Scrapbook Store in Downtown Disney?

MouseEarsJenny

DIS Veteran
Just heard there's a scrapbook store in Downtown Disney! Is this true, is it worth a visit, and do they carry anything different than you would find at say, a Michael's or local scrapbook store?

I'm going in June, and wasn't planning on spending much time shopping, but I may have to bop over there if scrapbook supplies are involved!! :teeth:

I personally have not been impressed with the store in DTD. While they do have some nice albums, I don't really think they have too much to offer. Most of the items you could buy at the resorts or parks, so there is no need to make a special trip to go there.

I have an AP, so I stop at World of Disney first (10% discount) and buy any park exclusives that I might need (dining kit, 50th paper pack, embellishments), then head over to World of Memories and see what else they might have that WoD didn't. I'm not all that impressed with the selection, but some of the exclusive embellishments are really nice (and priced well, comparatively speaking). I am NOT impressed with the albums.

What are the exclusive embellishments that you can get at Disney??

DTDscrapstore.jpg

I did enjoy walking around in the store, but did not find it helpful in finding supplies. More were available in the parks, and at the resorts.

They have Mickey shaped eyelets and paper clips, a castle punch, Stitch, Mickey and Tigger punches and I got some stickers that looked like wax seals with the castle stamped on them.

The paper packs I got I still haven't found a way to use!!

The scrapbooking store has been disappointing. Given the number of people who scrapbook, I've been very surprised that Disney has not done more to capture these dollars. Personally, I've not seen anything at the DTD store that you can't buy in nearly every other shop in WDW. Still, I have to go check every time I'm there. What's the old saying -- "Hope springs eternal"?

I am also chiming in with the "disappointed" crowd. I didn't get to DD last trip, and from the scrapbook standpoint it sure wasn't worth the effort this trip. Everything I saw there I found elsewhere. Last year a friend brought back a neat pack of papers I missed, but I couldn't find it this year. Most paper packs had a few nice papers I liked, but too many that I would never use (really, I don't need 4 sheets for It's a Small World in different colours). I know that everyone wants different things, but Disney has really missed the boat on carrying scrap products. There are so many manufacturers out there that larger LSS carry, why can't Disney? Unless you are really into stickers, Michaels (in Canada anyways) doesn't have a lot more to offer.
I really want a bigger Mickey head punch, and the only one I found was a teensy mini one. Now I have read on this forum that some people found the selection better at the Contemporary than at World of Memories - any ideas on just how much more was there?

I went in with low expectations so I was not "disappointed" with this store. I wasn't "impressed" either, but it was nice to go to one place and get all my kits. Another sad thing is that the sticker packs are not different on each sheet. I bought a pack of stickers and got 30 sheets of the same 6 stickers. :| The one thing I wish they'd do is have a pack for a specific resort. We almost always stay at OKW and they are never in the packs because they are primarily a DVC resort.

I agree! I dragged my husband over to DTD to find the special store and I was very disappointed. I did find a few things that I have not seen elsewhere. The mickey head eyelets, castle charms and waxed seals are really cute. I was not really impressed with the paper packs--not really my taste. I too am really surprised that Disney hasn't run with this scrapbooking craze--maybe they make enough money on the licensing part and don't really see the need to offer more?
Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter