SB - baby album?

kissafrog

Earning My Ears
Hello! I've never tried scrapbooking, but would like to try it to make a baby album/record book for the baby I'm expecting. The book I was given for my ds was very nice, but I want to make something more personal and without all the 'extras' his had in it (I also feel a little guilty that this baby is getting all ds's baby stuff and nothing new, so I'd like to give him/her something special just for them).
What I would like to do is print out disney clipart and the baby info. sheets I want, then trim them and mount them on pastel yellow and green paper. If these turn out, I would like to make baby announcements to match.
I'm not sure what type of album to put this in, or if anyone has any advice on what type of paper/adhesive to use, or even pens for filling out the book as baby grows. I'd really love to do this, but don't want to have it fall apart after a few years.
If anyone has done this before, I'd love to hear how it turned out. Any advice is welcome and appreciated!TIA!:)

Creative Memories has a beautiful baby album...you could add Disney touches as you choose. Or you could work on a regular CM page...matting your printed stuff with photo mounting paper.

When selecting paper you want to look for ones that are acid free and lignin free.
Pens should be waterproof, fade resistant, and permanent.
Your adhesives should be made for scrapbooks....and acid free.
If you are printing things from your computer you need to be careful of the paper...once again acid and lignin free. Acid free is easy to find but lignin free is just as important. Lignin (even tiny amounts) yellows the paper as it ages.

Hope that helps...happy scrappin'!

Welcome to the wonderful world of scrapbooking! You will love it! Congratulations on expecting a baby! This is the perfect time to get started. As mentioned, Creative Memories is great. I started out with CM albums but I'm also doing some different things too. Now I seem to prefer the "top loading" variety. Check your yellow pages under "craft supplies" to see if you have any scrapbook stores in your area. My recommendation is NOT to take any money with you the first time you go or you might just buy everything in the store! :D Do you have any stores like Michael's or Joann's Fabrics or Hobby Lobby? They have SB sections. There are a lot of different styles and options. It is a bit overwhelming at first but you will find your own style. Another great idea when you find a store is to look through some of the SB books and idea books to get a feeling for what you like. There are also tons of web sites - just do a search for scrapbooking and you'll find a lot.

Good luck!!

I would suggest finding out if their is a crop in your area. CM consultatnt does them regularly but sometimes Community Ed depts will do them or stores. I learned SO MUCH at the first crop I went to! Once people find out you're new they'll let you try their equipment so you can see what kind of adhesive you like and so on. You'll probably meet some other moms who have done an album like you are wanting.

Congratulation on your up coming new arrival.

I just wanted to welcome you into the world of scrapping.

My favorite scrapbook site is www.gracefulbee.com There is a newbees section that has a lot of wonderful information.

Chessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter