Saying Hello in EPCOT! =0)

Here's something fun we started when Erich was around 6yrs old.He's since taught his step brother Jonathan too.I thought y'all might enjoy it.

They practice saying hello in the WS languages before we go to WDW.The first time Erich was so excited about going to each country and talking to a CMs!The CM's seem to be really happy when you greet them in their native langauage!! So here's a few that I know!

Mexico...Hola (OH-lah)

Norway...god dag (goo-DAHG)

China...Ni hao (nee HOW)

Germany...gutten Tag (GOOT-en tahkh)Good Day

Italy...buon giornio (boo-on JOR-no)Good Day
or ciao (chow)hello or good bye

Japan...ohayo gozaimasu (oh-hi-yoh-goh goh-zy-ee-mahs) Good Morning

Morocco... Salam alekoum (sah-LAHM wah-LAY-koom)

France...Bonjour (bohn-ZHOOR)

There's also a place in Innoventions West Side that you can send an e-mail hello back to family and friends at home! Be sure to check out the IBM e-mail postcards while there! There was no wait while we were there this past October.The best thing is if ya don't like the picture it took you can keep taking one until you get it right!

Journey Into the Imagination also has several computers that you can send a photo and email greeting home.This is really fun because you can "play" with your picture.Turn yourselves into cartoons or animals.Personalize your greeting several different ways.

Enjoy! Ciao!
Alicia aka Lisa =0)
Oh that's so cool! I'll teach my family for when we go back to Epcot!:)

I can't believe this thread has been going for 12 years! :earseek:

Erich is now 21 years old and a JR. in college! :faint: We are planning a trip for next year...he'll use these greetings as he always has but now days he's compiling a list of beers and drinks he can get in each country in Epcot.:earboy2:

Boy, time has flown by! :sad:

This thread is great! We were just talking about this last night. Wish it were posted on the EPCOT Guidemap. WOuldn't that be handy?

Here's something fun we started when Erich was around 6yrs old.He's since taught his step brother Jonathan too.I thought y'all might enjoy it.

They practice saying hello in the WS languages before we go to WDW.The first time Erich was so excited about going to each country and talking to a CMs!The CM's seem to be really happy when you greet them in their native langauage!! So here's a few that I know!

Mexico...Hola (OH-lah)

Norway...god dag (goo-DAHG)

China...Ni hao (nee HOW)

Germany...gutten Tag (GOOT-en tahkh)Good Day

Italy...buon giornio (boo-on JOR-no)Good Day
or ciao (chow)hello or good bye

Japan...ohayo gozaimasu (oh-hi-yoh-goh goh-zy-ee-mahs) Good Morning

Morocco... Salam alekoum (sah-LAHM wah-LAY-koom)

France...Bonjour (bohn-ZHOOR)

There's also a place in Innoventions West Side that you can send an e-mail hello back to family and friends at home! Be sure to check out the IBM e-mail postcards while there! There was no wait while we were there this past October.The best thing is if ya don't like the picture it took you can keep taking one until you get it right!

Journey Into the Imagination also has several computers that you can send a photo and email greeting home.This is really fun because you can "play" with your picture.Turn yourselves into cartoons or animals.Personalize your greeting several different ways.

Enjoy! Ciao!
Alicia aka Lisa =0)

These are great! Thanks!

This is super cute and I wish I had seen this post before our trip!

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it yet, but if you're looking for extra points for accuracy, China's (Mandarin) "ni hao" is pronounced more like "nee haw," similar to the way you would pronounce the first two letters in "hollow" with a "w" sound at the end.

Additionally, for the Japanese pronunciation of good morning, there is no "goh" sound at the end of "ohayo."

If you're not visiting the Japan pavilion in the morning, you can also use these:
Good afternoon (works for any time of day, really): Konnichiwa (kohn-nee-chee-wah)
Good evening: Konbanwa (kohn-bahn-wah)

Such a great idea to learn these greetings, glad I found this thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!