Saying Hello in EPCOT! =0)

Baloo

<font color="red"><br>Laughter is the bloom<br>of
Here's something fun we started when Erich was around 6yrs old.He's since taught his step brother Jonathan too.I thought y'all might enjoy it.

They practice saying hello in the WS languages before we go to WDW.The first time Erich was so excited about going to each country and talking to a CMs!The CM's seem to be really happy when you greet them in their native langauage!! So here's a few that I know!

Mexico...Hola (OH-lah)

Norway...god dag (goo-DAHG)

China...Ni hao (nee HOW)

Germany...gutten Tag (GOOT-en tahkh)Good Day

Italy...buon giornio (boo-on JOR-no)Good Day
or ciao (chow)hello or good bye

Japan...ohayo gozaimasu (oh-hi-yoh-goh goh-zy-ee-mahs) Good Morning

Morocco... Salam alekoum (sah-LAHM wah-LAY-koom)

France...Bonjour (bohn-ZHOOR)

There's also a place in Innoventions West Side that you can send an e-mail hello back to family and friends at home! Be sure to check out the IBM e-mail postcards while there! There was no wait while we were there this past October.The best thing is if ya don't like the picture it took you can keep taking one until you get it right!

Journey Into the Imagination also has several computers that you can send a photo and email greeting home.This is really fun because you can "play" with your picture.Turn yourselves into cartoons or animals.Personalize your greeting several different ways.

Enjoy! Ciao!
Alicia aka Lisa =0)

We have some newbies here so I just wanted to bump this up!

Can y'all tell this is one of our favorite things to do?!?! ;).... cause I'm bumping it again!!! :teeth:

Thank you for the languages. I will have to teach my DD how to say those when we go again. That would be nice to be able to say hello.

This is a cool idea! My oldest DS is into new languages since I speak to people from all around the globe for my job. He's always asking where I talked to after I worked then goes into school and tells the kids how to say things in other languages.

This would be a great way to reinforce his diversity. Thanks for the tip!:bounce:

beret.gif
stpaddy.gif
sword.gif
dreads.gif
bandit.gif
viking.gif
egypt1.gif

BUMP!!!:earsboy::earsgirl:

that when my kids were age 4+ I would do this starting several weeks before a WDW trip:
Put the name of each WS country on a piece of paper and place in a "hat". Each week the kids would pick a country from the hat. For that whole week we learned about that country. We went to the library and got books and videos, we learned a few words in the language ("hello"), and eat a sample of the food of the country (if available).
This really enhanced the kids enjoyment of the WS.

When I saw Rhony51 post about the passports I thought this idea went right along with it!

What a great idea!!! We will be there in 11 days!!!:Pinkbounc This will be fun for the kids. I have 2 boys.. 5 (will be 6 june 13) and 2 (will be 3 june 20). My 2 yr old loves to talk! I know he will enjoy the new languages! I better get started tho.. don't have much time left..... yippeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc

:earsboy:WELCOME to the DIS DizzieDizney:earsboy:

I hope y'all have a magical trip!!!

What a great idea with the ways to say hello! I know my DD's will get a kick out of it (I will too!).:wave:

Gotta bump this up.... Excellent idea! I can't wait to finally visit the Showcase.

M:smooth:

Wow... what a great idea! My kids are gonna have a ball learning them!

Thanks so much Baloo!!!

:)

Awesome idea! I love the thought of highlighting a country each week and learning a little about each. Let's see....that's 11 countries right? So for our trip out in December, I'll need to start in September, or maybe even August. Times well with the start of the new school year. I can feel the wheels turning already :)

:earsboy: WELCOME to the DIS Merija3!!! :earsboy:

KSgirl...love that idea!I homeschooled Erich for kindergarten and we did countries during the Olympics that year.We had dinners to go along with what country we were doing that week.Erich is really into science and nature so he found animals from whatever country we were studying...oh and of course a Disney character from there too! :teeth:

Looks like you forgot our Neighbors to the North:

Canada...Hello, eh! (he-LOH AY)

(When you grow up with Canadian TV, you get a little silly :jester: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!