Sea World 2nd day free promo no longer @ the gate

w8ting4pooh

Commando planner
I just called Seaworld 1800 # to ask about the 2nd day free promo. Guest Services said that you can no longer get a 2nd day free at the gate. You have to go to Publix to purchase these.

Good news Seaworld does still offer 2nd day free you just have to remember to go to the ticket counter and have them reissue you a new pass for the next day.

I just spoke with customer service at Seaworld on 6/8/03

Hope this helps with your plans it does with mine

Thanks

I hope that you are correct. I called them yesterday and they said no. I specifically asked if we could buy a ticket at the gate and then get a second day free at the end of the day and they said no.

Maybe I asked the wrong person.

I hope the info I got was right to. I'll check again tomorow.

Thanks for the info.

I just called and talked to Michael...he said you can take your ticket to the gate when you leave and get a second day free. I am going in about 5 1/2 weeks and had planned on 2 days so this will work for me thank goodness.:D

Hi ALL!

May I suggest all who read this and visit SW keep us up to date if possible.

I just went AAA office near me and learned that the Universal 2 d or 2d +1free or 3d pass went up $2+$3 each pass.
This is an increase from April's prices.

This seems to be inconjunction with the recent WDW price move at the gates.

It isn't much but it looks like the parks think the economey must be improving.

It really is crazy because of the Alamo/Disney promo, I am confused on where to spend my dollar/yen/euro/$C$ etc.

My freind at the local store said his friends from India are coming to the US in droves because its vacation time and the dollar is cheap, maybe thats's why the prices are going up? :confused:

ENJOY!

THE MAGIC HAPPENS!!!
:jester: :jester: :jester:

We just got back and were able to get and use the second day free. After you enter there is a window to the left to get the second day pass. All the members of your party have to be there because they make a picture. I went right after we got there which was about 11:00. It took a while and then the camera wasn't working so they gave us a pass which we signed. When we entered using the signed pass we had to also present a picture ID.

Thanks for the info...Hope the prices don't go up to much. Guess I will need to get my picture taken early so I am not all hot and sweaty!!!:p

I doubt that Universal will raise their prices they did it at the beginning of the year. I just looked at the ticket information and the ticket prices are the same. Maybe it is that AAA raised their prices to make them closer to the Universal price. Seaworld or Universal won't think about raising their price again until at least January. Disney did just raise their prices but it was to meet the rest of the group in Orlando though.

Does anyone else find it disturbing that of the 4 posters to this thread who called the Sea World 800 (information) number about this very significant question, 2 got a "yes" and 2 got a "no". What are these employees being hired to do, just give out information off of the top of their heads or just guess at the answer? They may be better off training the dolphin to answer the telephones!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by w8ting4pooh
I clicked this ad on Expedia today.

http://www.expedia.com/daily/advert/SeaWorldOrlando/default.asp

I guess this answers the question! Yay! :teeth: :cool:

I wish this was the final word on this but it seems as if most of the brokers (like expedia) who sell Sea World tickets are still advertising the 2nd day free thing as if it's written in stone. Somewhere in the fine print (may not see it until you get the actual ticket) there is a disclaimer that reads something like: 2nd day free is at the discretion of Sea World. It has always been there but I ignored it bc. this promo has been running for SO long. What has me concerned now though, and I think what triggered the rumor about the promo being discontinued, is that all reference to the 2nd day free has recently been removed from the official Sea World website. Ticket Mania is one of the brokers who still have 2nd day free on their site. I e-mailed them about this and here was the reply I recieved:

"Hello
I also cannot promise you that you will get the second day free it does
not matter if you purchase the tickets while the offer is still on if it
no longer is in effect when you come you will not get the second day free"

[I know this is a terrible run on sentance.......their words, not mine.]

Not good for ones, like me, who like to plan ahead. I will not buy the tickets unless I know for sure I will get the 2nd day free. Sea World is too big now to do in one day and I won't pay another $50/ticket for a 2nd day.

Sorry to be the bearer.:( of news that may not be so good.

Hi All!

Up until 5/30/03 Sea World was selling a 'FUN PASS".
The Pass was sold online at the Sea World site.
It was like 3-5 dollars more than a one day pass but was good
for unlimited admissions until 12/31/ 03.
Thats where I, myself even got confused , thinking the FUN PASS was the 2nd day free.
If you go to the SWO site there is "NO" FUN PASS or CARD offered.

To make things even more complicated for our trip is the Universal
Studios there is a 5 day / 2day power pass!
Pay the price of 2 days Adm. and be able to go unlimited for 5 days in a row to both parks of USO.
The Power Pass is offered online at USO and no shipping if E-tix
will call at the gate.

ENJOY!!!

THE MAGIC HAPPENS!!!
:jester: :jester: :jester:

We were at Sea World last Friday (6/13) and second day free was definitely still being offered.

Was the 2nd day free valid for only the following day or could you wait a day and then go back? Thanks!

As I understand it, your second day must be used within 7 days of (including) your first day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter