Saratoga Springs: Things only an owner would notice

Does anyone know how many fountains are at SSR?[/QUOTE]

popcorn::

As for the boat dock - we found it by using the trail to DTD WS because we love that pathway. It is quite hidden! And I would love to know where the door is from the back of AP?

We tried and tried to find the path to DTD that all the CM's told us about, but we only ever managed to find the DTD WS one! :laughing: It definately was not a well-trodden path - we were usually the only folks on it and we took that path a lot during our 2 week stay! :hippie:

The bugle sounds on the hour and you can hear it all over the resort.

I heard this one evening (about 10pm) as I was about to enter our building from the "side" entrance, just as I opened the door, the sprinklers came on! It thought it was a signal to let walkers know that they might get soaked if they didn't move quickly! :rotfl2:

Just thought of some tips of my own:

The back door to AP was locked at around 11pm, so if you took one of the last boats home from DTD, you had to walk around the building. Hopefully that save some of my Dis buds from going up and down those stairs for no reason when they're carrying all their souvies home. ;)

We stayed in the Paddock area in the building adjacent to the Carousel bus stop. This was a fab location as we didn't have too far to walk to the Carriage House and we always got a seat on the buses. :thumbsup2

Keep your eyes peeled when walking past the ponds/lakes. We were entertained several times during our vacation by otters playing by the water's edge. :goodvibes

And thanks to this thread, I now have loads to look out for on our next trip. :yay:

Thanks!

This is a great thread! Lots to check out on the next trip. :cool1: Keep them coming!

Recently, I satyed at SSR using developer points, with stays that were a month apart.

Our rooms on both trips were studios that were connected to a one bedroom.

Trip #1: March 5-8, we stayed in The Paddock, the building closet to the Congress Park bus stop.

Trip #2: April 5-10, we stayed in Grandstand, in the building closest to the bus stop and our room overlooked the pool.

Two things I noticed about each room. Both were non-handicapped accessable studios, that were connected to a one bedroom. However within each the layout was different. Overall the layout was the same, but in the Paddock studio, the bathroom door was directly across from the closet door, int he vanity area, which meant that anyone who went in and out of the bathroom distrubed the person at the vanity. In the Grandstand studio, the bathroom door was in the same area as the entry door and door that connected to the one bedroom (the foyer).

Also the bed was higher in the Paddock room compared to the Grandstand room we were in. I only noticed, becasue the Paddock room's bed was so comfy, and I was thinking of that bed when we went back for our April trip and was disappointed.

Also our Paddock room had a mirror/shelf/hook thing to hang stuff on in the foyer, but the Grandstand room had nothing.

Just minor things, but they were noticeable. No they didn't ruin my vacation, it was just odd to find differences int he same resort, although given the size of SSR, i can certainly understand that the building were likely built months apart.

I also learned that at any resort I like to be off the ground floor (our Paddock studio was on the ground, compared to our Grandstand studio). If I ever stay at SSR again, I will request that specific Grandstand studio -- had an awesome view that was so relaxing and dreamy at night. And at any resort, I pool view and being higher up is worth it.
We stayed at Paddock 2 years ago, and Grandstand this year. Both were 2 BR Villas. We noticed the same negligible differences as well. We actually thought the room at the Grandstand seems a bit smaller. The living area and kitchen in particular. As a whole they need to do something with those couches, man are they uncomfortable!!

I am enjoying this thread, too. One of the things we enjoy are the grills placed around the resort. They are always in such nice locations.

We have now stayed in all the "neighborhoods." I'm not sure that we have a favorite as each was pretty and convenient in its own way.

What a great thread! Before we bought in we stayed at SSR cash. We adored it. Were in the Paddock and it was perfect for our kids at the time. Thats the place that got us intrigued and then VGF the next year got us hooked. I forgot how much I like SSR and when it gets a refresh like BCV, its going to be hot, I hope. When youre on these forums sometimes its all about buy SSR becuase its cheap but never stay there. I think that's going to change.

Sort of on topic. If you are into Pokémon Go, my son and I fought and took over the gym by the road near the guard house out at the Carousel section. Our Pokémon stayed in the gym for 30 straight days!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter