Sci Fi or dining in SWGE?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
Decision won’t totally be made on food quality but a bit more itinerary based. We will be hopping to HS for an evening.

Sci fi is at 5:20 with the end of a FP window at 7:15 for saucers. (We want to get in line at 7:15).

I think my kids would love sci fi and it will be nice to know we will sit down to eat. But, the ADR hanging over our head always stresses me.

If we just decide on eating in SWGE we can take our time getting there and exploring and knowing exactly what time to head to saucers. But......QS stresses me out too. Lines, where to find a table,mobile ordering not working.

It will be our first time ever setting foot in SWGE. I’m worried we will be overwhelmed.

If we keep Sci Fi we would wander through SWGE after dinner on our way to saucers. We have a 7 and 9 year old.

WWYD?

I would keep Sci-Fi. The atmosphere is so cool. It's really an attraction unto itself, IMHO. We've also eaten at Docking Bay 7 and, yes, if it's crowded, I think it could be a little overwhelming.

I would keep Sci-Fi. The atmosphere is so cool. It's really an attraction unto itself, IMHO. We've also eaten at Docking Bay 7 and, yes, if it's crowded, I think it could be a little overwhelming.
Thank you. Def leaning towards Sci Fi. I know I said I wouldn't really base it on food....but food choice is basically non-existent for my picky eater son at Docking Bay.

Have not been to SWGE yet so can't compare.
However, with the age of your kids, Sci-Fi is so much fun. And the food isn't bad.
You should still have time to walk through SWGE.
Enjoy.

My 13 yea old son loves sci fi cafe. He likes that he gets to sit down in a cool car and gets to watch clips of old alien shows and movies. I liked the boozy milk shake (we were on the standard dining plan). We’ve eaten there every trip since we were kids (aside from one trip we tried 50s prime time and we were very disappointed).

I would keep Sci Fi, and let your server know if you are in a time crunch for the FP so you can get the check and pay quickly if needed.

Sci Fi for sure. When we go I let the girls decide most of the restaurants but I have one rule. If I am paying for 10-12 days I am getting one meal at Sci-Fi. Its just fun but I have to be honest I have a pair of drive in speakers hanging on my computer room office and pictures hanging of classic drive in theaters. I am old enough to remember going to the drive in on a Friday night.

SciFi definitely! It's my absolute favorite dining spot in WDW. I can't even tell you a favorite menu item but the experience can't be beat for me!!

I love Sci-Fi. Matter of fact, my GF and I are doing Sci-Fi for lunch then we have Oga's ADR at 2:30 for post-lunch drinks and SWGE funness. Figure we'll watch a little old school sci-fi then go walk through some new school sci-fi ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts