Sean Faulk?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by lmsull65, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Teleclashter

Teleclashter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

In terms of the discussion about Best and Worst, this has been a very helpful discussion. I'm glad that I can be honest with you all about the current state of the show and you have been so helpful in not cutting us down, but trying to toss out ideas to help make it better. So please know that none of this is being taken like a slap in the face.

As for discussing the topic ahead of time... at the very least Ryno and I have to know what the topic is, because he is the host and I'm usually his right hand man on the final product. Sometimes we involve the entire group on the decision when we are struggling with a topic, but utilizing the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies board will most likely eliminate the need for group discussion ahead of time and we can shift more towards reacting to their responses - not always responding to polls, but just their opinions.

2. Teleclashter

Teleclashter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Just in case you don't read every single post on here, I want to make sure you know that we are going to be utilizing the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies forums for Best and Worst topics in the future, and we'll try to make sure that it's labelled clearly so y'all know that it's us looking for show help. That being said, if it shows that I started a post then I think most people know I'm not just starting conversation for the halibut.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. wiihoo888

wiihoo888 Mouseketeer

You are definitely spot on...think I was wording what I was trying to say a bit incorrectly. The need for increased resort space has been , and still is, most definitely there. It just seems that Disney has let so many attractions get outdated while resort expansion has been very actively occurring. More and more people have been getting funneled into parks that have been increasingly cut back for renovation. Please don’t get me wrong. I couldn’t be happier to see that the attraction aspect is getting the much needed attention and love now. I just wish it could have been phased in a little better, and while the resorts were being improved:)

5. twixieshores

twixieshores Earning My Ears

My apologies if that's not how you feel. That was my perception of what I felt your opinion was at this point. Clearly, I was wrong and honestly I'm glad that my assumptions were incorrect. But again, I'm sorry for putting opinions in your mouth you don't hold.

6. CampbellzSoup

CampbellzSoup Son. Husband. Father.

...well there goes any hopes of potential halibut conversations.

7. wiihoo888

wiihoo888 Mouseketeer

You’ve got a pet halibut?

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  8. jbehr12

jbehr12 Mouseketeer

Craig, you could easily do dining topics again on the show and still do the dining show. The dining show hasn’t done a list in as long as I can remember and typically sticks to reviews. You’re doing yourselves a disservice by keeping dining off of best and worst because they were easily your most engaging episodes and give you a plethora of content to use that is constantly updating so you can do similar topics every few months with updated menu items, locations, concepts, etc

Also your other best content tends to be hypothetical ideas... possible suggestions you could use are Best and Worst IP that should/shouldn’t be used in Tomorrowland, Best and Worst Marvel characters you think would or wouldn’t work in Disney, Best and Worst ideas for a 5th gate, etc. I think that people get the “phoning in” impression because a lot of the creativity on ideas is not what is used to be.

Also throw in some Suck/Doesn’t suck, do topics in some sort of listed order (not just the “let’s dive right in with no particular order” that’s been going on the last few months).. it really comes off as thrown together last minute, even if that’s not the case.

I don’t expect anyone who matters to read this all the way through but if any of you do I sill want to mention you guys all rock, I’m just giving some constructive comments from a viewer who loves the content. Best and worst got me hooked on this channel and I doubt I’m alone there!

disneysteve likes this.
  9. Princess Jes

Princess Jes DIS Veteran

I'm not actually sure why I'm even still reading this thread if there aren't going to be any Halibut conversations...

10. TreAntDeu

TreAntDeu Earning My Ears

the thing I definitely want back is the polls. Those could change drastically year to year in the context of a Best and worst Show and even the Dining Show(if dining show would do lists again, they need updating). And doing polls with DisBoards instead of Facebook could be great engagement.

11. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

If possible, when posting polls on the boards, could you post links on Facebook and Twitter? Even those of us who are regulars on the boards may not always go to the forum where the polls are being posted.

SorcererHeidi likes this.
  12. YesterDark

YesterDark DIS Veteran

I'm assuming the boss wants the format because lists bring in the views. People love lists. If that is the case then I suggest you get granular. Shorter shows and quicker hits. Top 5 best room locations at Coronado. Top 5 menu items wherever. Top 5 toys at whatever store.

It's essentially what the DFB does on a weekly basis. Those clickbait titles are what people are looking for when the Google for answers when they are planning vacations.

If that IS NOT the case then buy the boss man a good cup of coffee and tell him to loosen the reigns a bit so you can get creative.

13. jbish

jbish Mouseketeer

Just responded!! Always happy to participate. :)

14. newmouse2008

newmouse2008 dis veteran

I Love K-POP!!

15. jcdean

jcdean Mouseketeer

Then you might enjoy the Twistee Treat on Vineland Rd.