Saying the right things

larworth

DIS Veteran
Walt Disney Co. is looking for a silver lining in the U.S. economic clouds, and finding it, according to its chief financial officer.

The media giant is taking advantage of cheaper stock valuations, lower interest rates, and reasonable construction costs to consider acquisitions, debt offerings, and capital investments, Chief Financial Officer Tom Staggs said.

"You can't just get into your bunker and cover your head," Staggs said in an interview. "In a tough economy there are greater opportunities, and you have to invest to capture those opportunities."

"It's helpful to me that I'm sitting here building in the middle of a downturn," Staggs said, "I suspect I'll do better on construction costs than we otherwise might have."

Because the majority of Disney's capital spending is for its theme parks, Staggs said the company focuses on long-term returns.

I'll be anxious to see these new investments.

http://orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-biz-disney050401.story?coll=orl-business-headlines

Interesting article, I think I'll bump it over to Rumours and see what those vultures think.
boldpurple.gif

Well, if it was me, I'd be building more stuff for DCA, since the number one complaint (even from those who like the park) is that it needs more rides...

Sarangel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!