Sea World Discount for people with Disabilities?

vhoffman

DIS Veteran
Hi, everyone!

We're going to Sea World San Antonio next weekend. I thought I read somewhere that Sea World gives some sort of dicsount to guests with disabilities. I can't find that info again, perhaps I didn't even read it on Disboards but somewhere else. I've tried their website, but there's no mention of it. Of course, if they did, suddenly everyone would start showing up with canes, crutches, etc.! Well, I am one of the "lucky" ones to have a real disability. I say that with saracasm because of the snide remarks I get whenever I get a discount or special consideration due to my disability. For example, we recently took a trip to Hawaii and weren't charged for valet parking if I had a handicapped parking permit. That came to a savings of about $12 per day. Well, I got so many comments to the effect of how "lucky" I am to get such benefits. Believe me, I'd rather be able to walk to the parking lot and pay the $12! Well, anyways, does anyone know of a Sea World discount and how do I get it? Do I have to get the tickets in advance or purchase them at the gate? Is some sort of proof required, such as a dr's letter or handicapped parking permit? Thanks!

I do know that at least for orlando -

50% off for the person with disability AND a companion

Universal for those intrested is either15% or 25% but have heard that you have to get a manager or something like that for the discount

At the San Diego, CA Sea World I took a doctor's note staing my son needed an assist person due to his disabilities (CP). It does not have to be a nurse. So each time we go he gets a free person in with him. They do try to tell you it is just 50% off the assistant but with the doctor's note one person is free.

Lori

I would be nice if it was your child that needed the assistance and you could pick who got in free (adults cost a lot more) I would just settle for 50% off of both ( I am talking about adult admission now)

I had read the 50% at orlando on a website and they also had the universal one listed. they said it was at minimum 15% and most 25%

I had found it before on the SeaWorld Orlando website, but it was really hard to find.
I looked at the San Antonio website and found their Disability information Page. I didn't see anything about a discount on the San Antonio pages though. The language they used on the Orlando page was something like a discount is available for our guests who are not able to fully experience our park due to their disability. I don't think it gave the discount amount. I can't find that page on the Orlando site any more. All it says is "discounts are given to members, guests with disabilities...."

Hi, I just went on the Orlando Sea World Web site and it only says that the person with the disability gets the discount, so I called the number and thery confirmed that it is only the person with the disability, anyone out there know something different? thanks Jillpirate: princess: princess: princess: princess: princess:

We went to Seaworld in Orlando in May. Our family of three received a 50% discount each (child with disability) and got the second day free pass. It may have been a mistake but I was in the Guest Relations line while DD and DS were in ticket line. He didn't question it. I expected 50% off person with a disability and 50% off one companion. This is the policy at our local Bush Gardens in Williamsburg. At Bush Gardens Williamsburg we did find that the discounted ticket holder could not take advantage of certain "special offers" only those paying full price. Good Luck

Originally posted by Anne MN
I do know that at least for orlando -

50% off for the person with disability AND a companion

Universal for those intrested is either15% or 25% but have heard that you have to get a manager or something like that for the discount

So, if we want to get a discount at Universal, we ask for a manager at the ticket booth? Does anyone have any more information about this? Two of our party this November are blind and I am sure they would love to have some sort of discount! Thanks!

I personally have not used the discount- I will ask someone I work with- they have been there are received the discount-
I will ask her who you need to talk to or where you need to go-

I am reading from the website that I printed this from
it is www.orlandoinfo.com
it says you can ask for a 15% discount off the regular ticket price at the ticket window
Braille and large print scripts are available for selected attractions-

the website listed above has all the info for the major theme parks

it is under information for guests with disabilities

hope this helps

Hi I went on that website but could not find info about disabilities. And when I would go to these parks do I go to regular ticket line or guest services thanks Jill

Form what I have read (we have not used it), you must ask in person (with the person with a disability with you) at the Ticket Booth, on the day you are visiting the park. I don't think the discounts are available at any of the off-site discount ticket sellers.
And since this question usually comes up next, ;)
I am not aware of any discounts for people with disabilities at the Disney parks.

Thanks for posting the link. It looks like a good summary of information.

I thought it was useful- I found it surfing one night- at like 4 am:confused:

I have been doing a lot of late night surfing-
I can't look for certain stuff with little eyes watching-
I have found good info on the Mayo Clinic site and a couple others

I did get some answers to my GKTW questions- direct from a wish granter in another state-

hope the link is informative and give people a better idea about what is out there

FYI, after reading this thread I e-mailed Discovery Cove to see if they have any discounts since they are a SeaWorld park and they said not at this time.

Sandra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter