Say Hello to Isaac, Your Bartender: 2019: Running Together and in Love!

Here's last week's Weekly Log...

• Monday 7/24 - Rest Day
  • Tuesday 7/25 - Easy B, 2 miles at 16:32 pace. This was a solid run despite the fact that I've only run a couple of times since February!
  • Wednesday 7/26 - Rest Day. The BF finally returns from his trip to the Dominican. It's been almost 2 weeks since I've seen him. :(
  • Thursday 7/27 - Tempo Run, 1.5 miles at 15:11 pace. About 40 seconds slower pace than called for but I've lost some fitness after not running for a few months. No date night. :( He had to take his mom to the airport.
  • Friday 7/28 - Easy A, 2 miles at 16:38 pace. Went too fast on the first mile by far, but slowed it down on the second. Payday!
  • Saturday 7/29 - Easy B, 3.5 miles at 15:41 pace. Too fast, I know, but it was the first time running with my BF and it took a little while to feel comfortable going so much slower than his pace. He would sometimes run ahead and wait for me to catch up and sometimes just walk next to me while I ran. :rotfl2: We saw Atomic Blonde. I'd give it 3 pooh:pooh:pooh: out of 5. If you like Charlize Theron and 80's music, then it might be for you.
  • Sunday 7/30 - Rest Day. I was so sore from yesterday I rested instead of doing the long run. I have mixed feelings about it but I made my decision. We saw Fast Times at Ridgemont High at the theater. It was like a private screening there were so few people there. I was pretty disgusted when a family walked out 20 minutes into the movie. Who brings a kid to a film with adult themes like that?

Weekly Log Completed:

• Monday 7/31 - Rest Day.
  • Tuesday 8/1 - Easy B, 2.5 miles at 16:32 pace. Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit!
  • Wednesday 8/2 - Tempo Run, 1 mile at 14:24 pace. I was scheduled for 1.5 but I was struggling when the mile marker rolled around. I cut it short instead of slowing down.
  • Thursday 8/3 - Rest Day. Horrible day at work. :furious:
  • Friday 8/4 - Easy A, 2.5 miles at 16:50 pace. I started my weekly weigh-ins again. Ugh. Not a pretty sight. I'm 9lbs under the highest weight I've ever clocked in at.
  • Saturday 8/5 - No run. I woke up with a huge headache. Turns out it was a sense of foreboding. :headache: I was still smarting from work and had just an OK date with the 'BF'.
  • Sunday 8/6 - Long Run, scheduled for 5 miles, but ended up doing 1.8 at 16:10 pace. This whole morning was a cluster. I left the 'BF's' house early and went home and changed to go meet him to run. He assumed I knew where the trail was. I didn't. 45 min later we started running after I finally got there. We only had time for a couple of miles before he had someplace to be. I suppose I could've gone back and finished but I didn't.
Not a stellar week to say the least!

Last edited:
This week's gotta be better than the last...right? :crazy2:

Weekly Log in progress:

• Monday 8/7 - Rest Day. So, without too much gory detail, the 'BF' dumped me. By text. Jerk. Moving on...
  • Tuesday 8/8 - Easy B, 2 miles at 16:01 pace. I only had time for 2 miles instead of 2.5, but I'm proud of myself for getting out there and doing it after the emotional upheaval I just went through. I actually felt good while I ran. I think my body is getting back into the groove.
  • Wednesday 8/9 - Tempo Run, 1.5 miles at 14:02 pace. I made it the whole distance and feel great! I'm getting back on the horse...I'm talking with another guy this morning.
  • Thursday 8/10 - Rest Day.
  • Friday 8/11 - Easy A, 2.5 miles at 16:27 pace. I have the day off from work since the 'BF' and I were supposed to take a trip to Lake Tahoe. :rolleyes2 However...I have a date scheduled! Weigh-in results: I lost 2lbs!
  • Saturday 8/12 - Easy B, 4.5 miles at ... pace.
  • Sunday 8/13 - Long Run, 6 miles at ... pace.

Last edited:

Ugh. Sorry to hear about the BF text dumping. Total jerk move! Great job getting out there today and running though. I find running does wonders for me emotionally and mentally was well as physically! :hug:

Ugh. Sorry to hear about the BF text dumping. Total jerk move! Great job getting out there today and running though. I find running does wonders for me emotionally and mentally was well as physically! :hug:

Thank you!!! I agree it was a d$#! move. But somehow that makes it easier to accept. Like I dodged a bullet. Ever forward...

Catching up on your journal today! Great work getting out there running so much.

And all I have to say about the jerk-move dumping text is:
"Find someone who looks at you the way Chip looks at you in your avatar"

*sweeps away dust bunnies*

Oh, hello there!

It has been awhile since I've been in a running groove enough to feel like I should post here. To be frank, I'm not quite there yet but I'm stopping in just the same. 2017 was great in a lot of areas of personal growth, but not so much in the running and weight loss arena. Now is the time I need to find a balance and really just go for it and not let my mind get in the way. Because for me it's always my mind.

Weekly Log Complete:
  • Monday 2/5 - Rest Day.
  • Tuesday 2/6 - Didn't run.
  • Wednesday 2/7 - Didn't run.
  • Thursday 2/8 - Didn't run.
  • Friday 2/9 - Didn’t run. I did however have a bit of an epiphany. I signed up for a newsletter from Fit Bottomed Girls and one of the women’s stories really resonated with me. She talked about being constantly miserable because she didn’t love herself enough to treat herself how she would treat her best friend. I’ve come a long way in the past year thanks to a great therapist and hard work but I still hadn’t reached the point where I could say that I completely loved myself, flaws and all. Her story struck a chord and I finally accepted that IT’S OK not to be perfect. I’ve known this in my head for years but I’ve carried around so much guilt all of my life because I was never who I believed I should be...in looks or accomplishments, etc. It is such a relief to finally begin to let go of those unfair expectations that left me so frozen that I couldn’t move forward. Just showing myself the kindness and understanding I would show anyone else is so freeing and a wonderful feeling.
  • Saturday 2/10 - 1.5 miles at Easy B pace. I ran...and it was hard. But I did it and I feel fantastic. I am celebrating by getting my hair cut and colored. princess:
  • Sunday 2/11 - Didn’t run. NASCAR is back, baby!!! Yes, Alex Bowman on the pole for next Sunday’s Daytona 500! He’s in the 88, replacing Dale Jr since his retirement. Boo! Brad Keselowski won the Clash. His nickname is White Noise because he loves to hear himself talk/the other drivers just tune him out. Jeff Gordon famously called him a dip s#*!

Last edited:
Weekly Log Completed:
  • Monday 2/12 - Rest Day. I've been living with my grandmother for about a year to try to save money and because she's 85, half blind and a paranoid schizophrenic (lightly medicated). The last two months she's started going downhill and she's at the point where I don't think she can live alone anyway. She's paranoid about being penniless, the IRS listening to her phone calls, Social Security sending inspectors to evaluate her - just to list a few her delusions. This was a bad day because she got two bills in the mail and she completely lost it. I happened to be home since it was a county holiday so I was able to calm her down until my uncle arrived.
  • Tuesday 2/13 - Didn't run. My head is killing me today. Not sure if it's stress or what.
  • Wednesday 2/14 - Easy A, 2.5 Miles, completed. My back and shins were killing me for the first mile but they got better the further that I ran.
  • Thursday 2/15 - Didn't run. Whee!!! It's Duels day! The field will be set for the Daytona 500 by two 60 mile races. So weird to race on a Thursday and this year doesn't have any high drama since all 40 cars entered will make the show. I can't believe my guy - Jimmie Johnson - wrecked out in the first Duel race. That means he'll be in a backup car for Sunday's race. They say both cars are prepared equally, but we'll see...
  • Friday 2/16 - Didn't run. I met a friend for dinner and chatted some sports and politics. Tried to explain why the flat tax is a horrible idea.
  • Saturday 2/17 - Didn’t run or get much done at all. Sigh. I needed to start cleaning out my old car which is a cesspool so I can sell it. I bought a new one last month and the old one has just been sitting.
  • Sunday 2/18 - Welp. I completed the Davis Stampede 5k and that’s about all I have to say about that. I’m happy I did it, don’t get me wrong, but it mainly showed me how far I have to go. Like, if I was playing Candy Land, I haven’t even reached the Rainbow Trail. I understand that everyone has to start somewhere...it’s just a hard place to be sometimes. After I picked up my medal (which will interlock with 3 others later) it was time for the second race of the day...the Daytona 500! I thought the racing overall was great although my driver crashed out early. After JJ went out I mostly rooted for Bubba Wallace, the young African-American kid driving for Richard Petty. He ended up finishing 2nd in his first start in the iconic 43 car as a full time driver. He was excited to say the least! I ended up getting to the theater too late to see my TCM classic so I ended up waiting around for a showing of Black Panther. It was very good and Michael B. Jordan was excellent in it. 4 out of 5 stars.

Last edited:
Weekly Log in Progress:
  • Monday 2/19 - Rest Day. My shins were a little sore after Sunday's 5k so I mostly rested. My lower back has been flaring up and I'm so hoping that stops as soon as I drop some weight. Trying to be better about my eating and cutting down on the beer. :sad:
  • Tuesday 2/20 - No run. Today I have a trainee at work. :crazy2: I will say it's nice to hear her compliment my skillz but I have things to do, people. ;)
  • Wednesday 2/21 - Easy B, 1 Mile. I had planned on 2 Miles but my tummy rebelled half way through. I will say that this was the easiest mile I have run yet since starting back, except for the bad stomach.
  • Thursday 2/22 - No run. So I went back on one of the online dating sites last night and I spent an embarrassing amount of time going thru pictures and then conversing with about 3 different guys, one of whom I'm pretty sure is a scammer portraying himself as a member of our military. :mad: No dates lined up yet though.
  • Friday 2/23 - Easy A, 2 Miles and Tempo, 1 Mile (planned)
  • Saturday 2/24 - Easy B, 4 Miles (planned)
  • Sunday 2/25 - Long Run, 5 Miles (planned)

Last edited:
:welcome: I thought I'd give this thread CPR one more time! :wave2:

As you might have surmised from the new thread title, my dating days are over for the foreseeable future. I finally found someone who looks at me like Chip looks at me in my avatar. That phrase has stuck with me ever since it was posted upthread. We've been together since July. Although there are obstacles (his ex, one of his kids) we couldn't be happier. Now that we have a solid foundation I thought it would be a good time to start running again. I floated the idea and he immediately wanted to run with me. His ex is a runner who never wanted him to be a part of it. He told me that all he was waiting for with her was an invitation. Now, I'm used to running solo and listening to podcasts and zoning out. So it's been an adjustment over the last couple of weeks learning to run with a partner. Luckily he's too groggy in the early morning to make conversation while I'm trying to get back the cardio that I've lost over the past year. :blush:

The plan is to finish up Couch to 5k (we're almost done with Week 4) and move on to the 5k to 10k app. We're moving through the program pretty quickly, running 5 or 6 days a week instead of 3. Our goal race is the Gold Country Half in May with a few smaller races thrown in between to help prepare. The first one is the Super Sunday Run on Superbowl Sunday. It's a 5k which will help introduce him to the raceday ins and outs. I've plotted out all of our training runs up until our goal race so we're ready to jam. Of course I expect some small rejiggering here and there but it's amazing how much easier it is to get up in the morning when there's someone to hold me accountable. I'll make excuses to myself much more easily than I will with him. Now to keep from getting sick!

Thanks to everyone who has given me support - past, present and future too! Everything has come together to create this moment in time where I will succeed and conquer my goals, once and for all! :disrocks:

Now to keep from getting sick!

Welp. I got sick. I rang in the New Year with burning sinuses and a sore neck, jaw and teeth. I was laid out for most of yesterday but Gabe (the boyfriend) and I got up and ran this morning. Now I'm just draining and coughing. Nothing too serious, luckily. We're to the point in C25k where you start running for longer stretches before the walk breaks. I didn't seem to have trouble picking up where I left off. Tomorrow is just a straight 20 min run. I suppose I shouldn't say 'just'. I've run much longer distances in the past but restarting is difficult...not to mention lugging around all this extra weight. Since we moved in together in September I've lost 6lbs (yay!) but I'm still carrying waaaay too much for it not to be a drag when I run. I'll get there, I know it. For now I just put one foot in front of the other. :snail: BTW, I give Gabe a ton of credit for keeping to my pace. He's not a runner but he could easily pull ahead of me or act resentful over the slow pace. But he wants to have this experience as a couple and it's been great so far!

In lovey dovey :lovestruc news, Gabe surprised me with framed pictures of the two of us and flowers. I will upload pics soon.

Happy New Year to all! Here's to a magical 2019!!! pixiedust:

Happy Thursday! As if that's a thing. I'm still grumpily getting over being sick. :crazy2: This morning we finished Week 5 of Couch to 5k! I made it thru the 20 minute run without too much difficulty considering. Yes, I hacked up a lung after it was over for about a half an hour but I'm alright now. Other than the sickness the rest of my body is responding well to running again. No major soreness except for after the first run which didn't go away until we went out for Day 2. It was weird. My legs do feel heavy sometimes (because they are, hehe) during the runs but that seems to be easing as well.

Right now I'm registered for 2 races. The Super Sunday Run X 5k on February 3rd aka Superbowl Sunday. And my A race, the Gold Country Half on May 19th. By purchasing this season's Race Pass thru the Sacramento Running Association I'm prepaid for the SACTOWN Run on April 7th but I haven't registered yet because the distance choice is either 10 miles or 5k. Although everything is going great now I'm not completely positive we'll be on track for 10 miles by April. We shall see! There is another race series I'd love to incorporate into our training but Gabe plays goalie in one of his soccer leagues on Sunday mornings so I'm hesitant to ask him to give up even more games. I'm totally open to racing a couple by myself but I have a feeling he'd insist on joining me. The potential upside there is less chance for him to get injured during a game. He took a ball to the mouth a couple of weeks ago and split his lip wide open. :faint:

I decided that today would be the day that I resumed my Friday weigh-ins. :eek: I think I posted earlier that when my doctor weighed me a couple of weeks ago that I was down 6lbs. Add 4 more :jumping2: :jumping2:

So that makes a total of 10lbs lost since I moved in with Gabe. I hope our next place is as good to me! We've been apartment hunting this week since his lease is up next month. I really dislike moving but it's important to him to get a fresh start. He has some bad memories there - it's where he landed when the ex booted him from the house. Her loss, my gain!

Good job on the weight loss!

Thank you! It has been easy so far. I cut out a lot of bad restaurant food when I moved in with Gabe - he cooks almost every night. So those first 6 pounds were with very little exercise or intentional food limitation. The portions just naturally grew smaller over time even as my beer consumption rose. :drinking1

It's very simple for me. When I run, I lose weight. So the next 4lbs have been a byproduct of our morning runs the last few weeks. No difference in food or drink really. Well, slightly less beer over the past week because of the creeping crud that I'm still trying to get rid of.

Last week of C25k starting tomorrow morning. Finally. The trainer voice that I chose is soooo annoying. Interestingly the same 'trainer' on the 5k to 10k app is an older version and looks much different. She doesn't look like she was drawn by a teenage boy. We'll finish by running for 30 min each of the next 3 mornings. Saturday will be an off day because we're getting up early to drive to meet the extended family. I'm already beloved by his Mom and Dad so now it's time to meet everyone else. They've rented a taco truck for Saturday and Sunday we'll be visiting the beach and possibly a couple of breweries. His 9 year old daughter is coming with us (not to the breweries). Unfortunately his 12 year old son decided not to come because he's still 'uncomfortable' around me. Sigh. Regardless, it should be a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!