and little nooks/crannies of the resort that others might miss. If you are one of those people, please contribute to the thread.

Things to post:
1) photos of places at the resort that others might miss
2) commentary on obscure elements of the resort
3) tips for making the most of a stay at this resort

Recently, I satyed at SSR using developer points, with stays that were a month apart.

Our rooms on both trips were studios that were connected to a one bedroom.

Trip #1: March 5-8, we stayed in The Paddock, the building closet to the Congress Park bus stop.

Trip #2: April 5-10, we stayed in Grandstand, in the building closest to the bus stop and our room overlooked the pool.

Two things I noticed about each room. Both were non-handicapped accessable studios, that were connected to a one bedroom. However within each the layout was different. Overall the layout was the same, but in the Paddock studio, the bathroom door was directly across from the closet door, int he vanity area, which meant that anyone who went in and out of the bathroom distrubed the person at the vanity. In the Grandstand studio, the bathroom door was in the same area as the entry door and door that connected to the one bedroom (the foyer).

Also the bed was higher in the Paddock room compared to the Grandstand room we were in. I only noticed, becasue the Paddock room's bed was so comfy, and I was thinking of that bed when we went back for our April trip and was disappointed.

Also our Paddock room had a mirror/shelf/hook thing to hang stuff on in the foyer, but the Grandstand room had nothing.

Just minor things, but they were noticeable. No they didn't ruin my vacation, it was just odd to find differences int he same resort, although given the size of SSR, i can certainly understand that the building were likely built months apart.

I also learned that at any resort I like to be off the ground floor (our Paddock studio was on the ground, compared to our Grandstand studio). If I ever stay at SSR again, I will request that specific Grandstand studio -- had an awesome view that was so relaxing and dreamy at night. And at any resort, I pool view and being higher up is worth it.

On my trip last week to SSR I took these pictures of the winter, summer, spring and autumn statues:

253-1.jpg

254.jpg

255.jpg

256.jpg

I have been to SSR 5 times and just figured out that there is a back door to the Artists Palette that leads to the boat dock. I had always walked around the building to the lobby door and through.

you would have to be a owner just to find the boat dock :lmao: don't get me wrong i love the place but common scense didn't play a roll in the layout

you would have to be a owner just to find the boat dock :lmao: don't get me wrong i love the place but common scense didn't play a roll in the layout

I agree!

I have been to SSR 5 times and just figured out that there is a back door to the Artists Palette that leads to the boat dock. I had always walked around the building to the lobby door and through.

Where exactly? We've been twice and still not sure how to get there.

Nothing to contribute that I've noticed (only stayed once so far) but I would love to know where the statues are too!

As for the boat dock - we found it by using the trail to DTD WS because we love that pathway. It is quite hidden! And I would love to know where the door is from the back of AP?

I thought TC was sort of tucked away too which is a shame. We didn't get to eat there but I plan to next time. I hear it's a hidden treasure!

Here's mine:

You can order appetizers from Turf Club from the bar window. I love the Buffalo Bites and will often have those for lunch sitting in the lounge watching the boats dock.

I love how the front of the SSR buildings look like Victorian Dollhouses. The fronts are on the parking side so most people dont pay much attention, but at night, you can really see the detail.

I like how the different windows in the bldg hallways "frame" the scene outside. There are different shapes used, squares, oval, rectangles and if you ever take the time to look at them, they look like nature portraits.

The pools stay well lit at night. The main pool stays open after lifeguard hours with the exception of the slide.

The windows and sliders are truly soundproofed.

Community Hall offers scheduled activities from 10 am to 8pm. Most end activities at 4pm.

The first CH activity of the day normally takes place in the lobby of the Carriage House.

The bugle sounds on the hour and you can hear it all over the resort.

The statues are in the back of what I call building 2 in Congress Park. If you are on the walkway that would take you to DTD head the opposite way past the quiet pool on your right you will see them in a court yard in back of building 2.

I love how the children's play area look like little victorian dollhouses to match the SSR buildings. They are adorable!! :goodvibes

Go to the section where the clothing is and there is a hallway that leads past the TC and out the back door.

Yep, there are actually 2 back doors to the boat dock. The one that Sheribo posted and the other is off the TC lounge past the pool table, exit out that door and down the stairs for the boat dock.

Does anyone know how many fountains are at SSR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter