Scooter that disassembles

Evangelina

Earning My Ears
Has anyone rented the Double Whammy scooter from Walker Mobility? How difficult is it to disassemble and how heavy is it? I've rented the portable scooter from Buena Vista in the past, but Walker is supposed to be superior and they seem to have a better delivery option. Any other rental recommendations for scooters that disassemble?

Walker can tell you how much it weighs, as well as how much each part weighs. Typically, you remove the seat/seating column, the battery/batteries, maybe the basket, and good down the tiller almost parallel with the base. Whoever delivers it should show you how to disassemble it.

I use Walker few times a year and scooters are very easy to transport. Assembly/disassembly is easy and weight is manageable for the average person. Comfortable scooters too.

Has anyone rented the Double Whammy scooter from Walker Mobility? How difficult is it to disassemble and how heavy is it? I've rented the portable scooter from Buena Vista in the past, but Walker is supposed to be superior and they seem to have a better delivery option. Any other rental recommendations for scooters that disassemble?

Search the internet using Google - sometimes you can find where the manufacturer has posted videos on YouTube that show how a particular model of scooter disassembles for transport. Walker may even have videos linked from their website.

Remember that you have to be able to lift the heaviest part into/out of whatever vehicle you will be using; so that could be a van, the trunk of a car, etc. Also remember that you may have to assemble/disassemble in the rain/heat/dark depending on when you go/time of day.

I must admit that I haven't even heard of that scooter, and I own a scooter that disassembles and did lots of research. I've rented the Go-Go Sport from Gold Mobility-that one also disassembles and goes in the trunk fairly easily. The one I own is the GoGo Elite Traveler-that one disassembles and goes in the trunk of my Camry.

Thanks for your responses. Upon further research, I found that Scooter Bug only has a 4-wheel portable, which is a lot heavier than the 3-wheel, but Gold Mobility carries the 3-wheel, so I might go with them. Does anyone have experience with Gold deliveries to WDW resorts?

Thanks for your responses. Upon further research, I found that Scooter Bug only has a 4-wheel portable, which is a lot heavier than the 3-wheel, but Gold Mobility carries the 3-wheel, so I might go with them. Does anyone have experience with Gold deliveries to WDW resorts?
Yes, I and my husband do and we keep getting accused of being walking ads for them....LOL Seriously, they are hands down the best, here is what you can expect from them:
  • You can either book online (need to use a credit card to do so) or you can call (no credit card info needed, just pay upon delivery)
  • You will need to provide your arrival and departure time, if you are taking Magical Express, just tell them your flight times and they will schedule appropriately.
  • You will need to let them know where you are staying of course
  • The night before they will text you to confirm and check if there have been any changes (If you prefer an alternate form of communication, they will work with you)
  • You can call or text them if there are flight delays, etc.
  • They will be waiting for you in the lobby or by magical express when you arrive (unless you made different arrangements)
  • They will show you how to use the scooter and in the case how to disassemble and assemble it if you need them to.
  • They will also help adjust the scooter for your comfort
  • Depending on how many questions you have, the process will take from 1-15 minutes or so, but if you need more time they will stay until you are comfortable with everything
  • The scooter should have a cup holder on it, I am not sure if this model has the USB ports or not, you would want to confirm with them
  • When they pickup your scooter, it will be just as simple, they will meet you right before your pickup time for Magical Express
    • If you need to change your pickup time or date, just let them know. If there is a cost difference, they will work that out with you when you tell them.
  • If you have to cancel, there are never any cancellation fees
  • If you have any issues, talk to them, they will work with you to resolve them as quickly as possible, their customer service is truly top notch.
  • You will have the scooter model you rented available when you arrive, as they do not overbook their scooters.
Also, if you need the scooter pickup from or delivery to somewhere else in your resort besides the lobby, they will accommodate, so long as they are allowed by Disney to go where you want to meet them.

They also have a showroom nearby that you can pickup from if you would prefer to do that instead.

Some notes on their cup holder:
  • They do hold the plastic refillable mug nicely, but make sure you stretch it out a little (the cup holder is adjustable) to help avoid scratching the cup or having it vibrate out.
  • The new Skyliner/Star Wars cups also fit well, but again stretch the cup holder out for a proper fit. In my experience these don't vibrate out as much, but you could scratch one part of the cup. I always put the cup back in the same way, so I had one small scratch in the same spot, no big deal to me, but to some it might be.
    • Side note on the new cups, these really work well with a straw, I would recommend either bringing a reusable straw or your own eco friendly non paper straws. Paper straws end up disintegrating into the drink because they are there longer than regular drinks and I actually would go more for a disposable straw (we got some compostable ones made from plant materials that feel like plastic), as I have had the straw vibrate out and get lost, particularly at Epcot for some reason, Animal Kingdom is the only park where this was never an issue for some odd reason.
Also, do be aware that the GoGo sport is slightly larger than the elite, but in general if the elite will fit, the sport should as well.

Just as a heads up, the heaviest part of the sport is by far the battery because they get the extended batteries, but they should last all day that way.

Hi, Evangelina.

I remember researching this last year.

Has anyone rented the Double Whammy scooter from Walker Mobility?

I have never used one, but the link below shows what I posted.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...-walker-mobility.3739659/page-2#post-60442723

How difficult is it to disassemble and how heavy is it?

I don't know, but it looks too heavy for me
WEIGHT W/BATTERIES–225 LBS

I must admit that I haven't even heard of that scooter, and I own a scooter that disassembles and did lots of research. I've rented the Go-Go Sport from Gold Mobility-that one also disassembles and goes in the trunk fairly easily. The one I own is the GoGo Elite Traveler-that one disassembles and goes in the trunk of my Camry.
This is the one I own as well - 3 Wheel GoGo Elite Traveller - I love mine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts