Sean and Maj's Majical Day!- Update- 03/06!

Bridesmaids Dresses

We ordered our bridesmaid dresses a few weeks ago and picked one of them up this weekend. The dresses were ordered from Davids's Bridal and are red and shorter. The exact colour is 'Valentina'.

I absolutely love them!

This is the design, not the colour.

To top off the look we are going to go for yellow bridesmaid shoes. Pale yellow, not bright. One of the girls bought a pair and we tried them, they looked amazing! I'm so excited.

Yesterday my bridesmaid Erica and I went to visit with one of her friends, she designs clothing. She has an Etsy store called, Storybook Stuff. She has designed shoes with different storybook characters on them and has even designed artwork on denim jackets. We are commissioning her to design wedge flip-flops for us girls, as well as t-shirts for the Stag and Doe/ Bachelorette and getting ready.

Each girl is going to choose her favourite Disney character and Kyley, the designer will create shoes and shirts with this character for them. She has lots of ideas, and I trust her with creating them how she feels would look best. I'll post the designs on here when she's done.

Here are a few of the company's products so far:

In other news I think we are booking our honeymoon tonight...

7 Months out!!! WE JUST BOOKED OUR HONEYMOON! 7 Days on the Fantasy Cruise!!! WOOOT!

I love those shoes they are amazing especially the Harry Potter one so cool! and your 7 months out its going to just fly by and your going to lovve the fantasy! Which sailing did you guys chose for your honeymoon?

It's been two months since my last update, we're currently 5 months out!!!

Been a busy couple of months. We've collected all of the bridesmaid dresses, I've received my shoes, we've paid for the honeymoon, created our registry (after being told to by my sister), sent out invites and decided to have a Stag and Doe.

I'll start with that...

"Buck and Doe"
Here in Canada most people have a Stag and Doe before their wedding to help fundraise for their weddings. I'm not a big fan of the 'helping to fundraise' part, but I do love a stag and doe, my friends and I don't frequent nightclubs or bars, as we tend to feel old when we go, but a stag and doe is for anyone, includes food and drinks and has games and prizes. The hosts make it fun for others, so I don't mind paying for a night out. I would assume this is what other people think too, which is why, when discussing with Sean the issue of Stag and Doe, I said OK, but refused to plan it.
If i've just confused you all, here is a better definition of a stag and doe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stag_and_doe

We called ours a Buck and Doe purely because a male mouse is a buck and a female is a doe (Mickey and Minnie).

Any questions, shoot them my way!

I'm not sure that we'll make money from the event, but as long as we don't lose money, we'll be happy.

Bridesmaid Dresses

I can't remember if I mentioned before, but the dresses that we picked only came in larger sizes and my bridesmaids are quite small...well the dresses are in so now it's time for them to be resized. One of my girls is currently in Australia, so I will be resizing hers for her, and hoping that very little adjustments will need to be made!!!
Anyway, they look lovely, i'm so excited!!!!

Wedding Registry

We completed our wedding registry. I would like to point out that we are not expecting money or gifts for the wedding as people are travelling so far to see us and be with us, but I was urged by my sister and bridesmaids to create a registry. I thought I would like it, but to be honest it seemed like a waste of time to choose one shop and pick things that I like from there, what if I like something else from a different shop more?! Anyway, I put a few things for the future on it, like a red toaster lol. We went to Home Outfitters it was fun scanning items, but a bit silly too. I'd rather just have gift cards!

Invites!!!

OMG I love our invites. Sean designed them and my future brother in law printed them for us. He used an awesome card stock which was white with a red core. The print is all black except for a tiny red bow on the right hand side, for Minnie! :)

The core:

The invite is simple as we have a website which will include more details.
The RSVP part is my favourite!

It's a mad lib!! We've had about 10 (out of the 40 I sent) replies so far and some have been hilarious!!

The Shoes...

These arrived this morning...I love them, I'm concerned that they might be a little big but I will get my sister to look tomorrow. They feel comfortable, but I can see a slight gap in the back of the heel and I don't know if it's too noticeable.

This is how they were packed, with a cute bow and everything, and a photo!!!

This is them!

What do you think???
I know that they aren't super wedding-y, but they are very me (fun and bright lol)!

Weightloss....

OK, so I'm not overweight by any means, but I'm not where I want to be, I have started Beachbody's 21 day fix....I've been really good with the first round of the fix, but my second round has sucked and my body is not impressed, I am posting about it on here to give me accountability. You ladies (and gents) will now be helping me with my weightless (muscle-gain) challenge, I have 5 months left in my short term journey and a lifetime in the longterm :)

Finally the honeymoon...
All paid for...we leave on the Fantasy on October 24th, 4 days after the wedding!! I cannot wait! :)

The invites are great! Wow, those shoes are spectacular! Love them. Who care if they are not "wedding-y, its your wedding, you make the rules!
Don't get discourage about the weight loss, 21 day fix is a great program. Just take it one day at a time and you'll get there. Muscle gain is great because muscle eats fat! It also weighs more then fat so don't weigh yourself and freak out. You'll see five months will fly by!

Wow, so today we are at the three month mark!!! I'm crazy excited and very worried...

The US dollar has gained momentum and our Canadian dollar is falling..boooo!! This just means everything has increased in price for us.

Aside from that...

Fitting

I went for my first fitting last week, she's making a few alterations to the dress, changing the back and making it more "bridey" :) It's going to look so beautiful. When I tried it on I remembered how wonderful it looked and how great I felt in it. :)

Buck and Doe

We had our Buck and Doe last weekend. It was a success, we sold around 80 tickets, played a lot of different games and had over 20 prizes in our raffle, we ended up making a fair amount of money which was great! It was nice to see how many people we had supporting us in our marriage. The games we had were:

-Pie in the face (people gave money to either see myself or my fiancé pied in the face...I lost- but sean pied himself anyway!!!)
- Bra pong (trying to get ping pong balls in to the bras to earn raffle tickets).
- Beer swap (We had two cases of beer and switched a bottle from each case, then closed the case. I created squares on top of the boxes- one box for each beer- then people had to guess which beer had been swapped, the winner won the case of beer)
-toonie toss (one large liquor bottle in the centre of the room, people throw toonies to see who can get the coin closest to it, that person wins the bottle)
- raffle
-50/50

This is our Bra Pong board

T shirts and flip flops

In the past month i have also received my flip flops and t shirts for the wedding party.
Everyone picked their favourite disney character/movie and we went with that... mine was Jasmine, the other girls: Cinderella, Ariel, Winnie the Pooh and Mushu. The guys: Sean picked Mike from Monster's Inc.: Tron, Snow White, Mufasa and Abu.

Here is a sample of one:

Suits

Last night Sean and I went suit shopping. We walked our entire mall in search of something nice for the guys to wear. We know that they are wearing grey (we still need to pick the shade), trousers, vests and shirts only. The shirt will be white with black buttons. He tried on a light grey linen suit, which was nice and perfect for Orlando in October, but I really loved a polyester one from RW & Co. So now we are in two minds. I've told him that he should take the groomsmen and see what they think. He was also hoping to buy them their suits. They will be about $250 each, do you think that's a lot for him to spend on the four guys?!

What do you think of the suits?
(Ignore that I cut off his feet, he was in flip flops)

Candy Buffet

My next task is looking for candy for the candy buffet. We have one family friend driving down to Florida who is happy to bring down some items for us, so I was thinking about sending her down with some candy and the wedding favours. Now I just need a nice cheapish candy store to buy the candy from.

Margarita Maker

Also on my list is deciding whether or not to have a margarita machine at the wedding, that way we can have pina coladas all day, it just depends on who would drink them...I'd want to get it non-alcoholic, so that people can add their own alcohol to the mix and so the kids can have some.

Favours

Also, favours, I want to do sunglasses forsure, my sister made the suggestion of pool noodles, as we will all be in the villa with the amazing pool, but maybe we'll just buy a few red and white noodles to have floating in the pool?! Thoughts?

I love the bra pong that is too funny! and your buck doe party sounds like it was lots of fun and three months OMG that will just fly by! The cinderalla shoes are so cute and I think that is a really good idea! The suit looks very nice I love that color gray, its a really expensive groomsmen gift but if its in your budget I think it would be a great gift! Let us know what you decide! :goodvibes

I've actually come across quite a few bulk candy options on websites when I was looking for cheap cake decorating supplies. If I can find them, do you want me to link you? I'm not sure what kind of candies you guys want, but you could at least take a look!

I've actually come across quite a few bulk candy options on websites when I was looking for cheap cake decorating supplies. If I can find them, do you want me to link you? I'm not sure what kind of candies you guys want, but you could at least take a look!

That would be amazing!! Thank you so much!!!

One month and four daysss!!!
This time next month we will be in Orlando! I cannot wait!

We're beginning to complete payments for different things and finalize things with all of our vendors. We bought the gifts for our bridal party, i bought Sean's gift and I've had my bridal shower!!!

Where to start?

Gifts.

We decided on gifts for the bridal party!!!
Two of the party are leaving the day after the wedding, but the other six are staying with us and we are going to MNSSHP, Sean and I decided to buy them their tickets...AND each one a magic band to have with them when we do the parks.

For the two that aren't coming, one is a bridesmaid and I will be paying for her hair and make up and the other is a groomsman and we are still unsure what to get him.

We have bought all of the groomsmen grey Converse for the ceremony too!

We are having our nieces and nephew walk down the aisle too, so we decided to buy them a personalized Disney watch each. Minnie for the girls and Lightning McQueen for the boy, they are young, so can't yet tell the time, these are watches to help them learn how to tell the time.

For Sean, I also bought a watch...a Mistura watch....not cheap but so handsome :)

Candy & Other Reception Fun

We decided on the little tidbits for the wedding:

A candy bar, we have 50 guests and I was told that we needed to have candy for 1/2lb per person...I ordered over 30lbs from candy store.com, it was a decent price and the villa rental company agreed to let us send the candy straight to them, so that we didn't have to bring it with us and pay all that shipping, the shipping we received was free and I got 5% off, a pretty good deal!

We also want to get a margarita machine for the reception, so we booked that yesterday too! Pina Coladas for all! OR Elsa's Frozen Spectacular! :) lol!

We decided to buy disposable cameras for each table, as there will only be 5 tables we figured this would be nice for us to do, I found 10 cameras on Ebay for less that $60!!!

We chose all of our wedding music and spoke to our DJ about it, she loved all of our corny songs...
Ceremony:
Bridal Party- Lion King's. 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight'-instrumental followed by 'A Whole New World' instrumental
Bride- 'Part of that World' instrumental
Recessional- 'Walking on Sunshine' from the movie, Walking on Sunshine (if you haven't seen that movie, you need to see it!!)

First Dance- Gambler, by Fun

The other songs aren't as interesting lol

Bridal Shower
My sister and mum put on an amazing Alice in Wonderland themed tea party Bridal Shower for me. My sister held it at her house, in her back garden, so it was very cute.

Two of my bridesmaids helped my sister with it, the other two are not local (one is from England and the other lives in Vancouver).

a>

Here are some of the decorations that my sister used. My future MIL made all the desserts and my mum and sister went to Costco in Michigan the morning before the shower to pick up sandwiches and wraps (we will be doing the same thing for the wedding in Florida).

a> <a

a> <a

a> <a

a> <a

a> <a

a>

We played a few games, each table teamed up to create 'underwear for the wedding night' they were given a few items to help them..

It was so much fun, I had a lovely time! :)

Sad News...

My friend Tom, from England messaged me the other week and apologized as he is no longer able to come to Florida, he moved to a new city and hasn't found a job yet, so is struggling for money...my friend Jarrett, like a younger brother to me, can no longer make it, he's been travelling for the past six weeks, so is also jobless and moneyless!

The final and worst part...my younger brother James cannot make it...he's in university and unfortunately has midterms that week. Sean and I planned the wedding before he started school, so we didn't know when exams would be or that we'd even need to plan around it. My brother is six years younger than me, and I never expected not to have him at my wedding, so i'm very upset about it...

The GOOD news

I got a promotion at work! I start managing a Starbucks location of my very own on Monday and I cannot wait!!!
We booked an excursion for the honeymoon, we're going to Honeymoon Island!! lol
We want to book a fancy meal/brunch on the Fantasy cruise, but I'm not sure which, I really want to book a Palo brunch, but I can't do it online :(

We also booked to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove two days after the wedding!
We wrote our itinerary on our website and now all of the guests are booking up too!!! Woot!!!

Last edited:
It all very cool. Your doe and stag party looked like a lot of fun. Love your husband's suit. Very handsome! Love the watch you bought him too! Your bridal shower was so sweet! Too bad about your brother but that is how it goes with destination weddings! Congrats on your new promotion by the way! :thumbsup2

Thanks, I just got a bit lazy with my updates, so there will be a bunch all in a few weeks within each other to really catch up...

This is a picture of our Save the Dates, sorry that the quality isn't great (I apparently don't know how to take pictures). Sean designed them with a Minnie Mouse theme, prior to us making any final decisions about the venue and things, hence the venue being at Disney... this isn't a problem as many of our events will still be held there. The QR code takes the guests straight our wedding email address to reply to the STD. We sent out about 40 save the dates, mainly to couples. We heard from most people, those that we didn't hear from we probably won't send invites to. Most people send emails nowadays, it's not too hard to reply, "Send an invite". We are currently expecting 65 guests (if we go by who responded to the STDs).

Next up it was time to ask the bridesmaids...

I have four bridesmaids, each one received a box with Kleenex, in case they cried lol, a chocolate bar (I'm a chocoholic), a card and info cards about each bridesmaid, and finally a RING POP! Woot! My bridesmaids all live in different places, two are from Windsor, Ontario, so live near me. One lives in England and the last one in Vancouver, so they have all yet to meet.

They loved their boxes, I bought them from Dollarama, painted them red and added diamantes to them. I also made the cards and the info cards, it was a lot of fun! Each girl received their box independently from the other, and were so excited about them.

I love the QR code idea. So clever! And the design is so cute -- he did a great job.

your bridal shower looks like so much fun!
I absolutely love all the decorations and how well it went with the theme!

I'm so sorry that your brother and a few of your friends can't make it to the wedding.
Unfortunately, I know exactly how that feels.
It's one of the major downsides of a destination wedding.
But I'm so glad you're looking at the positives! promotion, discovery cove, honeymoon island!
Your wedding is going to be unforgettable!!

Your shower looks too cute! I love all the Alice in Wonderland touches. Also your wedding sounds like the most fun! Margarita machine?? Yes please!

It all very cool. Your doe and stag party looked like a lot of fun. Love your husband's suit. Very handsome! Love the watch you bought him too! Your bridal shower was so sweet! Too bad about your brother but that is how it goes with destination weddings! Congrats on your new promotion by the way! :thumbsup2
Thank you!
The Stag and Doe was so much fun...can't wait for the rest now!

I love the QR code idea. So clever! And the design is so cute -- he did a great job.
He did good. The QR was great as people now find the website a lot easier and they were then able to save it as a bookmark on their phones

your bridal shower looks like so much fun!
I absolutely love all the decorations and how well it went with the theme!

I'm so sorry that your brother and a few of your friends can't make it to the wedding.
Unfortunately, I know exactly how that feels.
It's one of the major downsides of a destination wedding.
But I'm so glad you're looking at the positives! promotion, discovery cove, honeymoon island!
Your wedding is going to be unforgettable!!
Eeek! I can't wait!
I told myself I was allowed one day to let myself be selfish about my brother and now my grandparents not coming and then I just had to get on with it! So I'm happy and excited and thankfully we have Skype and video recording these days! Woot!

Your shower looks too cute! I love all the Alice in Wonderland touches. Also your wedding sounds like the most fun! Margarita machine?? Yes please!
I know! We were told by one company that they wouldn't come to the villa as they won't take the margarita machine over the grass nor up the porch steps!! So annoying! But we found a new company who will do it for us! Thank goodness!

It's official we're married!!!!
Best day of my life.

I had my bachelorette party at Kimonos restaurant in the Swan and Dolphin followed by an evening in Jelly Rolls! My bridesmaids surprised me and it was absolutely amazing!

The wedding itself was beautiful. I will share pictures as soon as I get them back! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!