Scotland Meets Thread (formerly Scotland: A Brave Adventure)

I think it went down to 12°C (think that's about 53°F). Scotland can get a lot cooler than this but it's still supposed to be summer. Another very wet day here. You may get lucky and it just be cloudy. Nobody comes to Scotland for the sunny climate but the scenery, history and hopefully the warmth of the people should make up for that.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sayhello

I think it went down to 12°C (think that's about 53°F). Scotland can get a lot cooler than this but it's still supposed to be summer. Another very wet day here. You may get lucky and it just be cloudy. Nobody comes to Scotland for the sunny climate but the scenery, history and hopefully the warmth of the people should make up for that.

Princess Leia...love what you say about Scotland in your response to SayHello. I've been to Edinburgh once and that's exactly what I remember...beautiful surroundings and kind people. I'm looking forward to arriving on Sunday for the start of my Disney Adventure and seeing more of your beautiful country.

Just saw the Tattoo last night.....LUVED IT!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

and the weather?? IMHO, not bad.

Temps range from highs in the low 70's to lows in the low 50's.....

best part of the Tattoo???
NO RAIN:cool1:

ENJOY ALL & TAKE PLENTY OF PICS:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y"all:wave2:

Just saw the Tattoo last night.....LUVED IT!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We got tickets to the Tattoo for Monday night. I'm excited to go!

Thanks everyone for the the advice. I'm busy packing and getting ready to go. Trying to prepare for any type of weather.

We got tickets to the Tattoo for Monday night. I'm excited to go!

Thanks everyone for the the advice. I'm busy packing and getting ready to go. Trying to prepare for any type of weather.
The Tattoo ends before I get there. Enjoy!

The weather is my biggest concern. It's hard to pack for *anything*! (I guess it probably won't snow, but anything else is fair game!) :)

Sayhello

The Tattoo ends before I get there. Enjoy!

The weather is my biggest concern. It's hard to pack for *anything*! (I guess it probably won't snow, but anything else is fair game!) :)

Sayhello

Surprisingly the weather overall has cooperated quite nicely. Can be a little windy at times but overall - not bad.

No to very little rain has been the biggest surprise for me.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

ANYWHO -
have fun & take plenty of video & pics:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

I'm busy packing and getting ready to go. Trying to prepare for any type of weather.

Sayhello

I think it will be safe to leave your shorts and bikini behind! Don't fret about getting rain jackets and brollies before you come - Edinburgh has plenty of non-tourist shops where you can purchase these. Today is another dreich day. Temperatures in Edinburgh today are a high of 15 Celcius (59F) and low of 12 Celcius (54F).

Princess Leia...love what you say about Scotland in your response to SayHello. I've been to Edinburgh once and that's exactly what I remember...beautiful surroundings and kind people. I'm looking forward to arriving on Sunday for the start of my Disney Adventure and seeing more of your beautiful country.

It's definitely feeling more autumnal now. At our recent Commonwealth games the slogan was People Make Glasgow. Anyway if anyone is spending more time in Edinburgh they should consider taking the hour train journey to Glasgow. Hope you enjoy your trip.

Ooo, yum! Looks god. Thanks! :thumbsup2 *adds to the list*.

Thanks for the warning for Deacon Brodies. I tend to expect to wait, and then I'm pleasantly surprised if I don't have to! ;)

Let me know if you figure out about the lemonade!

Well, I'd love to meet you there and have some ice cream & conversation! I'll PM you what my schedule looks like! That would be fun!

Sayhello

Met up with Sayhello yesterday after she arrived in Edinburgh and we did indeed head for a delicious ice cream and plenty of conversation. I was so disappointed in the weather as on Thursday afternoon it had been gloriously sunny and hot then Friday we got the rain. It didn't dampen our spirits though I and so enjoyed meeting Sayhello despite the dreich weather.

For those on the same trip you will thoroughly enjoy her company and I was pleased to see the sun out today and hope it continues for the rest of your tour of Scotland.

For those who were at the Tattoo and for those who missed it here is a quick overview in 3.5 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu5sheUAkhY&list=UUhGDi6d3B3yAY3GRQjokQZA

Met up with Sayhello yesterday after she arrived in Edinburgh and we did indeed head for a delicious ice cream and plenty of conversation. I was so disappointed in the weather as on Thursday afternoon it had been gloriously sunny and hot then Friday we got the rain. It didn't dampen our spirits though I and so enjoyed meeting Sayhello despite the dreich weather.

For those on the same trip you will thoroughly enjoy her company and I was pleased to see the sun out today and hope it continues for the rest of your tour of Scotland.

For those who were at the Tattoo and for those who missed it here is a quick overview in 3.5 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu5sheUAkhY&list=UUhGDi6d3B3yAY3GRQjokQZA
It was such a pleasure meeing you, edinburghlass! And today's weather was glorious!!!

ABD BEGINS TOMORROW!!! :dance3:

You have Zoe and Hanni as your guides, we adore them and miss them! Have an amazing trip. We will be in Edinburgh in 2 weeks! I can't wait to read your trip report!
Yes,we have Zoe & Hanni for our Guides, and they are wonderful!!!! Tomorrow is hiking the Quiraing. Really looking forward to it and sharing it all with you guy as soon as I can!

Sayhello

Yes,we have Zoe & Hanni for our Guides, and they are wonderful!!!! Tomorrow is hiking the Quiraing. Really looking forward to it and sharing it all with you guy as soon as I can!

Sayhello

I am so excited for you! We had them last year, and they are AWESOME!!!! Hope you are having a blast and say "hi" from us :)

Watching today's Scottish Independence vote with great interest. While I was in Scotland last week, most people I talked to who were voting "No" were doing it because they thought there were too many unanswered questions, not because they opposed the idea of independence. What currency will they use? (They say the British Pound, the UK says "Um, no.") What about pensioners getting their pensions from the UK? What about folks working & living in the UK under Scottish passports? What about folks working & living in Scotland under UK passports? (I talked to one man who is Polish, working in Scotland under a UK passport for YEARS. He and his wife and kids. He was uncertain what would happen to them.) But a lot of folks said they were voting Yes anyways. A bit of history occurring today.

I really hope someone from this week's Scotland trip checks in here. It will be amazing to hear from someone there during the vote. I'm emailing Hanneke, who is one of the Guides this week. Hopefully I'll at least hear from her!

Sayhello

Watching today's Scottish Independence vote with great interest. While I was in Scotland last week, most people I talked to who were voting "No" were doing it because they thought there were too many unanswered questions, not because they opposed the idea of independence. What currency will they use? (They say the British Pound, the UK says "Um, no.") What about pensioners getting their pensions from the UK? What about folks working & living in the UK under Scottish passports? What about folks working & living in Scotland under UK passports? (I talked to one man who is Polish, working in Scotland under a UK passport for YEARS. He and his wife and kids. He was uncertain what would happen to them.) But a lot of folks said they were voting Yes anyways. A bit of history occurring today.

I really hope someone from this week's Scotland trip checks in here. It will be amazing to hear from someone there during the vote. I'm emailing Hanneke, who is one of the Guides this week. Hopefully I'll at least hear from her!

Sayhello

I have just been to cast my vote.The Yes campaign has very much focussed on Scots being ruled by Westminster. They have failed to mention we already have our own Scottish parliament and that health and education are already devolved matters. It's back to the old "Here's tae us; wha's like us?" Far too much anti-English sentiment has been stirred up which is divisive. Others look on with interest while many Scots fearfully wait the result.

I am currently in Inverness, Scotland right now. I have spoken with locals on the yes and the no side. Very compelling arguments in each side. I am pretty excited to be here while history is in the making! My best wishes to Scotland!

Hi Terry!

Great meeting you in person! What a small world.

we stayed in Scotland an extra day to experience the referendum and support our beloved Scotland during this historic opportunity. Hearts were definitely heavy in Edinburgh today as a result.....we wish the country all the best for both sides as they move forward.

scotland is still the brave and a very special land indeed!

Hi Terry!

Great meeting you in person! What a small world.

we stayed in Scotland an extra day to experience the referendum and support our beloved Scotland during this historic opportunity. Hearts were definitely heavy in Edinburgh today as a result.....we wish the country all the best for both sides as they move forward.

scotland is still the brave and a very special land indeed!

Hi Deb! It was great meeting you in person too :goodvibes I just started the trip report for our ABD and have our picture in the first post. Funny how we both mentioned the bit about the small world :rotfl:

We decided our second ABD will be Scotland! DD will be 15 late July so we were going to book that trip. I saw this caveat about the farewell dinner.

"Edinburgh Castle may be closed on some dates in late July and August due to performances of the Military Tattoo. In the event the castle is unavailable, the dinner will take place at the historic Signet Library, home to the prestigious Society of Writers to Her Majesty's Signet"​

Should we book an earlier trip?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter