Savannah and Eric's Memories Disney Wedding

I absolutely love your dress and love that it's a nontraditional color!
I'm a big big fan of nontraditional colors for wedding dresses!
I went with a blush pink for mine :-)
I also love your selection of clutches!
I really like the first and third ones!
The gold in the third one is stunning and both colors would look beautiful with your dress!
I cant wait to see what else you decide on! :goodvibes

I absolutely love your dress and love that it's a nontraditional color!
I'm a big big fan of nontraditional colors for wedding dresses!
I went with a blush pink for mine :-)
I also love your selection of clutches!
I really like the first and third ones!
The gold in the third one is stunning and both colors would look beautiful with your dress!
I cant wait to see what else you decide on! :goodvibes

Thank you so much! I looked at blush but just fell in love with this aqua color. I love anything bright, and think this will be great on the beach.

I am still in job-search limbo waiting to here back on the "Denver Dream Job", but am working wedding stuff in the mean time. I am planning on having two cakes during our trip:
First, a wedding cake served during our after-ceremony meal at Olivia's. I am planning on a 1-tier Mickey's Delight, something like this:
cake 1.jpg

Only without the banner. It with marble cake with white chocolate mousse. I surprised Eric with a cake when we went on our Easter trip, and we both love that flavor combo.

I also want to get him a groom's cake for our dinner at Ohana the night before the wedding (fingers crossed for my ADR day!) and am wanting to do something Star Wars themed, like these:

cake 2.png cake 3.jpg

I'm debating the flavor, but am thinking either red velvet with cream cheese or amaretto mousse, or chocolate cake with peanut butter cup mousse. Any other suggestions?

I've got my ADR plan almost figured out, and am beyond that I get to book my wedding NEXT WEEK!

I love, love the Chewie cake! I think red velvet with cream cheese would be good, and a nice complement to the marble wedding cake. :) My personal favorite Disney cake combo is almond with amaretto.

Good luck with your ADRs! And I hope you hear back about your job soon.

I also love the Chewie cake, so original. I am a fan of red velvet cream cheese but the almond and Amaretto sound amazing! I love anything almond flavoured so that would be my choice. Love the Mickey delight pattern, it is a classic.

Good luck with the job. Hope it works out

The Oasis blue looks fantastic on you!!!

So exciting to be so close to your booking date, eeeee!!! (by the by, I'll be arriving the day after your hoped for date, so I almost could have wedding stalked you ;) )

We are also going to MVMCP (this will be our first trip out to the World during Christmas too, sooooo excited)!!!

I love, love the Chewie cake! I think red velvet with cream cheese would be good, and a nice complement to the marble wedding cake. :) My personal favorite Disney cake combo is almond with amaretto.

Good luck with your ADRs! And I hope you hear back about your job soon.

Thank you! I love anything amaretto flavored.

I also love the Chewie cake, so original. I am a fan of red velvet cream cheese but the almond and Amaretto sound amazing! I love anything almond flavoured so that would be my choice. Love the Mickey delight pattern, it is a classic.

Good luck with the job. Hope it works out

Thanks! Hopefully I'll hear about the job today or tomorrow.

That Chewie cake is awesome!

I know Eric would love it - Chewie and Han are his favorite Star Wars characters.

The Oasis blue looks fantastic on you!!!

So exciting to be so close to your booking date, eeeee!!! (by the by, I'll be arriving the day after your hoped for date, so I almost could have wedding stalked you ;) )

We are also going to MVMCP (this will be our first trip out to the World during Christmas too, sooooo excited)!!!

Thank you - I was thinking purple would be the color I'd go with, but I just loved that one! How long will you be in the World for?

Still waiting on job news, and using my "free" time to look at wedding vendors. We're going to book Randy Chapman for our photographer, and add an hour of photos at the Boardwalk/Beach Club area to get pictures with all of the Christmas decorations there. I am super excited for those, and I love Randy's style.

I'm still looking at accessories and also hair and makeup styles. Right now, my hair is about shoulder length, and I'm trying to figure out if I'll need extensions for the wedding. I'm thinking hair either half up, or in a side pony. Something like these:
p101006.jpg 13.jpg image92.jpg

My hair grows really quickly, and is super thick, so hopefully I won't need them. I'm a bit of a fanatic about my look, so I'm probably going to be doing my hair and makeup myself.

The Chewy cake is super cute! And Amaretto, girl can I come to your wedding??!! LOL (love amaretto)

I want to do a cake for Kevin, but I was thinking more of a fish since he loves to fish. But I don't want to end up with a ton of cake leftover.

I love all your hair ideas.

Randy Chapman did my girlfriend's wedding. He was great!

I love the side ponytail with a flower (very pretty) but from what I can tell in pictures, I like you with your hair down so I am not sure. Either way you will look beautiful!

Thank you! I love anything amaretto flavored.

Thanks! Hopefully I'll hear about the job today or tomorrow.

I know Eric would love it - Chewie and Han are his favorite Star Wars characters.

Thank you - I was thinking purple would be the color I'd go with, but I just loved that one! How long will you be in the World for?

Still waiting on job news, and using my "free" time to look at wedding vendors. We're going to book Randy Chapman for our photographer, and add an hour of photos at the Boardwalk/Beach Club area to get pictures with all of the Christmas decorations there. I am super excited for those, and I love Randy's style.

I'm still looking at accessories and also hair and makeup styles. Right now, my hair is about shoulder length, and I'm trying to figure out if I'll need extensions for the wedding. I'm thinking hair either half up, or in a side pony. Something like these:
View attachment 99181 View attachment 99182 View attachment 99183

My hair grows really quickly, and is super thick, so hopefully I won't need them. I'm a bit of a fanatic about my look, so I'm probably going to be doing my hair and makeup myself.

We will be there for 6 nights/7 days! Is it bad that I'm already counting down the days til we leave, lol?

I like the third hair pic the best, personally. :)

The Chewy cake is super cute! And Amaretto, girl can I come to your wedding??!! LOL (love amaretto)

I want to do a cake for Kevin, but I was thinking more of a fish since he loves to fish. But I don't want to end up with a ton of cake leftover.

I love all your hair ideas.

Randy Chapman did my girlfriend's wedding. He was great!

I love the fish idea! We are eat-cake-for-breakfast-people with major sweet tooths, so I think we'll be good with all the cake!

I love the side ponytail with a flower (very pretty) but from what I can tell in pictures, I like you with your hair down so I am not sure. Either way you will look beautiful!

Thanks - I do tend to wear it down in "real life".

We will be there for 6 nights/7 days! Is it bad that I'm already counting down the days til we leave, lol?

I like the third hair pic the best, personally. :)

Almost the 180 day mark for us! That's a nice long trip!

Still no job news:( which just makes me sad and crazy. They are waiting on my background check to come back, and I am going crazy waiting for the phone to ring. I don't think I explained why I'm job hunting - I worked for almost 8 years in a corporate HR job. The first 6 years were great, and then I got a new boss who made my every single day a living hell. Sexist, and overly Christian, and just horrible to me while he adored and coddled the men in our department. I left work crying almost every day. So Eric and I came up with a plan that let me quit and job hunt and generally keep from having a nervous breakdown. We are good on money at least for the short term, and I've had several leads, including one that has gotten as far as the drug test and background check. So just waiting on an offer. This is a big reason we changed from Escape to Memories, and is totally worth it for us. I was in therapy for anxiety the job stress was so horrible. Thankful E has my back.

I think I finally have an ADR plan for the trip! We usually only to one TS meal per day, but I'm adding a couple more since this a mini-moon as well.

Thursday: Fly in, relax, mini-golf, dinner at O'Hana
Friday: Wedding, pictures with Randy, lunch at Olivia's, dinner at the Plaza
Saturday: HS park shoot (or Sunday if this doesn't work), Chef Mickey's breakfast, Mama Melrose for Fantasmic! Dinner package
Sunday: Brunch at Boma (not totally sold on this one. Maybe 1900 Park Fare instead? I'm open to ideas), DTD for a boatride on one of aqua cars at the Boathouse (my wedding present to E), Fly home

What do you think?

I love both the side ponytail and half-up/half-down looks.
I must say though, the half-up/half-down is my favorite, especially for you!
I'm a hairdresser and I absolutely LOVE when girls with thick hair have it half-up/half-down like that picture!
You're hair will have tons of body and bounce, like a VS model!
And with your dress...AMAZING!!​

Your ADR plan sounds great to me. The only thing I can't comment on is Olivia's and Mama Melrose as I have never been. Will you have a car? Boma is a great brunch with amazing food but if you don't have a car, it can be daunting to get there, although you could always taxi over. If you do have a car, stick to Boma's. I love dining in AKL. Just seeing that lobby and walking around the grounds after the meal is so pleasant and make great photo ops.

I love both the side ponytail and half-up/half-down looks.
I must say though, the half-up/half-down is my favorite, especially for you!
I'm a hairdresser and I absolutely LOVE when girls with thick hair have it half-up/half-down like that picture!
You're hair will have tons of body and bounce, like a VS model!
And with your dress...AMAZING!!​

Thank you! I like the half-up idea the best, too I think. I could add some fun clip or comb to it.

Your ADR plan sounds great to me. The only thing I can't comment on is Olivia's and Mama Melrose as I have never been. Will you have a car? Boma is a great brunch with amazing food but if you don't have a car, it can be daunting to get there, although you could always taxi over. If you do have a car, stick to Boma's. I love dining in AKL. Just seeing that lobby and walking around the grounds after the meal is so pleasant and make great photo ops.

Good point! We won't have a car, and that could take a long time. I may humor Eric and go to Fultons - he remembers going there with his parents as a kid when it was a character meal, so he might enjoy seeing it now. I'm mostly vegetarian, but I'm sure I can find something there.

I get to go to Nashville on Monday for a job interview!!! While Denver was our first choice, this job would be very cool for me, working for a medium size company. Nashville also seems like a cheaper place to live, which would be nice.

And Thursday is our booking day, which is super super exciting! I can't believe we are only 6 months away -so crazy. One thing I am focusing on is getting in better shape. I've been a runner since I did my first half in Disney in 2010, but have cut back the major training in the past year. I did a 50k in 2014, and the crazy training plus all the job stress of the past year burned me out a little bit. I need to back into "fighting shape". I've started back wearing my fitbit - anyone want to be fitbit friends?

I'm going to do "Before" photos on my 6 month day, and that way I can also use this to track monthly fitness changes!

Thank you! I like the half-up idea the best, too I think. I could add some fun clip or comb to it.

Good point! We won't have a car, and that could take a long time. I may humor Eric and go to Fultons - he remembers going there with his parents as a kid when it was a character meal, so he might enjoy seeing it now. I'm mostly vegetarian, but I'm sure I can find something there.

I get to go to Nashville on Monday for a job interview!!! While Denver was our first choice, this job would be very cool for me, working for a medium size company. Nashville also seems like a cheaper place to live, which would be nice.

And Thursday is our booking day, which is super super exciting! I can't believe we are only 6 months away -so crazy. One thing I am focusing on is getting in better shape. I've been a runner since I did my first half in Disney in 2010, but have cut back the major training in the past year. I did a 50k in 2014, and the crazy training plus all the job stress of the past year burned me out a little bit. I need to back into "fighting shape". I've started back wearing my fitbit - anyone want to be fitbit friends?

I'm going to do "Before" photos on my 6 month day, and that way I can also use this to track monthly fitness changes!

Yay, booking day! :woohoo:
Good luck on that job interview:thumbsup2
Wow, you did a 50K! You are good! I am a really bad runner. Actually I hate anything involving cardio.:rotfl: I cramp up after the first five min.
I joined karate a year ago with the kids and that keeps me in top shape. I still get a workout without thinking I am doing cardio. I also weight train twice a week which is my favourite sport and it keeps me strong and lean. Anyway I am backing you on the whole "getting back in shape" thing!
Good luck:cheer2:

Wow, 2 days away from booking day! :cheer2: So exciting!

Good luck on your interview! And with your running. It's easy to get burnt out sometimes. I know it's pretty much blasphemous among runners, but I like to do the majority of my runs inside on the treadmill. Why? So I can watch Netflix while I do it! It's one way I stay motivated, haha.

I got the job!!! Everything around here is crazy as we prepare to move to Denver!!

SUPER FREAKING YAY!!!!!

Wait, I thought you were moving to Nashville?? Anyways, YAY!!

I commend you ladies sticking to the exercise regimen's. That is one of my biggest issues with any kind of health/fit stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter